Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1353137 times)

Redblossom

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #735 on: December 28, 2013, 09:14:34 PM »
You obviously don't understand the police hierarchy drummer but then nobody would expect you to.  Dr Gonçalo Amaral rose to one of the highest echelons of the Portuguese police through his successes.  To say that he was in some way a bit player is both false and disingenuous.  He was the coordinator of detectives in both the Cipriano and the McCann cases.  As the name implies, his job was to coordinate those beneath him.  He was not required to go out on the ground looking for clues or to interrogate anyone.

thanks john for putting it plainly for the hard of hearing

8((()*/

drummer

« Reply #736 on: December 28, 2013, 09:16:28 PM »
You obviously don't understand the police hierarchy drummer but then nobody would expect you to.  Dr Gonçalo Amaral rose to one of the highest echelons of the Portuguese police through his successes.  To say that he was in some way a bit player is both false and disingenuous.  He was the coordinator of detectives in both the Cipriano and the McCann cases.  As the name implies, his job was to coordinate those beneath him.  He was not required to go out on the ground looking for clues or to interrogate anyone.

Dr Amaral rose to the equivalent of Detective Chief Superintendent which is one post short of Assistant Chief Constable if you want an equivalent in UK terms.

Just to remind you John, it was his supporters that declared him a bit player not myself. Please accuse those posters of being false and disingenuous.

Lyall

« Reply #737 on: December 28, 2013, 09:17:32 PM »
pretty infamous imo. Do you think he would ever be employed by any legal profession again?

I don't know, but he has some fame now and perhaps will use that in future.

drummer

« Reply #738 on: December 28, 2013, 09:18:29 PM »
Wisely I hope.

Offline John

« Reply #739 on: December 28, 2013, 09:20:56 PM »
Just to remind you John, it was his supporters that declared him a bit player not myself. Please accuse those posters of being false and disingenuous.

You misunderstand, I didn't say you said it.  My point being that he was the guy in charge of the case.  He decided the course of events and who would be investigated. It was the job of his minions to do his bidding.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Lyall

« Reply #740 on: December 28, 2013, 09:23:20 PM »

drummer

« Reply #741 on: December 28, 2013, 09:24:55 PM »

Dr Amaral rose to the equivalent of Detective Chief Superintendent which is one post short of Assistant Chief Constable if you want an equivalent in UK terms.  As such he was a very senior officer.

It is true that his career has been tarnished by the civil case brought against him by his brother and the fallout from the Cipriano beatings.  I am quite sure he regrets both these events as they contributed to his demise and eventual exit from the police.

I'm sure he regrets it John.

Offline John

« Reply #742 on: December 28, 2013, 09:26:20 PM »
If Amaral successfully defends the current libel action against him he will earn a small fortune in TV appearances.  If those who are suing him thought him outspoken previously I fear they are in for a big surprise.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

drummer

« Reply #743 on: December 28, 2013, 09:27:26 PM »
Sorry, the end of my post disappeared.

You have used the term disgraced cop to address the man John, you also said he's lucky not to be in a prison cell. I think my comments were light in respect of yours.

Redblossom

« Reply #744 on: December 28, 2013, 09:42:30 PM »
If Amaral successfully defends the current libel action against him he will earn a small fortune in TV appearances.  If those who are suing him thought him outspoken previously I fear they are in for a big surprise.

Its not about money...(not for mr amaral anyway) the mccanns and their sick entourage went for mr amaral from early on.....with a thoroughly vicious vendetta .....I hope he wins and he will....
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:44:29 PM by Redblossom »

Offline John

« Reply #745 on: December 28, 2013, 10:08:32 PM »
Sorry, the end of my post disappeared.

You have used the term disgraced cop to address the man John, you also said he's lucky not to be in a prison cell. I think my comments were light in respect of yours.

You will be referring to this thread...and he was dam lucky to get a suspended sentence.  Condoning torture and attempting to cover it up are serious crimes especially for a very senior police officer.  Had the Governor of the prison not had the presence of mind to have Leonor photographed he might have got away with it again.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1162.msg32549;topicseen#msg32549

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:17:07 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #746 on: December 28, 2013, 10:22:37 PM »

And if he loses....even if he wins now if he makes any public appearances he will have to explain why the PJ and SY are looking for an abductor...will anyone be interested in his theories now

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #747 on: December 28, 2013, 10:24:58 PM »
Its not about money...(not for mr amaral anyway) the mccanns and their sick entourage went for mr amaral from early on.....with a thoroughly vicious vendetta .....I hope he wins and he will....

I don't think theres anything vicious in the case brought by the McCanns...when the book came out posters were crying...why don't they sue if its untrue...they have had to sue to defend their reputation and I hope they win.

Redblossom

« Reply #748 on: December 28, 2013, 10:28:49 PM »
I don't think theres anything vicious in the case brought by the McCanns...when the book came out posters were crying...why don't they sue if its untrue...they have had to sue to defend their reputation and I hope they win.

I dont remember anyone crying.....if you are sobbing and anxious take some camomile tea, its calming, nite now dear....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #749 on: December 28, 2013, 10:40:26 PM »
I dont remember anyone crying.....if you are sobbing and anxious take some camomile tea, its calming, nite now dear....

check out the several different meaning of the word crying