Author Topic: Arise President Trump!  (Read 148728 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Arise President Trump!
« Reply #390 on: November 16, 2016, 04:27:47 PM »
George Soros linked to Trump Protests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14zszKEKz-I

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 12:11:46 PM by Angelo222 »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #391 on: November 16, 2016, 04:42:07 PM »
George Soros linked to Trump Protests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14zszKEKz-I

Well looking at the news reels of the protests and protesters there seems to be a common thread running through.
They look a bit like some of the anti VietNam war protests but without Hanoi Jane [Jane Fonda].

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #392 on: November 16, 2016, 05:01:37 PM »
Is that just another way of saying Trump is full of  shit?  Because I was  only referencing a policy he said he planned to put in place, you referred to my comment as evidence that the level of debate on this forum was somewhat beneath you, laughable in fact.  Perhaps it is Trump then who is laughable.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 12:13:30 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #393 on: November 16, 2016, 05:57:19 PM »
Is that just another way of saying Trump is full of  shit?  Because I was  only referencing a policy he said he planned to put in place, you referred to my comment as evidence that the level of debate on those forum was somewhat beneath you, laughable in fact.  Perhaps it is Trump then who is laughable.

Your statement was:
Even 25% tariff on Chinese goods would be a monumental blow to both China and to US business and the poor folk of the USA.
That is your comment all your own work, voluntarily and FA to do with me and Donald Trump.
My point is that had you been aware of all the tariffs over 25% that effect the import of Chines products into the US you should not have made such a gross error. Either you cannot do a simple bit of research into US trade tariffs or you assume the rest of us can't. There is of course a third option which I covered in my previous post.
Trump was a guy who successfully ran for arguably the most important office in the world. Like any other person running for such office he bent the truth, told lies, smeared the opposition, made outrageous statements and made promises he will not be able to fulfil. Judge him on what he has achieved by 2020 not by what you, or correspondents who are paid to fill column inches on topical subjects, guess what he may do.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #394 on: November 16, 2016, 06:13:06 PM »
Your statement was:
Even 25% tariff on Chinese goods would be a monumental blow to both China and to US business and the poor folk of the USA.
That is your comment all your own work, voluntarily and FA to do with me and Donald Trump.
My point is that had you been aware of all the tariffs over 25% that effect the import of Chines products into the US you should not have made such a gross error. Either you cannot do a simple bit of research into US trade tariffs or you assume the rest of us can't. There is of course a third option which I covered in my previous post.
Trump was a guy who successfully ran for arguably the most important office in the world. Like any other person running for such office he bent the truth, told lies, smeared the opposition, made outrageous statements and made promises he will not be able to fulfil. Judge him on what he has achieved by 2020 not by what you, or correspondents who are paid to fill column inches on topical subjects, guess what he may do.
I was aware when I wrote what I wrote that there had been tariffs placed on certain Chinese tyre imports (less than 25% I believe).  I was also aware that this had not gone down very well with the Chinese (a point I made earlier) nor that it (the tariffs) had had overwhelmingly positive effects on the US economy generally.  I wasn't aware that there were already in place tariffs of 25% on ALL Chinese imports into the United States, perhaps you could point me to the relevant cite for this as I can't find one?   

It stands to reason that any substantial hike in import tariffs across the board on all imports from China, whether to 25% or 45% is going to have a massive detrimental impact on the economy, certainly in the short term, and by short term I mean for at least the duration of the Donald's term in office. 

I do hope this post gives you a good laugh and that you can conjure up an appropriately sneering response before dinner time. 

PS: good to see you acknowledge that Trump IS full of shit, and yet he was supposed to be different to other politicians wasn't he? 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 06:17:33 PM by Alfie »

Alfie

« Reply #395 on: November 16, 2016, 06:25:18 PM »
Some facts:

Tariffs

First, on tariffs: In general, the president, acting unilaterally via executive action, can only impose tariffs of up to 15% and for 150 days to combat balance of payments deficits. This clause was used by President George W. Bush in 2002 to combat underpriced imports of steel; tariffs were priced at 8-30%. As a result, the U.S. angered trading partners and was held in violation of WTO commitments.

