Author Topic: The Earlier Reports Made about the case  (Read 44208 times)

Offline [...]

The Earlier Reports Made about the case
« on: March 31, 2017, 02:51:54 PM »
With the earlier reports I feel, being more accurate and with long threads things get lost, I thought I'd start here explaining how the descriptions and reports of the case first unfolded:

I'll start with an earlier post I made which people may find difficult to see it in the main thread:

This is transcript from the youtube video Dated: 28th December 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8noQpXm0HQU

Police Announce Murder Inquiry:Launched over death of Joanna Yeates:

At 9:30 mins:
Daily Mirror

Was Joanna fully clothed when she was found?

Policeman Replies:

She was clothed .. yes

Remember he said... Clothed

DailyMail Reporter

Was there anything missing from her person...... er...Items of clothing at all ... like a shoe or?

Policeman Replies:

erm..She was fully clothed... so..

He SAYS FULLY CLOTHED!!!!

So No SKI SOCK????

At This point he could have said, I'm not at liberty to say!!!

Another Reporter asks:

Can I just Check.. we heard coat was in that the... was in the same coat she was photographed or caught on CCTV was that in the Flat? Is That Correct?

Policeman Replies:

Yes..

Reporter Says:

Did she have a coat on when she was found?

Policeman replies:

erm... As I said she was fully clothed..

Again... FULLY CLOTHED...... "So nothing missing"

Reporter asks:

You can't say whether she had a coat on or not.....?

Policeman replies:

Well I'm not prepared to discuss at this stage..

This is ODD..... 

When did the MISSING SKI SOCK , become Part of the investigation.... ( 5th January if you remember!!!)

He has already said more than once that when they found Joanna Yeates ....She was FULLY CLOTHED!!!!!...

The Reporter even asks if any ITEMS of clothing were missing.... he gives an example of.....LIKE A SHOE!!

The Policeman keeps with that she was FULLY CLOTHED........

So when did the BOOTS suddenly become part of the items left in the flat???  AND The SKI SOCK become the TROPHY???????

What exactly was Joanna Yeates wearing when they found her???

Because according to the Policeman leading the Investigation... She was fully clothed!!!!!!!!!

What happened in this Investigation!! It's gone from:

FULLY CLOTHED with NO SIGNIFICANT INJURIES

To............

MISSING A SKI SOCK AND 43 Injuries through fighting for her Life?

So did Joanna yeates have a Jacket or something similar on seeing as the Policeman keep saying she was fully clothed....

If that is the case... Does this also prove that Dr Vincent Tabak could NOT have been involved:

Offline [...]

Re: The Earlier Reports Made about the case
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 02:58:51 PM »
I think when you look at the earlier Police Press conferences... even if they do not give loads of information or detail.. They are probably the more acurate as to what is and has happened on a daily basis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8noQpXm0HQU

I want to try and understand how they went from this:

Avon and Somerset Police Conference: Police Announce death of Joanna:

They are taking questions: At 7:13 mins

DATED 28th December 2010:

Caroline from The Daily Telegraph:

Was there any other marks on Joanna's body aside from round her neck?

The Policemans's Reply:

Nothing significant.... As I said the cause of death was a erm.. was er.a compression to the neck which was strangulation..erm and the cause of death

Caroline:

No marks on her at all?

The Policeman:
Well erm... Nothing significant

How did it go from that original STATEMENT that there were no significant injuries to joanna Yeates to:.......

Headline in the Evening standard:

Joanna Yeates suffered 43 injuries in desperate fight against strangler'
Tuesday 11 October 2011

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/joanna-yeates-suffered-43-injuries-in-desperate-fight-against-strangler-6452369.html

Offline [...]

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 07:42:38 PM »
Who was at the gate???

Chris Jefferies, 65, spotted the trio shortly after 9pm on December 17th – not long after Jo arrived home alone – as he parked his car in the street. Avon and Somerset Police yesterday confirmed it was exploring the landlord’s evidence.

