Author Topic: Barry George revisited.  (Read 167594 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Barry George revisited.
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2018, 05:34:14 PM »
Barry George's uncle Mike Burke said in his book, "The investigation into the disappearance of Madaleine McCann was possibly the only case to receive more attention than Dando's murder."

He goes on to say;

"I was quite annoyed when I read reports of Doctor Michael Kopelmans medical opinion of Barry.it seemed to me that Barry's inappropriate behaviour was being blamed on the overall family. I sent a protest to Jeremy Moore. In my opinion one is responsible for ones own actions. And it is a cop out to try and blame ones bad behaviour on the family

Wasn't part of George's defence based on genetics?

A further example of his exhibitionistic and obsessive mentality comes from his medical history. George attended no less than eighteen different surgeries in West London at various times and was known as a “heart sink” patient because he was constantly coming in with imagined ailments.
Doctors who examined George after his arrest diagnosed an impressive array of psychiatric disorders: psychopathic person- ality, narcissistic personality, histrionic personality, paranoid personality and Asperger’s Syndrome (a disorder linked to aut- ism). As a boy he was diagnosed as suffering from attention hyperactivity disorder. George was also diagnosed as having somatisation disorder and concurrent factitious disorder.
Whether psychiatric diagnoses mean anything is debatable. However, the police and courts credit them and therefore should have taken them into account before a prosecution was mounted. The interesting thing about these diagnoses is that they relate to personality traits which could innocently explain every part of George’s supposedly suspicious behaviour both before and after the Dando murder. A psychopathic personality is prone to lying and using aliases. A narcissistic personality is one who urgently seeks attention and admiration and has a heightened sense of self-importance. A histrionic personality will imagine they have a well developed relationship with someone they do not know at all in a personal sense. A para- noid personality has obvious ramifications for George’s suspi- cion of the police. Asperger’s sufferers have major problems with personal relationships and a tendency to become ob- sessive. Finally, somatisation disorder and concurrent facti- tious disorder explained his imagined illnesses.http://www.libertarian.co.uk/lapubs/legan/legan037.pdf

"Research suggests that genetics, abuse and other factors contribute to the development of obsessive-compulsive, narcissistic or other personality disorders.
In the past, some believed that people with personality disorders were just lazy or even evil. But new research has begun to explore such potential causes as genetics, parenting and peer influences:http://www.apa.org/topics/personality/disorders-causes.aspx

Jill Dando murder trial: Experts were split on Barry George's behaviour
https://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/jill-dando-murder-trial-experts-were-split-on-barry-george-s-behaviour-1-1083223

"JURORS were asked to consider whether Barry George was a harmless "local nutter" – or a dangerous celebrity-obsessed stalker with a grudge against women.
Experts called by the prosecution and defence came up with rival theories to explain his behaviour

wever, Dr Philip Joseph, another leading psychiatrist who was called by the prosecution, said George was "far more competent" than tests would suggest and capable of lying in police interviews.

While some of his behaviour could be attributed to his epilepsy and cognitive impairment, his stalking of women appeared to stem from an "intense anger" caused by rejection, Dr Joseph said.

He also said that George developed a "fantasy world" in which he believed he knew famous people.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 05:50:57 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2018, 05:58:56 PM »
Does anyone know the outcome of the following?

"He had been labelled as posing ''a high-level risk'' despite his acquittal of the Dando murder. His other two spent convictions, dating from 1983, could not justify interference with his liberty.
Mr George has a pending High Court hearing challenging the decision to keep his movements under supervision, expected to be heard early in the New Year

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/6833611/Barry-George-wants-police-off-his-back-court-hears.html

All I could find was this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11081686

Suggesting it may have been dropped? Anyone?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 06:06:25 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2018, 07:41:21 PM »
"Since his acquittal last year he has been on the ­highest category list of a Multi-Agency Public­Protection Arrangement, which involves police visiting his home every three months.

Mr George, 49, will argue in the High Court that this gives ­police the authority to stop him for no reason and prevents him leading a normal life.

Since his release he has been stopped in the street 15 times.

On one occasion officers said that he had looked at them in a “funny way” and at another time he was accused of paying “close attention to coffee shops”.

Mr George was also stopped by police during a visit to the Isle of Wight and, while visiting family in Ireland, was taken to a city centre police station in Cork by officers from the Gardai.

He has moved to Hackney, east London, from Fulham in west London, where he lived before his imprisonment and where TV presenter Jill was shot dead on her doorstep in 1999.

