Author Topic: Luke Mitchell Theories  (Read 96044 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Luke Mitchell Theories
« Reply #345 on: December 18, 2019, 11:14:05 PM »
10th January 2017 - Sandra Lean stated here: http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8086.msg382961.html#msg382961
“Ah, good, I was hoping this would come around again. Stephanie thinks I was “blatantly avoiding” her questions. In fact, the thread had spiralled off in several different directions – I was just waiting until my response made logical sense. So, not hiding anything either.

Stephanie also thinks No Smoke should have been withdrawn or revised. I understand Stephanie’s right to feel that way. While she is also entitled to ask questions, I am under no obligation to answer them. However, on this occasion, I choose to address a couple of matters raised by Stephanie for the benefit of others who may be interested.

I spoke with many people (including others whose cases were mentioned or discussed) about the question of withdrawing the book. Not one of them wanted the book withdrawn. There were discussions about possible revisions which would, of necessity, have taken a great deal of time and effort - time and effort that I was not capable of devoting to the matter at that time.

When I revise No Smoke, the quote I posted earlier, give or take, will be the revision for Simon's case. Take it or leave it!

Sandra Lean:
Media wars are not my thing. Misinformation is not my thing.”

A campaigner fighting to overturn a high-profile murder conviction has accused MOJO of betraying potential miscarriages of justice victims.

Dr Sandra Lean said it was "really exciting" when MOJO asked to get involved with Luke Mitchell case two years ago.

Mitchell was jailed for the 2003 murder of Jodi Jones, 14, but continues to protest his innocence.

Lean said: "It was really exciting news. It looked like the case was getting picked up again, it looked like there was going to be some real progress here."

However, last month Mitchell's mother Corinne blasted MOJO for "doing nothing" since taking on her son's case and recovered his case files from their office.

Lean told STV News: "Part of the problem was the promises being made were not being kept. The case review itself was something of a farce. There was no central strategy. There was no planned route to how this review was going to take place.

"The idea of having the Luke Mitchell case, this huge case on their books, was good publicity for them."

The campaigners say that the alleged failings may have harmed Mitchell's case.

Lean added: "I was going to say it's a disaster but if they're not doing the work, they're giving false hope to people and that, in the circumstances these people are in, that it shocking, that is dreadful.

"I believe that some real damage has been done. There are a couple of things that should have been acted on very quickly, that were not and in spite of a number of promptings, a number of questions, a number of attempts to get something done, there just didn't seem to be the will to do what needed doing and some of that now means that routes forward that should have been available may no longer be available."

In response, McIlvride said: "We are aware of the criticism recently levelled at us by Mrs Corrine Mitchell.

"We do not consider it justified, but would not propose to rehearse the arguments in the context of what is, essentially, an unwarranted attack on myself, and, worse, the charity, by parties who are motivated to do us harm."

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1439054-miscarriages-of-justice-charity-stripped-of-lottery-funding/

MOJO - An Update 26th August 2019 BY EUAN MCILVRIDE
”Following on recent media publicity concerning the Organisation, the effect of which has been to cause significant unnecessary anxiety to our service users and supporters, we provide the following update.

At our own instigation, necessary improvements to our compliance and governance arrangements were introduced by MOJO in April and May of this year.   As we are a registered charity these were properly reported to the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator, by ourselves, at the time.

The recent publicity followed on allegations of impropriety in our revised governance arrangements, subsequently made to  OSCR, and to the Scottish Government, by a now ex-director of MOJO and others associated with him.   Similar allegations were made, by the same parties, to our funders and potential funders which resulted in the withdrawal of some recently agreed financial support.

OSCR rightly reviewed these allegations and we fully cooperated with their enquiries. OSCR has confirmed that there are no matters of regulatory concern.   

Our funding from the Scottish Government remains in place and we are now working to restore the funding recently lost because of these allegations, as we are determined to expand and improve the aftercare service we provide to our vulnerable and deserving clients.