Over the course of our history, tariffs have been primarily been imposed by the Commerce Department or Congress—and under specific conditions, as put forth by the World Trade Organization (WTO). WTO stipulates that tariffs can only be imposed when there is material injury to the domestic industry.

When China and other foreign producers started dumping steel into the U.S. in 2014, the U.S. tried to fight back with anti-dumping tariffs. For its part, the WTO has mainly sided with China in its complaints on U.S. anti-dumping duties. In a report issued by the WTO last month, the WTO, for the most part, finds China to be justified in its grievances regarding U.S. tariffs on various types of steel.

That was a specific case, but that isn’t what Trump is talking about. He wants to impose a blanket 45% tariff across all goods imported from China if the country is unwilling to negotiate better trade terms for the U.S. This is against the spirit and rules of the WTO, and would lead to condemnation by the organization along with other trading partners. This might lead to U.S. withdrawal from the WTO, which Trump has the power to carry out as President.

-----------------------

Now, tell me again - what is so laughably ridiculous about what I wrote?

"Even 25% tariff on Chinese goods would be a monumental blow to both China and to US business and the poor folk of the USA".
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 06:28:20 PM by Alfie »

Alfie

« Reply #396 on: November 16, 2016, 07:03:45 PM »
Back in 2011 The Donald was calling for a tariff of "only" 25% on all Chinese imports (strange, when Alice tells us that these tariffs are already in place) - and here is the response of CNN Money to such a suggested tariff policy

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/17/news/economy/trump_china_trade_war/

So when I said ""Even 25% tariff on Chinese goods would be a monumental blow to both China and to US business and the poor folk of the USA" it seems I wasn't talking out of my arse after all.  @)(++(*

this guy, an international trade attorney, Cato Institute Adjunct Scholar, political adviser pretty much says EXACTLY what I wrote above, only he gives a more in-depth analysis.  http://lincicome.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/unbearable-asininity-and-immorality-of.html

I guess Alice will find his analysis completely ill-informed / laughable as well.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 07:15:26 PM by Alfie »

stephen25000

« Reply #397 on: November 16, 2016, 07:15:33 PM »
Here is an example of Trump's high I.Q. 8**8:/:

Donald Trump claims his wife doesn’t poop or fart @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

The perfect woman, according to Trump, neither defecates nor breaks wind, and Trump claims his then-girlfriend Melania, who’s now his wife, has never done either.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/282051/melania-trump-poop-fart-stern/

...and here is the man admitting some of the truth.....

' Trump caught on video telling rich friends at the 21 Club, ‘We’ll get your taxes down — don’t worry about it’ '

So, he's not part of the elite   *&*%£

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/310078/trump-21-club-get-taxes-down-dont-worry-about-it-video/

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 07:17:41 PM by stephen25000 »

stephen25000

« Reply #398 on: November 17, 2016, 08:43:08 AM »
These Big Cities Refuse To Give Up Illegal ‘Sanctuary’ Status'

The day after Election Day, Seattle’s Mayor Ed Murray pledged that Seattle will remain a sanctuary city for undocumented immigrants, even if that means losing federal funding. That’s a real risk because President-elect Donald Trump, even before he won the presidential election vowed to crack down on cities that shield illegal aliens from federal immigration authorities, promising to block federal taxpayer dollars from going to them.

As my colleague, streiff explained in this piece,  Trump’s Contract With the American Voter — his plan for the first hundred days of his presidency — includes canceling all federal funding to sanctuary cities as one of the five things Trump will do on day one of his presidency to restore security and the constitutional rule of law.

Seattle isn’t the only sanctuary city to say it will defy the anticipated federal crackdown on the sanctuary cities. Reuters reports that the mayors Los Angeles and New York also promised their cities would also remain sanctuaries to illegals and said they hoped Trump would not follow through on a campaign promise to withhold federal funds from “sanctuary cities” that shield people who are in the country illegally:

The nation’s two largest cities have sharply limited their cooperation with U.S. immigration authorities seeking to deport undocumented immigrants.

http://www.redstate.com/california_yankee/2016/11/14/big-cities-refuse-give-illegal-sanctuary-status/

..and he hasn't even taken office.

and ..................