His new housing ­authority, which has a duty to give him a home following his quashed ­sentence, has not allowed him to move from rented emergency accommodation because of his “high-risk” status. Mr George has convictions for indecent assault and attempted rape dating back to 1983 but it is claimed they happened too long ago to justify the monitoring.

At a preliminary hearing, Ian Glen, QC, said that his client wants to “get the police off his back” so he can rebuild his life.

He said: “Paying close attention to coffee shops is not an offence as far as I know.

“To be stopped for reasons such as that, and there are many, many other examples we will submit, is disproportionate ­interference with his liberties.”

The Metropolitan Police, ­acting in court in defence of the Mappa order, said any street stops are nothing to do with it.

His new housing ­authority, which has a duty to give him a home following his quashed ­sentence, has not allowed him to move from rented emergency accommodation because of his “high-risk” status. Mr George has convictions for indecent assault and attempted rape dating back to 1983 but it is claimed they happened too long ago to justify the monitoring.

At a preliminary hearing, Ian Glen, QC, said that his client wants to “get the police off his back” so he can rebuild his life.

He said: “Paying close attention to coffee shops is not an offence as far as I know.

“To be stopped for reasons such as that, and there are many, many other examples we will submit, is disproportionate ­interference with his liberties.”

The Metropolitan Police, ­acting in court in defence of the Mappa order, said any street stops are nothing to do with it.

James Dingemans QC told the hearing: “Harassment allegations that came to light during the Dando investigation are still relevant..”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/148232/Police-harass-Jill-Dando-case-man
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 07:52:44 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2018, 11:34:21 AM »
Michelle Bates writes and I quote,

"Justice is never served by the conviction of the innocent" by Michelle Bates on the 31st Anniversary of the tragedies (Jerrmy Bamber case)

"Becoming aware of a breaking-news story I began to listen in more closely. A siege was taking place at a farmhouse in England. The broadcaster relayed that five people were inside and there was great fear for their safety. As the story unfolded it became apparent that this was an older couple. A farmer and retired Magistrate, Nevill Bamber and his wife, June; their daughter, Sheila, and her six year old twin sons. Jeremy, their son, was outside with police who were trying to communicate with someone inside the house who had been seen pacing back and forth in front of an upstairs window and carrying a firearm. The reporter said that police were reluctant to get too close to the house for fear of causing that person to become more agitated, thereby, escalating the danger to the family. I watched for an hour or so but there was no resolution and, heavily pregnant, I became exhausted and had to go off to bed.
No one was seen pacing back and forth carrying a firearm - this is a lie
Awaking early I was anxious for news
, hopefully of a rescue, so I put the News on immediately. The siege was over, police had stormed the house and five bodies had been found inside. I was heartbroken, a whole family! My heart went out to the young man who had waited all night long with the police for news of his family; this was not what he wanted to hear.
There was no live TV coverage during the time Bamber was outside the farmhouse with the police - another lie 
My own child was born a few days later and I became engrossed in motherhood. It was a real shock to hear, sometime later, that the son, Jeremy Bamber, had been arrested for the killings…how was that possible when he was outside during the siege and everyone knew that? I presumed the police knew something we did not; there must have been strong evidence to convict a man of killing his entire family…I pushed my unease aside and got on with motherhood and my own life.

Since then I have revisited the facts of this case in light of so many high-profile miscarriage of justice cases coming to light, including that of my own brother, Barry George, for the murder of Jill Dando. More recently we’ve heard of the lies and cover-ups in the Hillsborough deaths and The Chilcot report exposing the same type of cover ups in the Iraqi war scandal. In the Bamber case I can find no evidence to convince me of the guilt of this man. Nothing that can account for a man languishing in jail for more than thirty years. How did a jury convict a young man without proof?

Our justice system is predicated on the ‘presumption of innocence’ and also on ‘beyond reasonable doubt,’ but there is so much doubt surrounding this conviction that this case must be looked into again, urgently. The CCRC and the Court of Appeal seem to be reluctant to do this, and the police, for their part, have been withholding evidence from the defendant. It will cost thousands of pounds to, again, take them to court to force them to hand over the papers and forensic results that the court has already told them they must do. They have also effectively ‘locked down’ documents in the case under a PII* order; what is there to hide? Meanwhile, a man is fighting a conviction for multiple murders that there is no proof he committed. Surely this is not the justice system his father, a Magistrate was proud to be a part of? https://jeremybamber.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/justice-is-never-served-by-conviction.html

Barry George had his conviction quashed. He's not been paid awarded compensation because he's not innocent enough. A judge concluded a jury properly directed may have come to a different conclusion; words to that effect

Michelle Bates is claiming Jeremy Bamber is innocent, she says the same about her brother?