It is a matter of deep regret to us that needless anxiety and uncertainty has been caused to those who matter most – the clients whom we serve.   Throughout this difficult time we have continued to provide our usual services, and we will continue to do so.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind support throughout this period.   We are grateful.

https://mojoscotland.org/mojo-an-update/?fbclid=IwAR1uTjbKeUOt0LtLOIFJZcjBAUnPBYLo4C_Ixhd5TT00-DB-Mc4cisVmVtQ
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 11:16:33 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #346 on: March 08, 2020, 02:31:20 AM »
This thread is very interesting and without repeating too much what others have already said, I would like to add that the number of 'eyebrow raising' coincidences about Luke Mitchell, none of which had believable explanations was astounding. He must certainly be the unluckiest person on the planet if he's innocent.

Firstly, the speaking clock hogwash. The last time I phoned this was in 1978 and I didn't even know it still existed until this case. Regardless, claiming to have phoned the speaking clock when you are in a house when the exact time can be seen on laptops, clocks and TV news channels is laughable. Not only that, WHO phones speaking clocks in the middle of cooking? Right, I better watch these pies don't burn and make sure the spuds aren't too hard......oh wait I better phone the speaking clock!! It has been claimed by S.Lean that LM phoned this speaking clock habitually.......there was NO EVIDENCE provided in Court of previous calls to this, none, zero, nada. Thus it would not be unreasonable to assume he was NOT in the habit of phoning it. This alibi of 'being at home cooking dinner' also sounds laughable. It doesn't even sound credible, it sounds like the worst excuse you could make up for not being outdoors. That's why Shane changed his statement, he was told to invent the 'cooking dinner' fable by Corrine. A load of utter HOGWASH. The reason LM phoned the speaking clock could be deduced by an 8 year old.......... he  was OUTDOORS and in a place where there were no clocks, shops or people where he could check the time. He was in the woods and needed to know exactly when Jodi would arrive.

Now, onto what makes LM the unluckiest man on the planet.........the odds of all these having an innocent explanation would be into millions.

1. Jodi went missing and was killed when she was on the way to meet HIM, not when she was going anywhere else. Isn't that strange.
2. Mitchell owned a knife but after the murder, his knife 'just happened' to be MISSING.
3. Mitchell made no attempt to find out where Jodi was the whole night after she apparently failed to appear, despite the fact he KNEW she was not allowed to walk up that path alone. That factor proves those who say 'oh he was 14 and maybe didn't bother' are just deluding themselves.
4. The 2 young people seen at the Easthouses end of the path were Mitchell and Jodi. To suggest the Police would not have traced those 2 if it was NOT them, in a town with a population half the size of Castlemilk in Glasgow is laughable. More so after 16 years, they still haven't been traced.
5. Any criminologist would state that due to the nature of this murder, the perpetrator would be highly likely to strike again. There's been no similar murders in that area or even in Scotland since this one. How coincidental. Remember the Bible John murders stopped for 18 months? They stopped at the same time Peter Tobin was in jail. Mitchell has been in jail for 16 years which is why no similar murders have occurred (obvious).
6. Mitchell told a witness 'Jodi would not be coming out tonight' after the time of the murder, despite not apparently knowing where she was.
7. A discarded knife was found years later not too far from where the murder was which had the name 'Luke' inscribed on it. What a strange coincidence that the only knife found up until then just happened to have that not particularly common name on it.
8. Mitchell's knife pouch had 666 scrawled on it with that message about Jodi. That in itself speaks volumes.
9. Corrine bought him another knife (despite being a suspect) to replace the missing one.
10. Corrine assisted him to attend a tattoo parlour knowing he had fake ID and was under age, to have a Satanic tattoo done, a skull with flames shooting out of it. She also pointed to it and said.....'that's him' !!
11. A paramedic who attended the murder scene stated in Court that Mitchell was the only person present who was not upset. He was sitting texting on his phone looking perfectly calm.
12. Mitchell has never shown any emotion in 16 years, not even a shout on the way in and out of Court proclaiming he's innocent.
13. He was described by one Appeal Judge as 'an unsympathetic individual'. Assumably because he's sat there looking unperturbed or unfazed every time and never expressed an ounce of emotion.
14. Mitchell demanded Satanic books be sent to him in Shotts Prison in 2014.

