Author Topic: McCanns application to have Supreme Court judgement annulled dismissed.  (Read 37952 times)

Offline jassi

Re: McCanns application to have Supreme Court judgement annulled dismissed.
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2017, 10:04:05 AM »
So going before the ECHR isn't necessarily a good idea and demonstrates the vagaries of going to law .

I notice, also, that it took 10 years to get a result.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Montclair

« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2017, 10:05:47 AM »
I  think the dismissal was expected but was a necessary prerequisite to the application to the ECHR

It was not a necessary prerequisite before making an application to the ECHR. The initial ruling by the SC was enough.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2017, 10:07:29 AM »
So going before the ECHR isn't necessarily a good idea and demonstrates the vagaries of going to law .

The wheels of progress turn slowly.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2017, 10:09:23 AM »
It was not a necessary prerequisite before making an application to the ECHR. The initial ruling by the SC was enough.

in your opinion....and I see no reason to accept that

stephen25000

« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2017, 10:14:03 AM »
He still seems to be on the losing side.  He had to pay 60.000 euros but only got compensated 10,000 euros.  Is that how it panned out?

That is irrelevant.

What is, was that the McCann's have lost their legal action in Portugal, and now they have to pay up, or they will; face legal action.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2017, 10:17:22 AM »
That is irrelevant.

What is, was that the McCann's have lost their legal action in Portugal, and now they have to pay up, or they will; face legal action.
Amaral may have to go back to Portugal to claim his rights. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

stephen25000

« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2017, 10:18:29 AM »
Amaral may have to go back to Portugal to claim his rights.

That lies with the courts Rob.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2017, 10:55:03 AM »

That seems to be the norm. Five years to reach review stage the if it is not bombed out at that stage as 80% are then another five years to be heard.
Exceeded only by a fraud case in India which was closed without result after nearly 40 years when the last person involved died....seriously... ?{)(**
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2017, 11:07:41 AM »
Well they have court costs and presumably other bills to pay, including Duarte's, before they consider anything else.

I have no interest in what may come into their considerations ... that is entirely a matter for them.

What is evident ... despite protestations from some on this forum ... is that there is neither impediment to an ordinary citizen taking a case to the European Court of Human Rights.
Having done so that there is every chance of success in justice being served.

It is my opinion that the McCanns would have a very strong case to present to the ECHR. Many of the examples rehearsed by members here illustrating very obvious breaches of European Law suffered by them.

If they do decide to follow that route it will be interesting to see how many if any of the arguments made by members on the forum will coincide with the case their lawyers might present.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2017, 11:20:23 AM »

it really does sum it up...it shows Brietta has the good manners not to post her opinion as fact....as others on here do
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 11:22:19 AM by Eleanor »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2017, 11:21:34 AM »
Well they have court costs and presumably other bills to pay, including Duarte's, before they consider anything else.

The McCanns have incredible earning power....money is the least of their worries

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2017, 11:22:43 AM »

it really does sum it up...it shows Brietta has the good manners not to post her opinion as fact....as others on here do
My favourite too!
Moderation

stephen25000

« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2017, 11:29:53 AM »
The McCanns have incredible earning power....money is the least of their worries

Really.

Do you not perceive the irony of this alleged earning power from a case which was instigated by their own actions ?

Oh, by the way , can you provide a cite for this 'earning power'. ?

stephen25000

« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2017, 11:32:02 AM »
My favourite too!

That is matter of opinion. 8(0(*

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2017, 12:03:13 PM »
I have no interest in what may come into their considerations ... that is entirely a matter for them.

What is evident ... despite protestations from some on this forum ... is that there is neither impediment to an ordinary citizen taking a case to the European Court of Human Rights.
Having done so that there is every chance of success in justice being served.

It is my opinion that the McCanns would have a very strong case to present to the ECHR. Many of the examples rehearsed by members here illustrating very obvious breaches of European Law suffered by them.

If they do decide to follow that route it will be interesting to see how many if any of the arguments made by members on the forum will coincide with the case their lawyers might present.

I know you are being supportive of the McCanns Brietta but do you really think it's helpful forcing them into the position that, because their supporters expect it, they take their case to the ECHR ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?