Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1352876 times)

icabodcrane

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #840 on: January 04, 2014, 12:35:04 AM »
Indeed.

Surely the whole town would have been abuzz with news and discussion of her disappearance.

Seems that there were far more calls in general made shortly after her disappearance than before (see table on Heriberto's blog for example).

Same goes for Murat calling what's his name. Nothing at all odd about friends or neighbours discussing the case. Would be odd, in a small town, if they didn't.

I don't think a forensic investigation of telephone data can, or should,  be minimised

It was months ago that Scotland Yard first alluded to the importance of phone records and I suspect that is what they have been working on relentlessy for several months

...  it may be where the answers lie

Offline John

« Reply #841 on: January 04, 2014, 12:41:02 AM »
Perhaps you were deaf to them CPN.  I have heard them say they made a mistake several times now and they regretted it.

Do you want them to keep on saying the same thing?  Seems like rubbing salt into a wound to me.

No, but it would be nice to hear them state in simple language once in a while that they were at fault 
Instead, all we get are excuses and platitudes to the effect that they did nothing wrong.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:43:57 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #842 on: January 04, 2014, 12:48:31 AM »
I don't think a forensic investigation of telephone data can, or should,  be minimised

It was months ago that Scotland Yard first alluded to the importance of phone records and I suspect that is what they have been working on relentlessy for several months

...  it may be where the answers lie

Nice to be 'talking' with you again, icabod.

Absolutely, the triangulation and so on is of great importance. I didn't mean to trivialise it.

What I meant was, with reference to the article to which pegasus alludes, that it's just like any other piece or type of evidence: simply abstract information until corroborated against something else.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #843 on: January 04, 2014, 12:53:31 AM »
The Mail says
"the burglars may have panicked after they woke Madeleine up by mistake and decided to take her away with them"

Sorry but burglars are not that stupid.
A burglar disturbed by a child will flee WITHOUT harming or taking the child.

An example is given in the Mail article - elsewhere in Praia da Luz a burglar is disturbed by a baby and does NOT take the baby.

But try this: a would-be thief thinks everyone is out (and yes that is how it looked isn't it?). Opens window and shutter from outside. Hears/sees awoken person inside. Flees, never entering, taking nothing. So there you have the first room solved. It explains the puzzle of the apparantly purposelessly open window and shutter, it explains the enigmas that no-one entered, and that no possesions were taken, and most important it explains exit to another room which no other theory comes near explaining.

icabodcrane

« Reply #844 on: January 04, 2014, 12:54:51 AM »
Nice to be 'talking' with you again, icabod.

Absolutely, the triangulation and so on is of great importance. I didn't mean to trivialise it.

What I meant was, with reference to the article to which pegasus alludes, that it's just like any other piece or type of evidence: simply abstract information until corroborated against something else.

oh I agree  ...  the article linked is meaningless flotsam floated for unknown reasons by an unknown  'informed source' 

The  actual  police investigation into telephone data  (  which we will  not  see in the tabloids )  is quite a different kettle of fish

Offline pegasus

« Reply #845 on: January 04, 2014, 01:05:52 AM »
Wasn't it UK who provided phone analysts in the early investigation?
Going by memory, no source, anyone else have one?
I know all PDL mast to PDL mast calls were analyzed for two short periods that night - those lists in the files.

icabodcrane

« Reply #846 on: January 04, 2014, 01:21:15 AM »
Wasn't it UK who provided phone analysts in the early investigation?
Going by memory, no source, anyone else have one?
I know all PDL mast to PDL mast calls were analyzed for two short periods that night - those lists in the files.

I'm sorry,  I  don't know pegasus

I recall,   though, that the Portuguese police wanted to use the McCanns'  telephone data in their case but were prevented from doing so by a Portuguese Judge  (  privacy laws  ?  )

Would Scotland Yard be free from such restrictiions,  I wonder   

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #847 on: January 04, 2014, 01:29:30 AM »
Are we to assume from the fact that presumably the mobiles in question were on contract that the three suspect burglars are Portuguese?

icabodcrane

« Reply #848 on: January 04, 2014, 01:41:49 AM »
Are we to assume from the fact that presumably the mobiles in question were on contract that the three suspect burgla rs are Portuguese?

I don't think we can assume or presume anything from this Daily Mail article

The claim about  'suspect burglars'  is made by an anonymous  'informed'  source  (  Clarence Mitchell  ?  )

Where the police   are quoted there is nothing to suggest the telephone data they are investigating is related to   'burglars'   at all   

Offline pegasus

« Reply #849 on: January 04, 2014, 01:51:07 AM »
It was the Met who provided the phone experts in May 2007.
 Guardian 1st June 2007..

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:05:54 AM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:06:41 AM by pegasus »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #851 on: January 04, 2014, 02:22:30 AM »
I don't think we can assume or presume anything from this Daily Mail article

The claim about  'suspect burglars'  is made by an anonymous  'informed'  source  (  Clarence Mitchell  ?  )

Where the police   are quoted there is nothing to suggest the telephone data they are investigating is related to   'burglars'   at all

One Portuguese and two not British, so it says.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #852 on: January 04, 2014, 05:43:45 AM »
I don't believe it's taken them so long to analyse the phone masts data.. What can be so complicated about this?

Just give it to a computer programmer and he'd pick up the nearest calls, the most used numbers, the people who came in to the town and later left.. all sorts of info..

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #853 on: January 04, 2014, 06:30:36 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533510/Police-identify-three-prime-suspects-abduction-Madeleine-McCann-following-analysis-mobile-phone-data.html

Ok then

SY not doing a running commentary then.....but someone is.....and that someone is talking balldecocks...oh well roll on jan 7 th

8((()*/

A GANG...3 people lol...

Eamonn Holmes asked a RESIDENT and a guy in the know about any burglaries in the area and he stated he didnt know of ANY not loads anyway........

A GANG would mean lots of burglaries going on and surely would have been noted. One would think.

It was the quiet season too, so why would a GANG be working at the beginning of the season when there was small pickings.

Its a huge jump from taking away a passport or two, to taking away a 4 year old child...who surely would have screamed blue murder if THREE strange men tried to take her away.

IF they had got into the apartment why wouldnt they also snatch the passports etc.....

All this mobile phone malarky proves nothing.

Surely in this day and age after 7 years you would know who was where....and if they were a gang they would have pay as you go lol without GPS.

The Mail is one of those papers I ignore. Didnt they push tractor man as being the suspect.

Now here is odd. In the same article it says SY is not looking at TRACTORMAN, yet he was a known thief, according to all the media.

I cant imagine the child being taken out of the flat quietly no way......

PDL is supposed to be a quiet village, the way you read it, well you wouldnt want to stay there, full of PEDOPHILES, BURGLARS, AND ANYTHING else you would like to throw at them poor citizens.....

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #854 on: January 04, 2014, 07:01:39 AM »
'The gang' was made of three people.. one Portuguese and two other nationalities? I bet 'the two' were of some Eastern European origin..
Why would they take the child? The only 'why' that comes to my mind is if the child knows one of them.. i.e. if it was a resort worker whom she saw on regular basis.
But would they kill a child for this reason? What state of mind one needs to be in to kill a child. so she doesn't tell!
The second reason for taking her would be to sell her.. for that the thieves would have to have the buyer ready.. Would they at this point have a ready buyer waiting for a blond child.. I don't think so!
The third reason would be to abuse her.. then in this scenario we would need to have the thieves who are at the same time child abusers.. and all three of them? this would be a very rare situation!

The longer I think about this, and I am a long standing pro.. I have a feeling there is a UK connection to this case.. and that this was all organised before they even left for Portugal..