Mark Williams Thomas was involved in both the Bamber and George cases, one via a TV documentary the other a newspaper series.

Who should we believe? I do not believe Michelle Bates!

Furthermore, Michael Mansfield QC was misled in relation to the Simon Hall case. He could have been misled in relation to Barry George. Personality disordered individuals can be extremely convincing.

Mrs Bates further claims in the Bamber case:  "Dead people don’t walk (and two only became one at marriage!). Sheila alive, even when police stormed the building. Tragic murder/suicide. 😢 https://mobile.twitter.com/Michelle_Diskin/status/917077719749361664

.Michelle Bates involvement in the Bamber case is surprising given what we know about the conviction.  Jeremy Bamber is certainly no Barry George, the two cases couldn't be more different.
Together magazine speaks to Michelle Diskin, sister of Barry George, the man who was wrongly convicted for the murder of Jill Dando.

You have become a campaigner for other cases of miscarriage of justice. Can you tell us why you decided to get involved and about the work that you do?

Michelle Diskin Bate's states:
"The decision to speak out about other wrongful convictions was not one I took lightly. Historically, we can see that people who do so are often maligned for their efforts. I took my concerns to God … what should I do? He gave me the same answer he had given me in Barry’s case: he said STAND. Therefore, I take every opportunity to point people to the true facts of these cases. It is not enough to make judgements based solely on the media’s slanted editorials. I still speak at miscarriage of justice conventions, and also address universities to encourage and inform the next generation of legal students.

Finally, do you have a personal message for any bookshop manager, reading this, who has to decide whether to stock your book?

Michelle Diskin Bate's:
"I have long felt that this book should have a Christian publisher, and should be distributed through Christian bookshops because of the testimony of how God brought us through this ordeal. Stand Against Injustice has a Christian message about injustice and I believe this story will reignite the interest of the public and show how God is working in our lives, daily, in a very real way.
https://clcbookshops.com/post/stand-against-injustice-jill-dando-murder

Here are Mike Tesco's statements on "Who or what is God"
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,9734.msg447916/topicseen.html?PHPSESSID=u6ta23fjialbsrn3sumepfdnr6#msg447916
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:55:51 AM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2018, 02:03:16 PM »
"Michelle Diskin was in the front room at her home in Cork listening to the morning radio when she first heard that her brother Barry George had been charged with Jill Dando's murder.
She says she felt numb - completely numb. 'I thought: "No, no, it can't be." 'I wanted to phone my mother, but she is a very quiet and private person. How do you ring your mother and say: "Mum, has my brother been arrested for murder?" she says.

Michelle, a deeply religious woman, finally decided to phone and ask if she should pray for her brother. It seemed a more gentle way of dealing with the appalling news. 'Mother said: "It's all rubbish. He didn't do it. It will die down". I didn't know what to do and said to myself: "Could Barry have done this?"

'Could I see anything in the Barry I knew that might be guilty of this - and I couldn't. I thought about his behaviour. He can be aggravating. But no, not murder.'

But on July 2, last year, Barry George, 42, an educationally-subnormal fantasist with an IQ of just 76, was found guilty of the murder of BBC TV presenter Jill Dando.

She was killed with a single shot to the head. The gun was pressed so hard against her skull that the imprint of the muzzle remained on her scalp afterwards.

There was, however, not one overwhelming piece of evidence to link George to the crime. In the year since the case ended, no other criminal verdict has excited quite so much interest and there has been an endless debate over whether he was indeed guilty 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

Last month, an appeal against his conviction was rejected by three of the country's most senior judges.

Michelle continues to insist upon her brother's innocence. She is determined to take the case to the House of Lords and, should that fail, to Europe, believing his conviction to be a dreadful miscarriage of justice.

In fairness, she doesn't believe her brother to be an angel, but she insists that does not make him a murderer.

Michelle is a warm, articulate woman with a strong sense of right and wrong. Being in the public eye does not sit easily with her. She is, by nature, a home-builder, a wife and mother to three teenage children.

Their terraced family house near Cork is tidy, comfortable and perfumed with scented candles. It is a tactile household where hugs and kisses are easily exchanged.

Her own London childhood had been tough, often violent. In her late teens, she moved to Ireland to work with mentally disabled children. She had little need to dwell upon her past - until her brother's arrest

Initially, Michelle believed the courts would clear her brother and she resolved not to speak out on his behalf. Indeed, she didn't want to drag her family into the unholy mess, and, in any case, no direct evidence linked her brother to the crime.

No confession. No apparent motive. No eyewitnesses. No murder weapon was ever found.

