Author Topic: The reconstruction  (Read 6454 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: The reconstruction
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 11:42:04 AM »
thankyou for your reply.

please explain " that parents discovered their child cold (accidentally dead in the process of finding where they were) and out of shame concealed the body for good, claiming the child had been abducted ? Shame ? Not much value."
There's nothing to explain, just a bad story.

sorry - I thought you would explain how the parents discovered a cold body - their child.

Hi Anne.  Where do you imagine that they concealed  Madeleine's remains for 3 weeks before transporting said remains in the Scenic? Which is what the PJ were purporting....
Hi Rachel ! If I'm sure of something in this case it is that nobody concealed Madeleine's remains before transporting them. Imaginable but totally implausible in real life with real parents.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 11:43:46 AM by AnneGuedes »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 11:48:46 AM »
thankyou for your reply.

please explain " that parents discovered their child cold (accidentally dead in the process of finding where they were) and out of shame concealed the body for good, claiming the child had been abducted ? Shame ? Not much value."

sorry - I thought you would explain how the parents discovered a cold body - their child.
Explain ? That would be story telling, amaraltheofficeboy, it is not what this forum has been created for.

registrar

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 11:52:23 AM »
thankyou for your reply.

Explain ? That would be story telling, amaraltheofficeboy, it is not what this forum has been created for.

confused - what was this forum created for?

debunker

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 12:21:32 PM »
Though TV series should have turned justice in other parts of the planet more familiar, people from Common Law countries pain to understand the proceedings of justice in countries where the Romano-German system prevails. And reciprocally.
There was no kind of Inquisitio Haereticae Pravitatis in Anglo Saxon countries.
In the Inquisitorial system, through investigation methods, the judge and the police inspector are charged to obtain the truth from the suspect.
In the adversarial system the focus is on permanent negotiation and persuasion. Those depend very much on intellectual and financial capacities of the suspect (which leads to the aberrant condemnation to death of people incapable to defend themselves).

As you probably know, most such countries have drifted away from the really evil parts of the Roman Law and moved towards common law over the past fifty years. The pressure from the ECHR has gradually molded systems of Justice and created many new safeguards against state imposition of force rather than law.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2013, 01:20:35 PM »
What I note is a slight tendency in the US towards death pain suppression. BTW Portugal was one of the first countries on the planet to abolish it (1867), "an example for Europe",declared Victor Hugo.

debunker

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2013, 01:34:50 PM »
What I note is a slight tendency in the US towards death pain suppression. BTW Portugal was one of the first countries on the planet to abolish it (1867), "an example for Europe",declared Victor Hugo.

Elephants are quadrupeds.

Equally off topic.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2013, 05:47:59 PM »

Elephants are quadrupeds.

Equally off topic.
A hundred years later you'd be hung in the UK if your words had the killing power they virtually intend to, nurse Debunker !