I've read SL's book and yes there were issues with the Police investigation, but the amount of circumstantial evidence against Mitchell is overwhelming. That's why a 6 week trial took a Jury only a few hours to reach a verdict. I would also like to vote the alibi of 'at home cooking dinner' as the cheesiest most laughable pile of hogwash ever produced for an alibi. It's the sort of excuse that would produce raucous laughter at a stage show. Woeful attempt.

All of the above points to 1 thing only, which is why all appeals were refused.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 02:36:55 AM by William Wallace »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #347 on: February 24, 2021, 11:36:55 AM »
Sandra Lean today claims here: http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,9986.msg456210.html#msg456210
I made a mistake 12 years ago - I've put my hands up to that, I've withdrawn the book and I've publicly apologised.”

Is the “mistake 12 years ago” to which she refers to above in relation to having written Stephen Kelly as opposed to Leonard Kelly?

Excerpt from No Smoke by Sandra Lean
Several witnesses were identified as having been on the path at the critical time that evening. In total there were a minimum of five – John [Name removed], Gordon [Name removed], his father, David [Name removed], Stephen Kelly, a witness who claimed to have heard a disturbance behind the wall, and the "mystery man" seen following Jodi onto the path.
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,9986.msg456199.html#msg456199

Sandra Lean claims here:http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,9986.msg456199.html#msg456199
I apologise for any confusion - No Smoke was published more than 12 years ago, before I had access to all of the case papers and I haven't read it/referenced it for many years. The book was based largely on court transcripts, which were all I had at the time. I've contacted the publisher today to ask for the book to be withdrawn.

The reference to Stephen Kelly is clearly a typo, since the sentence goes on to describe him as "a witness who claimed to have heard a disturbance behind the wall."
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,9986.msg456199.html#msg456199

The book was based largely on court transcripts, which were all I had at the time.”

Sandra Lean is a liar and fraud

2010THE MOTHER of Luke Mitchell is involved in an internet campaign blaming another man for Jodi Jones’ murder.
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2010/06/20/mitchells-mum-points-finger-at-another-man-for-jodi-killing/
‘They claim on an internet forum that DNA evidence links the man with the brutal 2003 stabbing.

And the man in question said he was aware of the claims against him.

He said: “I know what these people are saying about me.

“I will deal with this in my own time.”

Luke Mitchell, 22, was convicted of the murder of his 14-year-old girlfriend in 2005.

But his mum recently posted on an internet forum that evidence points to someone else.

She wrote: X’s semen and blood were on Jodi’s T-shirt…his description and clothing matched a witness statement of a male ‘following Jodi’…he was known to the police.

“Is it me or is anyone else adding things up here?

Description of man seen behind Jodi – grey hooded top.

“Several days after the murder X hands his grey hooded top to the police saying it has been washed.

“At 5pm X’s alibi is Janine (Jodi’s sister).

“The police accepted that Janine said, ‘he was with me’ and from him ‘ I was with her’.”

And Sandra Lean, author and researcher on miscarriages of justice, added: “Our Mr X is emerging as more and more suspicious.

The info that’s coming our way is shocking, especially as the police should have been onto this stuff right from the beginning.”

The police were on it right from the beginning Sandra - you weren’t!

I recall the above and I also recall communicating with a distressed Judy Jones around this time
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 12:17:07 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #348 on: February 24, 2021, 12:19:57 PM »
Sandra Lean
’The claim is that footage of him in a shop in Dalkeith at almost 10pm that night "cleared" him - how so? It's almost 5 hours after Jodi was supposed to have been murdered.
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,10523.msg488455.html#msg488455

Suspect it confirms MK didn’t have scratches on his face

The case files show that Scott Forbes brought MK to police attention within the first week of the investigation. Other statements confirm what he says about MK's appearance and behaviour the day after the murder.

I take it you are aware Corrine Mitchell told James English it was ‘a few nights after the murder’ when Scott Forbes allegedly saw MK ?