There was virtually no scientific evidence, except for minute traces of firearm discharge found in one of George's pockets and described as a 'close match' to particles found in Dando's hair. There was also a risk, acknowledged at the trial, that even this evidence was contaminated.

The prosecution case seemed to be simply that George lived locally and was an oddball with unhealthy obsessions. He was said to be 'fixated' with Princess Diana and to stalk women.

He had been convicted, many years earlier, of attempted rape and impersonating a police officer. He used different names (he was arrested as Barry Bulsara, using the real surname of one of his idols, Freddie Mercury) and lived in a world of fantasy. He was said to be 'obsessed' with guns.

George also happened to be near Dando's Fulham home on the morning of her murder. His own home, a chaotically untidy flat, happened to be just a few streets away. Michelle says: 'Barry was in Belmarsh Prison on remand when I first saw him. I had to see him through a glass screen. It was like being in a confessional box. There was a dark, dingy glass between us and you could hardly hear a thing.

'He looked terribly vulnerable and scared. Almost the first thing he said was: "Shhh, don't talk."

'Then he said: "I have not done what they are saying."

'I was asking questions and he kept telling me to talk to my solicitor. I cried. I think he did too. He said he was sorry that he had put us in this. I couldn't touch him but I wanted him to know he was being supported.

We held up our hands against the glass. I felt utterly overwhelmed that this could be happening to us. At each step along the way I thought it would be stopped. It's unbelievable it wasn't.

'There was no evidence. They just lumped everything up and made out he was one big psycho. Timeframes were forgotten, facts were distorted to make a picture - a very bad picture.

'The police needed somebody, and Barry looked, on the surface, as if he would disappear and nobody would fight for him.

'That's why I have to support him. I have always loved him very much.'

Michelle was the eldest of three children, raised in a cramped highrise flat in White City, West London. The bath was in the kitchen and she shared a bedroom with both her sister, a mentally handicapped epileptic two years her junior, and Barry, the baby of the family.

It was an uneasy household with frequent violent rows. 'Barry and Susan were always very special because I had to look after them when I was small.

'There were a lot of pressures living in such close quarters with people on both sides of you and underneath you. My parents fought all the time so I would take the kids out - sometimes for hours on end.

'It was very difficult. Because Susan had very definite problems that were so big, Barry's were pushed to one side.

'He was a gorgeous baby and, as a boy, was into cars and buildings. He sometimes got into trouble, but he could never seem to understand why.

'He couldn't concentrate for long periods of time and was taken out of school and sent to special school. But his disability didn't become really apparent until he got older.

'Barry has a rigidity of thought. He gets a thought and isn't able to change tack. If you changed the topic of conversation, he wouldn't be able to stop focusing on the first one.'

Michelle was 12 when their parents separated. She says it was a relief, an end to the dreadful rows. Her relationship with her mother was not easy and by the age of 15 she was living with her father.

'My mother was warmer earlier in the marriage,' she says. 'And less warm towards the end of it.'

When Barry asked to move in with his father, he was refused. 'I'm sure Barry saw it as a rejection. Probably the first of many,' she says.

By the age of 18, Michelle was living in Ireland with her grandmother. She kept in contact with her family and her brother visited for a holiday. 'He was 14 and so sweet I didn't want to send him back. I remember he used to hang about this place called Barry's Tea and wanted to work there in the yard but he was too young.

'But he would pester people, so this man sent him home with a letter saying he would take him out as his helper if I said it was OK. He said that he could see Barry needed special attention.

'The man gave Barry some pocket money and he came back with sausages, milk and bread so he could help with his keep.'

Michelle displays a certain pride when she repeats this story. It becomes clear that achievements which most people would take for granted were enormously special when accomplished by Barry.

For example, she tells how he arrived at her wedding 'all by himself' and had 'even hired his own suit so he wouldn't show me up'. She saw him handing out buttonholes to guests and was 'proud'.

By this time, he had started to create fantasies about himself and, intriguingly, she recalls a relative having to steer him away from talking about the SAS.

During their phone calls, Barry would talk of his obsession about being a stuntman. He tried to join the Territorial Army under the name Steve Major.

'It seemed perfectly innocent. He said he'd chosen it because the Six Million Dollar Man had such a name. When he later changed his name to Barry Bulsara, it wasn't something I was happy with. But he said he really loved Freddie Mercury and he was doing it as a tribute.

'He wanted to be a special person. He wanted to have friends. I can only speculate that these inventions were ways of opening a conversation. Let's face it, it's a bit more of a conversation grabber than "I'm classified disabled and I can't do anything".'

