Poll

Please Indicate your Position

I am willing to accept any eventual outcome despite my current beliefs
10 (25.6%)
I believe the McCanns are innocent and nothing is likely to change my mind.
7 (17.9%)
I suspect the McCanns of involvement but given enough further information I may change my mind.
12 (30.8%)
I suspect the McCanns of involvement and nothing is likely to change my mind.
3 (7.7%)
I believe the McCanns are innocent but given enough further information I may change my mind.
7 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: November 05, 2013, 12:55:53 PM

Author Topic: Poll - The Divergence of Views on this subject  (Read 65036 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Poll - The Divergence of Views on this subject
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 05:17:16 PM »

Not if Pro Posts keep on getting removed.

Cariad

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 05:47:11 PM »
Currently 75% are flexible and only 25% dogmatic. Why so many arguments if three quarters of the board admit that they might be proved wrong?

Probably because a lot of the squabbles are about things we feel strongly about which aren't actually about guilt or innocence of the parties involved.

I've argued till I'm blue in the face that it's never acceptable to leave kids alone. I'm not ever going to change my mind about that.

Others argue about the dog alerts. A lot of people have very strong opinions about that.

Some of it is just personality clashes' we get on each others nerves!

The facts are very. very thin on the ground in this case. Frankly I don't really understand how anyone could be convince either way.

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 07:13:27 PM »

"I believe the McCanns are innocent but given enough further information I may change my mind."

I start from the presumption of innocence - hence my 5 vote.

Redblossom

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 07:30:01 PM »

"I believe the McCanns are innocent but given enough further information I may change my mind."

I start from the presumption of innocence - hence my 5 vote.

This is not a law court and none of us are jurors in any case.....forums are about OPINIONS...right wrong or neither

i voted 3 because that is my opinion at present...or rather closest to it though not exact

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 07:38:43 PM »
This is not a law court and none of us are jurors in any case.....forums are about OPINIONS...right wrong or neither

i voted 3 because that is my opinion at present...or rather closest to it though not exact

I don't think you have to explain to anyone on here that you suspect the McCanns of involvement

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2013, 07:39:37 PM »
I don't think you have to explain to anyone on here that you suspect the McCanns of involvement

and thats her  right

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2013, 07:41:06 PM »

Redblossom

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2013, 07:44:24 PM »

there you are again making assumptions, i said I voted for 3 as it was nearest to what I believe but not exact, I suspect them.....IMO they are not truthful or convincing and there is proof they embellish the truth and have displayed very dodgy behaviours and I dont know why as parents of a missing child
 8((()*/

Eta thanks carly, i dont like cults and I certainly dont like people telling me what to think or telling me what I think is wrong in x y z language and for x y z reasons....those people need to take a massive hike
 8((()*/

« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:48:27 PM by Redblossom »

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »
there you are again making assumptions, i said I voted for 3 as it was nearest to what I believe but not exact, I suspect them.....IMO they are not truthful or convincing and there is proof they embellish the truth and have displayed very dodgy behaviours and I dont know why as parents of a missing child
 8((()*/

I didn't assume anything - you told us that you voted number 3 which says:

"I suspect the McCanns of involvement but given enough further information I may change my mind."

Aegean

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 08:00:04 PM »
You don't think we are arguing about who's right and who's wrong, do you?  I am arguing for the right to be innocent until proved guilty.
Some are arguing for a Kangaroo Court of their opinion.

Except, we're not the representatives of the state in the form of the law courts. It's not as though if we decide that the McCanns are guilty that we are going to arrest them and put them in prison.

I'm not sure who's arguing for a kangaroo court. We are allowed to think and have opinions, unless you're suggesting that we just behave like zombies whenever the McCanns appear on TV and simply nod our heads and agree with everything they say, and should not be permitted to think "hm, hold on a minute" because then we will be violating their civil rights.

Certainly, the judicial system should deem everyone indicted as innocent until proven guilty and courts should provide a fair process. But, according to what you're saying, no one would ever be indicted of anything and no case would ever be brought to court because for the police even to classify someone as a suspect would be violating the principle of "innocent until proven guilty".

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2013, 08:00:53 PM »
Not if Pro Posts keep on getting removed.

Abusive posts will always be removed...what does that tell you?   8(0(*

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2013, 08:11:07 PM »
Abusive posts will always be removed...what does that tell you?   8(0(*

It tells me that the abusive posts of some people are more likely to be overlooked.  And No, I don't make a habit of reporting posters.  But then you probably know that.

Offline Haskins

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2013, 08:31:07 PM »
Voted for 1 but I would also have happily voted for 5.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2013, 02:57:58 PM »
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id400.html

"There will be a point at which we and the Government will want to make a decision about what the likely outcome is."   

(Bernard Hogan-Howe - Metropolitan Police Commissioner).

So what exactly is the 'likely outcome,' and why the need for a 'Government' decision?

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html
"Nonetheless, it is necessary to recall that a criminal investigation cannot have as a concern the politically correct, nor to have its purpose limited by personal interests, institutional or others, nor to be targeted by intolerable pressures and coercive measures, what is at stake is to ascertain the truth and the fate of the child so those responsible for the mysterious disappearance are brought before Justice."

(Gonçarlo Amaral)

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:07:09 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Redblossom

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2013, 03:14:44 PM »
"There will be a point at which we and the Government will want to make a decision about what the likely outcome is."   

(Bernard Hogan-Howe - Metropolitan Police Commissioner).

???? very odd