Around 58.50 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ysPeri0O4

James English: Were there any other major suspects

Corrine Mitchell: for a while there was a Mark Kane. Now Mark Kane was a student in Newbattle Abbey college. When you see photos of Mark Kane and you see Luke you’re like woah haha identical twins they could be mistaken for each other now Mark Kane has a magical parker
And - on the - a few night after the murder he went to another guys house and he had scratches all over his face - and the guy went ugh what happened to your face Mark - he gave three different accounts of how he scratched his face - now there’s only one account and that’s the truth
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 12:50:40 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #349 on: February 24, 2021, 12:53:52 PM »

Corrine Mitchell: for a while there was a Mark Kane. Now Mark Kane was a student in Newbattle Abbey college. When you see photos of Mark Kane and you see Luke you’re like woah haha identical twins they could be mistaken for each other now Mark Kane has a magical parker
And - on the - a few night after the murder he went to another guys house and he had scratches all over his face - and the guy went ugh what happened to your face Mark - he gave three different accounts of how he scratched his face - now there’s only one account and that’s the truth

A ‘magical parker’ like Luke Mitchell’s ?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 07:01:07 PM by John »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #350 on: February 24, 2021, 01:06:10 PM »

Telling

And James English appeared to pick up on it also

Criminologist Dr Sandra Lean also spearheaded an appeal to the SCCRC in 2014, as well as delivering a 300-page dossier to the SCCRC in 2012, which included claims that a Mitchell lookalike may have confused eyewitnesses.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9287769/amp/Luke-Mitchell-jailed-killing-girlfriend-aged-14-claims-innocence-bars.html?__twitter_impression=true
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 02:23:15 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #351 on: February 24, 2021, 08:47:36 PM »
Telling

And James English appeared to pick up on it also

Criminologist Dr Sandra Lean also spearheaded an appeal to the SCCRC in 2014, as well as delivering a 300-page dossier to the SCCRC in 2012, which included claims that a Mitchell lookalike may have confused eyewitnesses.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9287769/amp/Luke-Mitchell-jailed-killing-girlfriend-aged-14-claims-innocence-bars.html?__twitter_impression=true

Seems Mr English is planning a part 4 podcast already

Offline John

« Reply #352 on: February 25, 2021, 07:07:14 PM »
It unfortunate that Mark Kane is no longer with us.  He was brave enough to come forward and explain publicly what had gone on between him and Scott Forbes prior to going to the police.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline JC2721

« Reply #353 on: February 28, 2021, 10:13:32 PM »
It unfortunate that Mark Kane is no longer with us.  He was brave enough to come forward and explain publicly what had gone on between him and Scott Forbes prior to going to the police.

When was MK first investigated? I’m struggling with this part of the timeline.

Apologies if old ground.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #354 on: February 28, 2021, 10:29:50 PM »
When was MK first investigated? I’m struggling with this part of the timeline.

Apologies if old ground.

Suspect he was ruled out early on

Think he was caught on CCTV which would have confirmed his face wasn’t scratched up like liar Scott Forbes claimed