The prosecuting lawyers made much of George's fantasies. 'They tried to turn him into the Anti-Christ,' says Michelle. 'They spoke about his so-called obsession with guns after joining the Territorial Army. But the TA realised he had problems and Barry didn't handle guns. The only ones he's had are a starter pistol and a plastic gun that was stolen and broken.

'They said he had an obsession with Diana and stalked and photographed women. It was mentioned that he was discovered by police in Kensington Gardens with a rope and a knife dressed in Army gear. He told me that he was "doing manoeuvres".

'But he was never charged and there are no records of him being in the grounds by Diana's apartment as has been suggested.

'Even being "on manoeuvres" in the park, is not the normal behaviour of a grown person, but still pretty ordinary if you think like a child. He was going through his ex-SAS stage then - and it was almost 20 years ago.

'When police examined his flat they found a pile of 736 newspapers on the floor. Of course, there were some articles about Jill Dando, but there were more about Manchester United, although he's a Fulham supporter.

'There were also never any photos of women pinned up on the wall as has been suggested. The police found rolls of undeveloped film - 2,597 photographs showing 419 women.

'He wasn't using the photographs to satisfy some strange obsession. He was playing a role - that's all to do with the childish part of his life. And he'd just thrown the rolls of film in the corner - as he dropped everything in his flat and forgot about things.

'When Barry was in custody, the police had nothing to charge him with. They knew he'd been convicted of attempted rape in 1983, which he'd owned up to at the time, but he wouldn't admit to Jill Dando's murder.

'They were allowed to keep him for extra time, but still he wouldn't say he was responsible.

'If you know my brother, he's not capable of not caving in under that sort of pressure. But he does know when he's done something wrong and when he hasn't. The next thing that happened was that a particle (of firearm discharge) turned up in a coat - it was the only reason they were able to charge him.

'But the integrity of the coat had been corrupted. It was put in an evidence bag, sealed, carted away from his flat, photographed on a dummy in a police studio with an officer's shirt underneath and put back in the crate before it was examined by forensics.

'And as far as identification is concerned, there was only one person who said she was certain she saw Barry at 7.30am. She said she saw him by a car, but Barry can't drive.

'Barry has been described as a loner. But he's not. He was always out seeing people. He had friends, people who loved him - who accepted Barry with his differences. They didn't know about the attempted rape, but that happened almost 20 years before.

He paid his price to society for what he did and he'd turned his life around. And, despite his disabilities, he had made a life for himself. He discussed his friends and would say: "There's a guy down the road and he's my friend. I wash his car for him." After he was charged, I started piecing things together.

'There was a big, motherly Jamaican woman who lived across the road. When I went to see her, I could see she really loved Barry.

'She was really pleased to see me and said she hadn't known if anyone was going to help him. She was going to get some friends together to stand outside Hammersmith police station with placards saying: "Free Barry Bulsara."

'She's adamant he didn't carry out the crime.'

Michelle gathers strength from such support. She knows her brother, not as a psychopath, but as 'quiet, softly-spoken and wellmannered'.

During medical examinations before his trial, it was discovered that George had suffered severe brain damage from a physical injury while in his 20s. Michelle says he does not know how it occurred, although she conjectures that perhaps it was something to do with his 'Steve Majors' phase.

In the early Eighties, he was registered disabled and suffered increasingly from epileptic fits. If the problem was not properly controlled he would often stumble around.

Michelle is not convinced that he would have had the ability to plan or dexterity to carry out such carefully executed crime and getaway. Indeed, the case confounded police for a year before Barry's arrest.

'I knew right from the beginning, from his whole demeanour that he's innocent. I could tell when I saw him in Belmarsh - through his body language, his eye contact - before and after his conviction.

'He said to me: "They had to have someone. I didn't do this and I don't know why I'm here. But you do realise I am here for the rest of my life?"

'I said he wouldn't be - that the sentence would be reduced and he replied: "Oh no, not for me. I can't ever say I'm sorry for doing it - because I didn't do it."

'At night, things play over and over in my mind. When you realise this is a miscarriage of justice, it becomes enormous. They have grabbed Barry's life and taken it away from him. They have also taken my life.

'It wasn't an easy thing to decide to become vocal. But I have to stand up for Barry's rights. I'm determined to at least do that.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-135212/My-brother-didnt-kill-Jill.html#ixzz5DQUKMFv4

Stalker, rapist and sex prowler
Ian Cobain and Stewart Tendler in London
July 3 2001 12:11 AM

"Mr Campbell told the court that George had raped a woman in 1982 - he pleaded guilty to attempted rape - and that he had previous convictions for indecent assault and for impersonating a police officer.

