Author Topic: Has interest in the Maddie McCann case finally petered out?  (Read 6195 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Has interest in the Maddie McCann case finally petered out?
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2019, 05:57:22 PM »
Gerry was gone a LONG TIME! A reconstruction would have ruined him.
Please don’t be silly.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2019, 05:59:11 PM »
&%%6

Jane mentioned in a 'hypothetical' statement?

Cobblers!

Jane's statement is real.

The photo of the TV is real.

Perhaps the truth hurts, but in this instance I cannot for the life of me see why.

*%87
Is it possible to make a statement containing a hypothesis or not? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2019, 07:27:36 PM »
Please don’t be silly.

He has nearly 10 minutes unaccounted for before Jane saw him and Jez. That's why Jane said he had been gone a long time and Kate was talking about football probably being the reason. This was said at the table before Jane left it. His statement does not add up!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2019, 07:58:44 PM »
He has nearly 10 minutes unaccounted for before Jane saw him and Jez. That's why Jane said he had been gone a long time and Kate was talking about football probably being the reason. This was said at the table before Jane left it. His statement does not add up!
Please stop posting opinion as fact.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2019, 08:08:02 PM »
How long had Gerry been talking to Jez by the time Jane saw him?  What time did Jane see him?  What time did he leave the table?  Supply exact times with proof please.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2019, 09:53:27 PM »
Matt told you what time he left. Matt returned at 9pm and then he said Gerry left to check which he thought was odd. Even a friend thought it was odd after he had just checked! Jane left at 9:10pm so do the maths. LP investigated Jez and he said 3 minutes chat - they could not have been chatting long before Jane saw them.

"The conversation with Gerry lasted for about three minutes." http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY_BRIGET.htm
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 10:00:24 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2019, 10:06:59 PM »
Matt told you what time he left. Matt returned at 9pm and then he said Gerry left to check which he thought was odd. Even a friend thought it was odd after he had just checked! Jane left at 9:10pm so do the maths. LP investigated Jez and he said 3 minutes chat - they could not have been chatting long before Jane saw them.

"The conversation with Gerry lasted for about three minutes." http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY_BRIGET.htm
I’m askng you to do the maths, kindly do so.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2019, 12:47:05 AM »

If you figure in that Diane Webster categorically denied seeing Oldfield, in my opinion this part of the timeline is rife with anomalies.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 01:07:28 AM by Brietta »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2019, 01:14:24 AM »
If you figure in that Diane Webster categorically denied seeing Oldfield, in my opinion this part of the timeline is rife with anomalies.
In a later interview Dianne admits to seeing Matt.    I agree "this part of the timeline is rife with anomalies".
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2019, 01:36:12 AM »
In a later interview Dianne admits to seeing Matt.    I agree "this part of the timeline is rife with anomalies".

From Diane Webster’s May 11th statement.

‘- Asked directly if someone had gone to her apartment to call them (herself and the PAYNE couple) for dinner the witness said no.
- Asked if there was the possibility of having crossed paths with someone during the journey between her apartment and restaurant, the witness said no.
- That night she judges to have arrived at the restaurant close to 21:00, in the company of the PAYNE couple.
- That, at that time, the whole group were at the restaurant. The witness did not recall, but thinks that perhaps Gerald and MATT had not been in the restaurant along with the other members of the group.
- In this regard, asked specifically whether, on the journey to the restaurant, if they had passed either of the two individuals described in the preceding paragraph, she answered categorically not. ‘

So Diane thinks Gerry was not at the table at around 9, which backs up my suspicion that Jez’s chat with Gerry was earlier than he claimed.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2019, 02:06:45 AM »
From Diane Webster’s May 11th statement.

‘- Asked directly if someone had gone to her apartment to call them (herself and the PAYNE couple) for dinner the witness said no.
- Asked if there was the possibility of having crossed paths with someone during the journey between her apartment and restaurant, the witness said no.
- That night she judges to have arrived at the restaurant close to 21:00, in the company of the PAYNE couple.
- That, at that time, the whole group were at the restaurant. The witness did not recall, but thinks that perhaps Gerald and MATT had not been in the restaurant along with the other members of the group.
- In this regard, asked specifically whether, on the journey to the restaurant, if they had passed either of the two individuals described in the preceding paragraph, she answered categorically not. ‘

So Diane thinks Gerry was not at the table at around 9, which backs up my suspicion that Jez’s chat with Gerry was earlier than he claimed.
]She is unreliable all round IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2019, 06:51:19 AM »
Which witness statement is and why?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2019, 04:36:30 PM »

I think it is a bit unfair to say she is unreliable.  She had been caught up in the most shattering of events which must have knocked her for six both at the time and subsequently.
She just told it truthfully and as she saw it.
I think it is terribly unfair that so many years after the event people are still forensically dissecting these witness statements as if they mean anything other than a snapshot of the time and pivotal events in 2007.

Everything else has moved so far beyond that now and anyone who says it hasn't is going to have to explain exactly why not and what they think Scotland Yard and the Judicial police have been investigating for the past few years.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2019, 06:01:51 PM »
I think it is a bit unfair to say she is unreliable.  She had been caught up in the most shattering of events which must have knocked her for six both at the time and subsequently.
She just told it truthfully and as she saw it.
I think it is terribly unfair that so many years after the event people are still forensically dissecting these witness statements as if they mean anything other than a snapshot of the time and pivotal events in 2007.

Everything else rhas moved so far beyond that now and anyone who says it hasn't is going to have to explain exactly why not and what they think Scotland Yard and the Judicial police have been investigating for the past few years.

The parents own PIs called Tanner unreliable. From the McCanns and the Conman.

rator: The public has never been told how the investigation was conducted but the files reveal that one of the key witnesses was secretly recorded - Jane Tanner, the woman who had seen a man carrying a child away on the night of the 3rd of May.

Tim Craig-Harvey: We had a device in the room which would pick up what she was saying, and then that conversation was recorded in another room.

Narrator: Kevin Halligen and a colleague conducted the interview. They began by checking details of one of her witness statements.

(Recording of Tanner Interview)

Tim Craig-Harvey: She was then presented with a photograph of this guy George in the market at which point she broke down and said “That is the guy that I saw carrying the child”. This was a pretty strong indication that the guy who had been seen in Portugal, had an integral role in the disappearance of Madeleine. It was extraordinary to be in the room next door on my own, listening to the conversation, and to be part of her reaction.

Narrator: In the search for Madeleine this was possibly the biggest breakthrough anyone had made. …… But when voice analyst Richard Parton heard the recording, doubts crept in.

Richard Parton: Everyone wants to find this guy - don't get me wrong. Everyone wants to find him, but the more she had to describe him, the more inaccurate she became. From the witness statements I had processed before, there was nothing indicating that he was involved - nothing at all. I think the most exciting thing about finding him was that we could finally rule it out.

Narrator: Despite the serious doubts, the files revealed surveillance was continued on the market trader for the next three months, but he was eventually eliminated from all enquiries.

Tim Craig-Harvey: My understanding is that it was felt that she wasn't as credible a witness as we had hoped. Witnesses will give evidence thinking that that is what they saw or understood at the time which is quite often inaccurate. And so Jane Tanner having said “This is the guy that I saw”, it may just have been that she so wanted to help that she fooled herself.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2019, 06:42:49 PM »
Which witness statement is and why?
It is an opinion.  I'm not presenting that opinion as fact.  But from my reading of her statements I felt she knew more than she let on.  I'll take a guess IMO there are at least 10 situations existing where her words were chosen.
Moderation