Mr Jefferies said: ”Everything I am aware of I have told the police and I really don’t want to talk about it.” Another resident of 44 Canynge Road, Geoffrey Hardyman, 78, who lives the top floor flat, said: ”He saw people coming out after dark as he was parking his car.

”I don’t think he was really paying any attention but just assumed they were from flat 1 – Joanna’s flat. ”He didn’t know if they were male or female. It was after about 9pm and he thought they must have been her with friends, or just friends of hers.”

One close neighbour said: ”The landlord of the building has said he saw Jo leaving with two people on the Friday night she disappeared.”

Another Canynge Road resident, who does not want to be named, said there had been reports of other people acting suspiciously in the area. He said: ”Somebody living in the area observed people acting suspiciously in sufficient detail on the night Jo went missing.

”They have a much clearer idea of who these people might be.”

According to this the police where aware as to the identity of the people at the gate...

Her flat is about a ten minute walk from the shop. If Mr Jefferies’ evidence is correct, it would mean Jo left her flat with the two mysterious people within ten minutes of arriving home. Jo’s body was found three miles away in Longwood Lane, Failand, at 9am on Christmas Day. She had been strangled.

http://swns.com/news/jo-yeates-landlord-claims-she-left-her-flat-with-two-mysterious-people-on-the-night-she-dissapeared-12707/

Offline [...]

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 07:55:15 PM »
What happened to the piece of CRUCIAL NEW EVIDENCE?????

COPS hunting the killer of Joanna Yeates have ordered forensic tests on a
piece of crucial new evidence.

Sources said an item handed into police in recent days is “highly significant”.

The find, which has been sent for DNA analysis, is NOT Jo’s missing
sock.

Cops refused to say whether it was the missing pizza she bought on December
17, the night she vanished in Bristol, or its container.

Soil and pollen tests are also expected to be carried out within the next 48
hours.

That suggests the item may have been dropped by the killer as Jo’s body was
dumped.

A police source said: “The results could bring detectives closer to finding
her murderer.

Did it just disappear into thin air.... it never came to trial... so what was it?????

Article dated 11th January 2011
https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/300493/jo-crucial-clue-found/

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 08:19:35 PM »
What happened to the piece of CRUCIAL NEW EVIDENCE?????

Did it just disappear into thin air.... it never came to trial... so what was it?????

Article dated 11th January 2011
https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/300493/jo-crucial-clue-found/

I have always wondered about this.

And, as you say, it didn't come to trial, so I assume it wasn't Vincent Tabak's credit card----------------

Now, that would, at least, have been what I would call good evidence!!

Offline [...]

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 12:18:10 PM »
I think i'm going with leonora on this one:...

The missing persons case of Joanna Yeates was NEVER a missing person case (IMO)

Operation Braid was dealt like a Murder case from the begining no matter how they dress it up...

They knew what she was last seen wearing, yet they never gave a description of the clothing she was last seen in, as I believe that they were at home, because Greg was busy trying to work out what she had worn!!

Maybe this is the reason that Greg talks of Joanna Yeates in the past tense in his one and only media interview... They are conducting there searches as if she is dead!!!!

How many times do they need to have access to the flats at Canygne Road if she is just Missing???? Check once then you know she is not there.... but they didn't,, they came back time and again before she was even found!!!

No time elapsed to see whether or not she would turn up for work on Monday... ordinarily Police give it HOURS before a search even takes place.... Think about it... how many missing people do we have every day???

Plenty, and the police do not start naming an Operation in regards to finding this adult who could have freely left her home...

Think of all the recent NHS Junior doctors who have gone missing and the searches have already been called off... So why this case??????? What made them believe that foul play had ensued???  And what made them start an investigation that would cost millions of pounds without any proof that she was dead????

What was in that flat???? there was something about that flat that made them look at this investigation in a different way to any other...  If she had been a child i could understand the urgency... But not a full grown adult with a mind of her own!!