George also raped his Japanese wife Itsuko Toide, who left him after 11 months of a marriage filled with violence and intimidation. In an interview published today, she gives a remarkable insight into the mind of a man filled with rage and hatred of women.

George met Miss Toide after she had suffered a sexual assault herself and was feeling highly vulnerable. They married after a romance lasting four months. Almost immediately he began subjecting her to a series of sexual and physical attacks at the cramped ground-floor council flat that they shared in Crookham Road, Fulham.

The jury was not allowed to know that George had a long history of stalking women in the area where Miss Dando lived, although detectives found clear evidence that he had followed at least 419 women in Fulham, taking 2,597 photographs of them.

The judge also ruled during pre-trial legal argument that the jury should not learn that George had been arrested in 1983 while prowling in the grounds of Kensington Palace, close to the private apartments of the Prince and Princess of Wales, clad in camouflage fatigues and wielding a commando knife.

Despite these revelations, George's defence team announced they were to launching an immediate appeal.

One possible ground for appeal may be the discovery that one of the prosecution witnesses, Charlotte de Rosnay, 29, was involved for a while in a relationship with a member of the murder squad, Detective Constable Peter Bartlett.

Miss Dando (37) was murdered as she arrived at her home in Fulham, southwest London, on the morning of Monday April 26, 1999

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/stalker-rapist-and-sex-prowler-26079016.html

Dando detective forced out over leaks 19 February 2002
"A Metropolitan Police detective who worked on the Jill Dando murder investigation has been forced to resign for leaking information to the media.

Scotland Yard said Detective Constable Robert McKenzie was found guilty of failing to disclose contact with the media and failing to obey a lawful order.

After he was found guilty at a disciplinary tribunal last week he was "required to resign".

DC McKenzie was one of 45 officers drafted in to the high-profile murder inquiry after Miss Dando, a BBC TV presenter, was shot on her London doorstep in April 1999.

They were all told not to talk to any member of the media without prior approval and without reporting what they had said.

DC McKenzie was working with the central area Organised Crime Squad when he was suspended in January 2000.

It is not known what he had told the media.

Meanwhile another Dando inquiry detective who has had charges of harassing a married woman witness dropped is set to face an internal inquiry.

Superiors took DC Peter Bartlett, 40, off the Dando case when it emerged he had had an affair during the investigation with Charlotte de Rosnay, a neighbour of Miss Dando's in Fulham, west London.

The harassment charge was dropped on Monday when Mrs de Rosnay withdrew the allegation.

An internal inquiry has been launched by the Metropolitan Police's directorate of professional standards.

DC Bartlett, based at Barnes police station in south west London, has been placed on restricted duties.

Last December the man convicted of Miss Dando's murder, 41-year-old Barry George, was given leave to appeal and the case is expected to be heard this summer.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1829128.stm
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:14:22 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2018, 02:09:52 PM »
Reporter 'offered to sell names of victims'
"A FORMER police officer in the Jonathan King case who is now a TV documentary reporter offered to sell the names of the pop mogul’s victims, according to a judge.
Investigative reporter Mark Williams-Thomas, who made his name in a documentary exposing Jimmy Savile, has claimed to have solved a number of high-profile cases, including the murder of TV host Jill Dando.
But yesterday his professional reputation was called into question after Judge Deborah Taylor delivered a withering assessment of his previous work for Surrey Police on the King case. Before he left the force in October 2000 Mr Williams-Thomas was the detective who interviewed the first man to accuse King of sexual assault. He was subsequently accused – and acquitted – of blackmail in an unrelated case.
Yesterday the judge said: ‘ During the investigation into that offence a document was found on his computer offering for sale names and introductions to victims of Mr King.
‘There was also information that prior to Mr King’s arrest, Williams-Thomas said that he had been provided by a journalist with information about King. Williams-Thomas left taking his contemporaneous notebooks of his involvement with inquiries into Mr King with him.
‘No attempts had been made to obtain them, although it is the Crown’s position that he should not have taken them with him as they were the property of Surrey Police.’
The judge added that it had been suggested ‘there was deliberate concealment of his previous prosecution and of the documents indicating attempts to gain financial advantage from selling details of Mr King’s case’. Yesterday Mr Williams-Thomas denied ever knowing the victims’ identities, or offering them for sale.
https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mail/20180807/281732680305413

Why did Michelle Diskin Bate's & Barry George choose Mark Williams Thomas to "re-investiagate" the murder of Jill Dando?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2018, 02:41:45 PM »
Stalker, rapist and sex prowler
Ian Cobain and Stewart Tendler in London
July 3 2001 12:11 AM

"Mr Campbell told the court that George had raped a woman in 1982 - he pleaded guilty to attempted rape - and that he had previous convictions for indecent assault and for impersonating a police officer.