'That is not our job': LA police chief joins mayors of Chicago, New York and Seattle in refusing to help Donald Trump kick out illegal immigrants

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3937430/That-not-job-LAPD-chief-refuses-help-Donald-Trump-kick-illegal-immigrants.html#ixzz4QFnNSDGO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Alfie

« Reply #399 on: November 17, 2016, 09:02:42 AM »
IMO Trump will need to call upon the army or perhaps create a whole new "protection squadron" with the specific aim of hunting down all the undesirables. 

stephen25000

« Reply #400 on: November 17, 2016, 09:42:38 AM »
IMO Trump will need to call upon the army or perhaps create a whole new "protection squadron" with the specific aim of hunting down all the undesirables.

Indeed, and possibly a recipe for anarchy.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #401 on: November 17, 2016, 12:18:21 PM »
These Big Cities Refuse To Give Up Illegal ‘Sanctuary’ Status'

The day after Election Day, Seattle’s Mayor Ed Murray pledged that Seattle will remain a sanctuary city for undocumented immigrants, even if that means losing federal funding. That’s a real risk because President-elect Donald Trump, even before he won the presidential election vowed to crack down on cities that shield illegal aliens from federal immigration authorities, promising to block federal taxpayer dollars from going to them.

As my colleague, streiff explained in this piece,  Trump’s Contract With the American Voter — his plan for the first hundred days of his presidency — includes canceling all federal funding to sanctuary cities as one of the five things Trump will do on day one of his presidency to restore security and the constitutional rule of law.

Seattle isn’t the only sanctuary city to say it will defy the anticipated federal crackdown on the sanctuary cities. Reuters reports that the mayors Los Angeles and New York also promised their cities would also remain sanctuaries to illegals and said they hoped Trump would not follow through on a campaign promise to withhold federal funds from “sanctuary cities” that shield people who are in the country illegally:

The nation’s two largest cities have sharply limited their cooperation with U.S. immigration authorities seeking to deport undocumented immigrants.

http://www.redstate.com/california_yankee/2016/11/14/big-cities-refuse-give-illegal-sanctuary-status/

..and he hasn't even taken office.

and ..................

'That is not our job': LA police chief joins mayors of Chicago, New York and Seattle in refusing to help Donald Trump kick out illegal immigrants

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3937430/That-not-job-LAPD-chief-refuses-help-Donald-Trump-kick-illegal-immigrants.html#ixzz4QFnNSDGO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Is shielding or incitement to shield illegal immigrants not a federal offence.  Mayor Ed Murray best watch out, he could end up sharing a cell with Hillary, Soros and a few more criminals. 

Come to think of it isn't the new Mayor of London doing the same thing albeit quietly?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 12:20:29 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #402 on: November 17, 2016, 12:22:12 PM »

Better late than never, maybe Theresa will do the same in places like Birmingham, Bradford, Leeds, London and Glasgow?  Let's purge the UK of this alien riffraff!!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:18:12 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #403 on: November 17, 2016, 01:02:49 PM »
I was aware when I wrote what I wrote that there had been tariffs placed on certain Chinese tyre imports (less than 25% I believe).  I was also aware that this had not gone down very well with the Chinese (a point I made earlier) nor that it (the tariffs) had had overwhelmingly positive effects on the US economy generally.  I wasn't aware that there were already in place tariffs of 25% on ALL Chinese imports into the United States, perhaps you could point me to the relevant cite for this as I can't find one?   

It stands to reason that any substantial hike in import tariffs across the board on all imports from China, whether to 25% or 45% is going to have a massive detrimental impact on the economy, certainly in the short term, and by short term I mean for at least the duration of the Donald's term in office. 

I do hope this post gives you a good laugh and that you can conjure up an appropriately sneering response before dinner time. 

PS: good to see you acknowledge that Trump IS full of shit, and yet he was supposed to be different to other politicians wasn't he?

As usual Alfie you are labouring and posting under several misapprehensions.

stephen25000

« Reply #404 on: November 17, 2016, 01:15:40 PM »
Better late than never, maybe Theresa will do the same in places like Birmingham, Bradford, Leeds, London and Glasgow?  Let's purge the UK of this alien riffraff!!

I've seen a lot of riff raff in this country, and believe you me, I know where I'd stick them. *&*%£