Offline Leonora

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 04:57:07 PM »
It was only after the trial that we learnt from Lindsay Lennen's interviews that her company had carried out forensic examinations of Joanna's flat and her bedding well before her body was found. That is another indication that they suspected she was dead. Did they already KNOW she was dead?

Publicly eliminating Greg Reardon within three days of his reporting her missing suggests that the police already knew a great deal more than has ever been revealed, unless it was just one of their many lies intended to lay a smokescreen. If the police genuinely knew so early on that he was blameless, then they must also have known at the same time who was responsoble. In that case, arresting the innocent landlord made no sense at all - unless that too was a diversionary measure. Nor did waiting so long to arrest Vincent Tabak make any sense.

This is a paradox that those on this forum who refuse to concede even that Vincent Tabak might have been wrongly convicted have singularly failed even to talk about.

I am confident that the police had a great deal going on during that first week that we know nothing at all about - include suspecting persons quite unknown to us. In the meantime, Christopher Jefferies is still "at large", publicising how incompetent the police of Avon & Somerset were. If the police have nothing to hide, then it really is in their interest to open up about this paradox to the eager makers of TV documentaries.

Until the police do this, I for one will go on suspecting a really big conspiracy and cover-up. And Greg Reardon would do himself no harm by revealing publicly exactly how it was detectives eliminated him so quickly.

Offline John

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 05:14:55 PM »
It was only after the trial that we learnt from Lindsay Lennen's interviews that her company had carried out forensic examinations of Joanna's flat and her bedding well before her body was found. That is another indication that they suspected she was dead. Did they already KNOW she was dead?

Publicly eliminating Greg Reardon within three days of his reporting her missing suggests that the police already knew a great deal more than has ever been revealed, unless it was just one of their many lies intended to lay a smokescreen. If the police genuinely knew so early on that he was blameless, then they must also have known at the same time who was responsoble. In that case, arresting the innocent landlord made no sense at all - unless that too was a diversionary measure. Nor did waiting so long to arrest Vincent Tabak make any sense.

This is a paradox that those on this forum who refuse to concede even that Vincent Tabak might have been wrongly convicted have singularly failed even to talk about.

I am confident that the police had a great deal going on during that first week that we know nothing at all about - include suspecting persons quite unknown to us. In the meantime, Christopher Jefferies is still "at large", publicising how incompetent the police of Avon & Somerset were. If the police have nothing to hide, then it really is in their interest to open up about this paradox to the eager makers of TV documentaries.

Until the police do this, I for one will go on suspecting a really big conspiracy and cover-up. And Greg Reardon would do himself no harm by revealing publicly exactly how it was detectives eliminated him so quickly.

I can assure you that you cannot believe a word that police state when interviewed in the early stages of an investigation.  They withhold facts for a very good reason which I have dealt with previously on another thread.  The term fully clothed doesn't mean anything so please don't infer it does. The only person who can be relied upon to accurately report on how she was dressed was the dog walker who found her.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 08:24:27 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline [...]

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 05:18:03 PM »

Yes, indeed leonora...

Where did Greg stay???   

Because if she was a missing person, you would have thought he would have stayed at the flat waiting on her possible return... you just wouldn't want to leave it just incase, she phoned or returned!!!!

Same with the parents... where did they stay... I had assumed they were all at the flat but they can't have been!!!

Offline [...]

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 05:19:33 PM »
I can assure you that you cannot believe a word that police state when interviewed in the early stages of an investigation.  They withhold facts for a very good reason which I have dealt with previously on another thread.  The term fully clothed doesn't mean anything so please don't infer it does. The only person who can be relied upon to accurately report on how she was dressed was the dog walker who found her.

And the Police who were there when she was discovered, and at this point they should know if her clothing differed from what she had worn to work on the Friday 17th December 2010!

Offline [...]

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 05:40:50 PM »
I was re watching The Judge Rinder Program about The Joanna Yeates Case looking for the ear-ring comment, because I couldn't remember where I first found it.... Anyway I came across parts of interviews with her parents:

At 7:45 on the video ..

he expected Jo to be there and expected the house to be in a certain state.. And Jo wasn't there and the house wasn't in the state he expected

Now there's always been difficulty pin pointing what the flat looked like when Greg returned from Sheffield...