I’m looking for Mark’s post so you can read what he said

I can’t find it at the moment but will post it here when I do

Mark Kane
Sandra Lean is a bully as well as a liar. I was one of the so called accused, not a shred of evidence against me except a statement from a man who has a severe criminal record that has since came to light. I knew all about it from the start I knew it would eventually catch up with him and Sandra Lean. Anytime I contacted her on the 'Luke Mitchell' is innocent website she got right onto her cronies and I would receive death threats over the phone, be visited n public places by he man with the long and hash criminal record who would make threats against and my family. He even went to my mothers door, she is her Sixties and disabled  just to show me she could be got at! What type of human being does such a thing? He assaulted me in full view of half a dozen people after I had left a comment on Ms.Leans web pag. All of this I reported to the police. Just to set a couple of things straight I never had big cuts on my face the day after the murder I had a tiny scratch is all, he did not drive me to the police station the day after and he never said what amount of money we would get but he did say we would get money if we spoke to the press and get a wee holiday out of it. I never wanted anything to do with it it was sick, the man bullied me. He got a holiday out of it as the daily record accidentally used his name as the suspect he got just over a grand in damages. I have never received anything for the mental anguish myself and family have been through. I think he was merely a puppet in Sandra Leans games which have now came to a head but I'm still stuck with totally untrue accusations against me and haven't even received a sorry let alone anything else. I knew about his criminal past but I never mentioned it, I never spoke to reporters, which he wanted me to. He used to make jokes about it and him and him only ever brought it up as you know it was nearly 4 years before he came forward after a falling out between us, the police didn't take him serious and he gave a high court statement Han is all lies and I have many witness that can back that up. He bullied me after he had went to the police, trying to keep me in line and watch who I spoke to but I just didn't want anything to do with it god I wasn't even sure he was telling the truth about talking to the police cause like I said he used to make jokes about it. If they haughty they were right then how come whenever I questioned Sandra lean she would get right on to him to go and do her dirty work which was harass me. I have a load of witness to prove everything he said is a lie that's why I was never worried. I just think it's shocking that a man can take half truths, 3rd hand stories and just lies then go to the police with this rubbish and before you know it my name is on the 6 o'clock news, in newspapers giving totally false information about me and iv never received any type of closure or apology or anything from the people involved. Maybe karma has just taken it's time he's been exposed for the violent criminal who done jail for armed robbery and Sandra Lean, not for the first time, is wrong. I went through hell and back because of them but I'm not going to waste my life looking for revenge I knew in time it would all come out. Here's to the innocent among us, don't let the b......s grind you down.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 11:04:17 PM by Nicholas »

TheArmchairDetective

« Reply #355 on: March 01, 2021, 11:31:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum TAD, I have edited you interesting initial post in order to comply with specific forum rules.

My own theory is that Mitchell did indeed murder Jodi in a moment of insanity and was very lucky not to have been discovered doing so. He was seen however by two women in a passing car standing looking very suspicious by the side of the main road. This location just happens to be where the public footpath leading to the spot where Jodi's body was found emerges and would be the route Mitchell would have taken had he been returning home via an off-road route to avoid being detected. There is much more to all this off course including the refusal of his older brother to vouch for his presence in the family home when the murder occurred.  Luke Mitchell claimed that he was home making tea yet his brother Shane testified that he was home alone after returning from work.  Bottom line is that they both can't be right!

Dear admin, can u please delete this thread?

Offline John

« Reply #356 on: March 01, 2021, 12:08:44 PM »
Dear admin, can u please delete this thread?

Have you changed your opinion?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #357 on: March 01, 2021, 12:14:43 PM »
All members posting on this thread are reminded to comply with the forum rules. This is a sensitive subject and comments must reflect that fact.

Please keep posts constructive and informative. Please have respect for the victim and her family.

Posts which do not adhere to these guidelines will be removed and the member suspended. 

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #358 on: March 01, 2021, 11:52:05 PM »
I've read SL's book and yes there were issues with the Police investigation, but the amount of circumstantial evidence against Mitchell is overwhelming. That's why a 6 week trial took a Jury only a few hours to reach a verdict. I would also like to vote the alibi of 'at home cooking dinner' as the cheesiest most laughable pile of hogwash ever produced for an alibi. It's the sort of excuse that would produce raucous laughter at a stage show. Woeful attempt.

All of the above points to 1 thing only, which is why all appeals were refused.

I agree

Luke Mitchell’s behaviour towards females was also a red flag

What was it his mother Corrine referred to one of his teachers as - ‘hitler in a skirt’ - yet blinded it seems by her sons behaviour which appears to have been escalating 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 11:58:41 PM by Nicholas »

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #359 on: March 03, 2021, 05:02:53 PM »
I agree

Luke Mitchell’s behaviour towards females was also a red flag

What was it his mother Corrine referred to one of his teachers as - ‘hitler in a skirt’ - yet blinded it seems by her sons behaviour which appears to have been escalating

I read Sandra's book a few years ago, but have not read much about this case recently, and my memories are somewhat dim!

Did any of Luke's teachers ever express concern about his demeanour/behaviour/learning in school?  Was he ever singled out by any teacher as being a cause for concern, does anyone know?