Author Topic: People proved innocent  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Joanne

People proved innocent
« on: June 04, 2012, 08:31:43 PM »
I'm wondering, when people are linked to a crime and then cleared as in Colin Stagg, Chris Jeffries, Barri White, Keith Hyatt to name a few, do they ever lose the stigma of the 'crime' even when other people go onto be charged with that crime? I did hear in a rough Justice programme that often when a miscarriage has happened that the real culprit doesn't often get caught.

Offline Angelo222

Re: People proved innocent
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 12:28:18 PM »
There are now 7 cases in the DNA age where the real murderer has been brought to justice after a miscarriage of justice. The sad part of these cases is the lives wrecked by them and protection of the truly guilty.

Cardiff 5 - 16 years in total - 15 years before Gafoor was brought to justice.
Damilola Taylor Inquiry 4 juveniles 2 years each. 6 years before Preddie brothers were convicted
Stefan Kiszko 16 years - 32 before Ronald Castree is convicted.
Colin Stagg - 1 year - 13 before Robert Napper is held responsible, but insane.
Phillip Skipper 1 year - 13 before John Pope is convicted.
Sean Hodgson 27 years - David Lace's DNA confirms confession, but after his suicide.
Barri White and Keith Hyatt 8 years - 13 before Shahidul Ahmed is convicted.

Cardiff 5 Ronnie Actie and Yusef Abdullahi die aged 49
Stefan Kiszko dead aged 41
Phillip S kipper dead aged 48
Sean Hodgson dead aged 59

The others never fully recovered. And this doesn't deal with te effect on victims' families which is utterly appalling.

Says much for the good old British justice system.  Rotten to the core!!
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Redblossom

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 08:10:32 PM »
The need to get a conviction, whatever, is the most disgusting ethic

Added  to that sad  list above is the dozens of cases I have read about where the real perpetrator was never found but the convicted ones were exonerated eventually...some after over 20 years in prison...something rotten in the system for that to happen...they say the wheels of justice grind slowly, sometimes they sincerely need a good kick up the backside

Offline Crusader76

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 02:51:06 PM »
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, I've been to prison and was released this year. I currently have a Criminal Appeal and Medical Negligence case ongoing. I am hoping that in time something positive happens. My Criminal Solicitors have been approved 3 lots of funding from the LSC so I believe there is something in it otherwise it wouldn't have got this far.

My Medical case may also help as my crime was committed after becoming mentally unstable and the nurse who I accused of abusing me before my case was not struck off by the NMC until after I had served my sentence.
It is a very complex case but I will seek visibility and awareness for everyone once my legal cases have gone further.

Offline Crusader76

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 07:03:53 PM »
No offence mods, but shouldn't Crusader's post be moved to the intro board. He or she can start a thread about their case and if they want to, ask for help. This thread is about those proved innocent.

Didn't even know about the intro board to be honest but thanks for the tip. Hoping in time for more exposure.   8(0(*

Offline Myster

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 07:16:34 PM »
Here is another - Chris Jeffries. He never stood trial, but it certainly did him no favours at all being linked wrongly to that murder.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/christopher-jefferies-police-express-regret-071849150.html#6lzfSfQ

That makes it about two and a half years since Mr. Jefferies was released from bail by Somerset and Avon Police and no longer a suspect... what took them so long ?.   Did the letter of apology get lost in the post ???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2421800/Joanna-Yeates-murder-police-chief-apologises-landlord-suffering-endured-detectives-failed-publicly-rule-suspect.html
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:35:38 AM by Myster »
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline joff1889

• Debut novel shortlisted in The Novel Prize 2012
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 10:50:28 PM »
Do Sion Jenkins and Barry George not count?