But then Theresa goes on to say:.. At 10:50 on the video

There was no washing up that had been done... it was very untidy

Seems minor.... But we now know Greg didn't wash up when he returned... I cannot imagine Joanna Yeates mother doing the washing when she arrived at the flat after believing her daughter has been abducted...

Question:.. Where are the photographs of the washing up that was needing to be done in the kitchen in any of the crime scene photographs?????

Because we only ever see a pristine crime scene (picture attached)...  Where's the washing up in the picture below????

Remember when the flat was shown to the Jury they said it was a TIME CAPSULE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ3GuwcEU6c&t=439s

Offline Leonora

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 08:19:24 PM »
If no credibility at all could be attached to the information imparted by police in press conferences, then no journalist would bother to turn up and no reader would bother to read what was reported. I do not dispute that the police can be expected to withhold significant facts, for the very reasons that you posted before. I don't dispute that they are justified in telling some lies, for the same reasons. However, in this case the police undoubtedly told more lies than are normal.

In a state based on the rule of law, the police ultimately have a very important, fundamental and acknowledged obligation to tell the truth at the end of the day and to act transparently.

In any case, my post to which you responded was not about the state of Joanna's body at all. It was primarily about the elimination of one potential suspect and the arrest and release of another. In my post, I explained why the police behaved anomalously, regardless of their intermediate need to mislead the public.

Since you mention the dog-walkers, however, I would like to mention that their evidence remains hearsay, since neither of them testified in person. The man's witness statement was read out by a junior barrister, who may have omitted to read the whole statement, since it didn't describe such crucial facts as where the dog-walkers had parked their car, where they found the body, what clothes they could see on her, nor the posture the body was lying in.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:52:56 PM by John »

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 10:27:01 PM »
If no credibility at all could be attached to the information imparted by police in press conferences, then no journalist would bother to turn up and no reader would bother to read what was reported. I do not dispute that the police can be expected to withhold significant facts, for the very reasons that you posted before. I don't dispute that they are justified in telling some lies, for the same reasons. However, in this case the police undoubtedly told more lies than are normal.

In a state based on the rule of law, the police ultimately have a very important, fundamental and acknowledged obligation to tell the truth at the end of the day and to act transparently.

In any case, my post to which you responded was not about the state of Joanna's body at all. It was primarily about the elimination of one potential suspect and the arrest and release of another. In my post, I explained why the police behaved anomalously, regardless of their intermediate need to mislead the public.

Since you mention the dog-walkers, however, I would like to mention that their evidence remains hearsay, since neither of them testified in person. The man's witness statement was read out by a junior barrister, who may have omitted to read the whole statement, since it didn't describe such crucial facts as where the dog-walkers had parked their car, where they found the body, what clothes they could see on her, nor the posture the body was lying in.

Amazing that the dog walkers did not testify in person, when they had so much vital information. On the other hand, a Catholic priest, walking his dog,  who would not have known Jo (since she wasn't a Catholic, and had only lived in the area for a few weeks) testified in person that the young lady he met must have been her.

Offline Leonora

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 08:42:23 AM »
Yes, indeed leonora...

Where did Greg stay???   

Because if she was a missing person, you would have thought he would have stayed at the flat waiting on her possible return... you just wouldn't want to leave it just incase, she phoned or returned!!!!

Same with the parents... where did they stay... I had assumed they were all at the flat but they can't have been!!!
"Yesterday, the day after he sobbed at a press conference appealing for her safe return, he was staying with her parents at their home in Ampfield, Hampshire."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340586/Boyfriend-missing-architect-Jo-Yeates-sobs-I-want-Christmas.html

Offline [...]

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2017, 06:02:39 PM »
Does anyone have a link to the report early on that there was a van or car blocking access on Canygne Road on that Friday evening???

I'm sure I read someone called the police about the van... was that on the night or after??? I thought it was on the night..