Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240825 times)

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #705 on: April 23, 2017, 10:46:35 AM »
I cannot imagine that Jeremy Corbyn stands any chance of winning on 8th June.

However, he could well do better than we think.  His supporters, whatever we may think of them, are enthusiastic and will  use their votes, many people who always vote Labour will still vote Labour , and he will have support among at least some of the people desperately trying to make ends meet in depressed areas of the country.

On the other hand, many people who normally vote Conservative may not bother to turn out, believing that a Conservative victory with a decent majority is a foregone conclusion. We have had an election in the last two years, followed by a referendum. Many people are not interested in politics, and will have had enough.

I keep hearing that Corbyn will be a disaster for the economy. I don't know if they are right, as I am no economist,  but for many people, the economy is not the most important issue. Jobs, the NHS and social care are.

Offline steve_trousers

« Reply #706 on: April 26, 2017, 08:01:35 PM »
Hi all, my 2 pence is Mr Corbyn comes across as a nice man with many qualities, well intentioned etc however he and his party will be disastrous for this country. I think over the next 6 weeks of campaigning, when the undecided voters actually see what they're getting, the conservative landslide will be even greater than current polling indicates.

For example his lunatic policy to scrap trident at a time when the world is more belligerent than ever and laying off loyal Scots. The lunacy of a boycott of Israel which will only hurt the Palestinian people they are naively trying to help. His populist social reforms that require an increase in taxes on the rich which are proven over time to actually have the opposite effect of decreasing the tax intake.
Then there's the disarray in his party over brexit. Or how about the shadow cabinet after all those resignations. Diane Abbott as home secretary anyone ? Emily Thornberry as foreign secretary ? hmmmm....

Labour are going to be crushed and those that can't bear to vote tory will end up voting liberal or some minor party like that if they can be bothered at all.

Offline John

« Reply #707 on: April 26, 2017, 08:18:09 PM »
Hi all, my 2 pence is Mr Corbyn comes across as a nice man with many qualities, well intentioned etc however he and his party will be disastrous for this country. I think over the next 6 weeks of campaigning, when the undecided voters actually see what they're getting, the conservative landslide will be even greater than current polling indicates.

For example his lunatic policy to scrap trident at a time when the world is more belligerent than ever and laying off loyal Scots. The lunacy of a boycott of Israel which will only hurt the Palestinian people they are naively trying to help. His populist social reforms that require an increase in taxes on the rich which are proven over time to actually have the opposite effect of decreasing the tax intake.
Then there's the disarray in his party over brexit. Or how about the shadow cabinet after all those resignations. Diane Abbott as home secretary anyone ? Emily Thornberry as foreign secretary ? hmmmm....

Labour are going to be crushed and those that can't bear to vote tory will end up voting liberal or some minor party like that if they can be bothered at all.

I think traditional Labour voters feel betrayed by Jeremy Corbyn so probably will abstain as you suggest. I can't see the Lib Dems or UKIP picking up much to be honest.  A definite Tory landslide is on the cards by the looks of it.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #708 on: April 26, 2017, 10:25:55 PM »
I think traditional Labour voters feel betrayed by Jeremy Corbyn so probably will abstain as you suggest. I can't see the Lib Dems or UKIP picking up much to be honest.  A definite Tory landslide is on the cards by the looks of it.

Yep! They never saw that one coming and if she pulls it off Labour,LibDem, UKIP and SNP are dead ducks for the next 5 years. Unless you believe Ms Sturgeon has enough support to repeat her incredible last time out performance.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #709 on: April 27, 2017, 08:08:19 AM »
Boris described Jeremy as a  "mutton-headed, old mugwump".  Can't stand Boris but he's quite astute in his observations on this subject.  @)(++(*

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #710 on: April 27, 2017, 01:33:56 PM »
If Mrs May is returned with a landslide Boris will be for the high jump.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #711 on: April 28, 2017, 09:26:50 PM »
If Mrs May is returned with a landslide Boris will be for the high jump.

Yes I think so too. Mrs May once called the Tory Party the nasty party and she should know that from knowing the inner workings and the back stabbers. of which they are a plenty in ALL party politics. She sure will shut up the bemoaners if she wins landslide AND wave her mandate from the people to carry on brexiting... I am atching the French to see if they are next to leave.

Tricky nicky is so hell bent on independance she has mis read  the Scottish public mood. I cannot understand why she is 'fighting' for independance from UK but happy to have no say in the EU, well one vote worth nothing- and I can guarantee the ignoramouses who'run' the councils and NHS will force through as law every dictat sent... 40 thouand per day or something lol.  So Nicky is asking who do you want to rule you, I hope she get the same answer!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #712 on: April 28, 2017, 11:32:33 PM »

Quite possibly!!

I would imagine, however, that many people in Labour held constituencies might still vote Labour, if they like their own MP,  despite Corbyn.   I can also imagine the Lib Dems gaining from people who are disillusioned with Labour---traditional Labour voters are not going to find it easy to vote Conservative, although, as you suggest, many just wont bother voting.  Is there still any point in voting UKIP, now that we are definitely "Brexiting"? 

Offline John

« Reply #713 on: April 28, 2017, 11:53:53 PM »
Quite possibly!!

I would imagine, however, that many people in Labour held constituencies might still vote Labour, if they like their own MP,  despite Corbyn.   I can also imagine the Lib Dems gaining from people who are disillusioned with Labour---traditional Labour voters are not going to find it easy to vote Conservative, although, as you suggest, many just wont bother voting.  Is there still any point in voting UKIP, now that we are definitely "Brexiting"?

I think UKIP have had their day and have been destroyed by their ownn success.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #714 on: April 30, 2017, 11:56:55 PM »
I think UKIP have had their day and have been destroyed by their ownn success.

I almost agree there John.  It is dire that we do not have a proper democracy! I will be voting on policy not personality or looks , but I have to say If an Independent is on  the list they are getting my vote.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline puglove

« Reply #715 on: May 02, 2017, 11:27:28 PM »
Oh dear god. Diane Abbott today. I have ACTUALLY weed my pants!

@)(++(*
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

stephen25000

« Reply #716 on: May 07, 2017, 10:52:45 AM »
Watched Corbyn this morning on the box.

His delusion knows no bounds.

Alfie

« Reply #717 on: May 08, 2017, 05:40:23 PM »
There's a serious possibility of this idiot not resigning after taking his party to its worst defeat at the polls in decades....  8(8-))

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #718 on: May 10, 2017, 04:17:55 PM »
There's a serious possibility of this idiot not resigning after taking his party to its worst defeat at the polls in decades....  8(8-))

Decent opposition is always good for democarcy so I would like to see someone electable take over from the unelectable JC eg Keir Starmer.  Hopefully this will happen shortly after 8th June when the Tories win with a thumping majority!

Meanwhile for the next 5 years we can rely upon the able and delightful Mays to see us through Brexit and beyond  ?{)(**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S99-3C16SA
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #719 on: May 10, 2017, 09:48:08 PM »
Decent opposition is always good for democarcy so I would like to see someone electable take over from the unelectable JC eg Keir Starmer.  Hopefully this will happen shortly after 8th June when the Tories win with a thumping majority!

Meanwhile for the next 5 years we can rely upon the able and delightful Mays to see us through Brexit and beyond  ?{)(**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S99-3C16SA

In 1983(?) Michael Foot had a landslide against him. Upon Mr Foot's resignation the Labour Party voted in Neil Kinnock who went on to become the UK's longest ever serving leader of the opposition !?. Smooth move...so it could be worse than it is now, indeed it was.