Author Topic: Sunday Times sued by McCanns  (Read 43592 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Sunday Times sued by McCanns
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2014, 04:23:05 PM »
The Press

Freedom of the press in Britain is freedom to print such of the proprietor's prejudices as the advertiser's won't object to. ~Helen Swaffer
Nuff said 8(>((

Shes wrong....apart from their position on contentious issues proprietors print what will sell their papers and advertisers are interested in how many papers are sold...dAVEL...

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2014, 05:53:38 PM »
Shes wrong....apart from their position on contentious issues proprietors print what will sell their papers and advertisers are interested in how many papers are sold...dAVEL...
You are talking bollox and would realise it if you analysed your statement properly.
I sometimes wonder why any one in the world ever bothers having an opinion when yours trumps everything.
Trump being the operative word it would seem; comes from the same part of the body as your opinions.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2014, 06:14:30 PM »
Sometimes it goes wayyyy over the head.

The News of the World collapsed because advertisers wouldn't touch it with a barge pole -simples!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #198 on: October 21, 2014, 07:13:23 PM »
Sometimes it goes wayyyy over the head.

The News of the World collapsed because advertisers wouldn't touch it with a barge pole -simples!
The news of the world collapsed because of the phone hacking scandal by its staff...causing  a public backlash...nothing to do with the prejudices of it's proprietor

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #199 on: October 21, 2014, 07:16:24 PM »
You are talking bollox and would realise it if you analysed your statement properly.
I sometimes wonder why any one in the world ever bothers having an opinion when yours trumps everything.
Trump being the operative word it would seem; comes from the same part of the body as your opinions.

she's still wrong...Murdoch prints what sells papers..he wouldn't let his own prejudices get in the way of making money...that's why he's so wealthy

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #200 on: October 22, 2014, 08:50:52 PM »
Can I suggest you read Flat Earth News by Nick Davies.

I don't need to. I'm well aware of the distortion carried out by journalists to sell more papers...I'm well aware of lies told by newspapers and journalists...I'm well aware govt massage figures..
What I don't accept is that a newspaper is simply the projection of the proprietors prejudice

Offline TitoMuzzy

« Reply #201 on: October 23, 2014, 01:07:22 AM »

What I don't accept is that a newspaper is simply the projection of the proprietors prejudice

Not just 'a' newspaper, but the whole of the News International stable of titles turned on the Conservative party in favour of the Labour party at the whim of Rupert Murdoch, ensuring the election of Tony Blair, and then again on the Labour Party in favour of the Conservative party, ensuring the election of David Cameron, once again at the behest of the newspapers owner.

Are you really that narrow minded and gullible to 'believe' what you are being brainwashed to 'believe' ?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #202 on: October 23, 2014, 09:54:13 AM »
Try reading my posts again and you might understand...someone said 20 years ago that what wins elections is"Tits on page 3" and nothing has changed. I just don't subscribe to the Icke school of thought
Not many do but you you suggest they do because it is one the strategies in your Propaganda for Dummies manual.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline John

« Reply #203 on: October 23, 2014, 06:04:27 PM »
Why do you think the McCanns won their libel action?

Very simply, the Sunday Times settled out of court because they accused the McCann's of purposely withholding the e-fits from everyone for five years thus impeding the investigation.  We all know now of course that they did not withhold them for five years and that they were passed to police some months after their agents Oakley commissioned them.  The fact that the McCanns never saw fit to promote the e-fits however is neither here nor there and leaves everyone free to ponder why?

Surely the parents of a missing child would want to make every scrap of information available to the public and especially any e-fits which could lead to her discovery?  What happened between the time those e-fits were commissioned and their handing over to police which tainted them so badly in the eyes of the parents?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 12:50:16 AM by Angelo222 »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #204 on: October 23, 2014, 06:36:30 PM »
Very simply, the Sunday Times settled out of court because they accused the McCann's of purposely withholding the e-fits from everyone for five years thus impeding the investigation.  We all know now of course that they did not withhold them for five years and that they were passed to police some months after their agents Oakley commissioned them.  The fact that the McCanns never saw fit to promote the e-fits however is neither here nor there and leaves everyone free to ponder why?

Surely the parents of a missing child would want to make every scrap of information available to the public and especially any e-fits which could lead to her discovery?  What happened between the time those e-fits were commissioned and their handing over to police which tainted them so badly in the eyes of the parents?
  even more simply none of us know the reasons ST settled...even if you think you do

ferryman

« Reply #205 on: October 23, 2014, 06:44:12 PM »
The fact that the McCanns never saw fit to promote the e-fits however is neither here nor there and leaves everyone free to ponder why?

Tainted e-fits?

Never.

It really is perfectly simple.  E-fits of a man seen carrying a child in close proximity to apartment 5a at just about the time Madeleine is known to have been abducted could not be released other than in the context of a live and on-going investigation.

That was the judgment the police made and the McCanns had no business gainsaying that judgment, even if they were in a position to, which isn't clear, at least to me ...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:46:37 PM by ferryman »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #206 on: October 24, 2014, 12:50:01 AM »
It really is perfectly simple.  E-fits of a man seen carrying a child in close proximity to apartment 5a at just about the time Madeleine is known to have been abducted could not be released other than in the context of a live and on-going investigation.

That was the judgment the police made and the McCanns had no business gainsaying that judgment, even if they were in a position to, which isn't clear, at least to me ...

hmm    &%+((£

Then again could it be that one of those tainted e fits was just so like Gerry that they didn't dare take a chance??
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:43:02 PM by John »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline jassi

« Reply #207 on: October 24, 2014, 08:44:05 PM »
I believe the end result will be an unsolved case.
This will suit almost everyone.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #208 on: October 24, 2014, 08:45:23 PM »
nooooooo, i want a conclusion whatever the result and whether it is in 20 years time I hope/believe we will see a resolution...

Offline sadie

« Reply #209 on: October 24, 2014, 09:17:54 PM »
nooooooo, i want a conclusion whatever the result and whether it is in 20 years time I hope/believe we will see a resolution...

Just be patient, your Lordship.

I think they are almost there ... might take a few months tho', cos they are thorough