George also raped his Japanese wife Itsuko Toide, who left him after 11 months of a marriage filled with violence and intimidation. In an interview published today, she gives a remarkable insight into the mind of a man filled with rage and hatred of women.

George met Miss Toide after she had suffered a sexual assault herself and was feeling highly vulnerable. They married after a romance lasting four months. Almost immediately he began subjecting her to a series of sexual and physical attacks at the cramped ground-floor council flat that they shared in Crookham Road, Fulham.

The jury was not allowed to know that George had a long history of stalking women in the area where Miss Dando lived, although detectives found clear evidence that he had followed at least 419 women in Fulham, taking 2,597 photographs of them.

The judge also ruled during pre-trial legal argument that the jury should not learn that George had been arrested in 1983 while prowling in the grounds of Kensington Palace, close to the private apartments of the Prince and Princess of Wales, clad in camouflage fatigues and wielding a commando knife.

Despite these revelations, George's defence team announced they were to launching an immediate appeal.

One possible ground for appeal may be the discovery that one of the prosecution witnesses, Charlotte de Rosnay, 29, was involved for a while in a relationship with a member of the murder squad, Detective Constable Peter Bartlett.

Miss Dando (37) was murdered as she arrived at her home in Fulham, southwest London, on the morning of Monday April 26, 1999

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/stalker-rapist-and-sex-prowler-26079016.html

Dando detective forced out over leaks 19 February 2002
"A Metropolitan Police detective who worked on the Jill Dando murder investigation has been forced to resign for leaking information to the media.

Scotland Yard said Detective Constable Robert McKenzie was found guilty of failing to disclose contact with the media and failing to obey a lawful order.

After he was found guilty at a disciplinary tribunal last week he was "required to resign
".

DC McKenzie was one of 45 officers drafted in to the high-profile murder inquiry after Miss Dando, a BBC TV presenter, was shot on her London doorstep in April 1999.

They were all told not to talk to any member of the media without prior approval and without reporting what they had said.

DC McKenzie was working with the central area Organised Crime Squad when he was suspended in January 2000.

It is not known what he had told the media.

Meanwhile another Dando inquiry detective who has had charges of harassing a married woman witness dropped is set to face an internal inquiry.

Superiors took DC Peter Bartlett, 40, off the Dando case when it emerged he had had an affair during the investigation with Charlotte de Rosnay, a neighbour of Miss Dando's in Fulham, west London.

The harassment charge was dropped on Monday when Mrs de Rosnay withdrew the allegation.

An internal inquiry has been launched by the Metropolitan Police's directorate of professional standards.

DC Bartlett, based at Barnes police station in south west London, has been placed on restricted duties.

Last December the man convicted of Miss Dando's murder, 41-year-old Barry George, was given leave to appeal and the case is expected to be heard this summer.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1829128.stm

What information was leaked to the media and when?

This?

Dando Murder: A choice of contract killers is now available from just pounds 1000 April 1999
"The murder of Jill Dando closely matches the blueprint for a professional hit, in terms of location, timing and method of execution.

Detectives say that typically, victims are targeted on their doorsteps as they arrive home or answer a knock at the door. The 9mm semi-automatic is, along with the old-fashioned revolver, the contract killer's weapon of choice. The US-made Browning, though illegal in the wake of Dunblane, is widely available for as little as pounds 250 on the black market. Originally issued to British servicemen in the 1950s it is still in use by the Army.

Ms Dando's murderer also followed the first rule of such executions, which is to fire from point-blank range.

But instead of using a motor cycle for a quick getaway and wearing a crash helmet to hide his face, as is usual for hitmen, Ms Dando's murderer apparently lingered in the street, undisguised, before the killing, and left the scene on foot.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/dando-murder-a-choice-of-contract-killers-is-now-available-from-just-pounds-1000-1090053.html

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9318.msg456096#msg456096
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:49:14 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2018, 02:57:48 PM »
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ltgorwROQfwC&pg=PA117&lpg=PA117&dq=michael+boirke+barry+george+campaign+to+clear+name&source=bl&ots=Osv66NAZ9H&sig=u6QkUj9tNaTGF9YhqcBKAPXCuHU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwidxre7ua_aAhWNSsAKHUtQDA4Q6AEwBXoECAEQAQ#v=onepage&q=michael%20boirke%20barry%20george%20campaign%20to%20clear%20name&f=false

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9318.msg454799#msg454799 "Barry George's Mike says he felt bitter for a long time after George was released from prison. He talks of how he and fellow supporters were ultimately dumped by George; even though he'd put in years of campaigning?

"In an angry email to me this week, Michelle Diskin claimed her brother was the victim of a media-driven plot designed to smear and intimidate him.

George's uncle on his mother's side, Michael Bourke fears that the police, having ultimately failed to nail him for murder, might be trying to frame him.

It could be like O. J. Simpson  -  you get him second time around,' he said.

His mother said much the same when I spoke to her at her West London home. 'I'm very worried for Barry,' she said. 'How can he be happy when they're all out to get him?'

The George family, incidentally, have been torn apart by in-fighting since their 'Free Barry' crusade ended.

Limerick bus-driver Mr Bourke, 53, is estranged from the main George camp for suggesting that the Miscarriages of Justice outfit might be self-serving.

He also questioned the wisdom of parading his nephew (who, in the words of one friend 'can't tell the difference between fame and infamy') before the TV cameras just hours after he was freed.

Of course, all this turmoil is just what a volatile character like George does not need, as he struggles to adjust to the real world after eight years inside.

In the grim appraisal of Ian Horrocks, the retired Scotland Yard detective who was number two on the original Dando murder inquiry, George is still a 'danger to women' and in need of constant supervision.

Listening to his friends describing the cloistered, eerily obsessive netherworld he has invented for himself, it is impossible to escape the fear that here is a walking time-bomb, just waiting to explode.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1076331/Obsessed-visiting-Jill-Dandos-grave-acting-erratically-Barry-George-man-edge.html

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2018, 11:39:32 AM »

Michelle Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
People hate to think there has been a wrongful conviction, it shakes their confidence, therefore they attack the people campaigning for justice, like journalist Chris Mullin, or in this case, Sandra Lean.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Michelle_Diskin/status/1041002046386790401

Getting it wrong once was bad enough but Sandra Lean got it wrong twice that we definitely know about. She went to great lengths to campaign for killers Adrian Prout and Simon Hall yet both men eventually admitted their guilt. I for one would certainly question her judgement.

Michelle Bates involvement in the Bamber case is surprising given what we know about the conviction.  Jeremy Bamber is certainly no Barry George, the two cases couldn't be more different.

What about Billy Middleton and Nick Ward? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-13048362

"When Emma first went missing between late March and May last year, they led public appeals to help find their friend. A group set up on social networking site Facebook attracted more than 7,400 people, initially to help trace the 22-year-old and later paying tribute to her.http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/murder-trial-background-friends-pay-tribute-to-norfolk-woman-emma-ward-1-863970

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/murder-trial-background-friends-pay-tribute-to-norfolk-woman-emma-ward-1-863970

Sandra Lean has been involved in lots of cases, however her thesis suggests she was impartial, as opposed to a campaigner? Her thesis records something like 360 cases?

I'm familiar with some of them.

At one time I was in contact with several friends and family members of some of the cases she was involved in. Nick Wards ex girlfriend (and her Mum) were two of them. She was Ward's partner whilst he was on remand; prior to being found guilty for the murder of his wife. Before his trial she had campaigned on his behalf on Facebook claiming he was innocent.

Michelle Bate's refers to Sandra Lean as a campaigner (campaigning for justice) and that's what I always assumed she was as did the people I was in contact with?

"DOCTOR Sandra Lean has dedicated her career to defending those who have been wrongfully convicted.
A mother of two daughters, she had a quiet but content life, running her own business in the town of Dalkeith.
But that all changed when the area was rocked by the brutal murder of 14-year old Jodi Jones in June 2003.
The teenager was discovered in woodland behind Newbattle High School – the same school that her eldest attended. At the heart of the crime was the accusation that 14-year old Luke Mitchell, Jodi’s boyfriend, was the murderer.
The murder would take Lean in an unexpected direction, as she sought to understand the events which were unfolding on her doorstep. After doubts that Mitchell was the killer, she began to investigate, leading to the publication of her first book about miscarriages of justice.
She then gained her PHD in criminal justice, becoming a fully qualified paralegal at the same time as finishing her thesis, all the while campaigning for those wrongfully convicted.
https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-herald/20180915/281492162220037
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 01:24:46 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2018, 03:40:18 PM »
Why did Michelle Diskin Bate's & Barry George choose Mark Williams Thomas to "re-investiagate" the murder of Jill Dando?

https://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/category/Community/Ive-been-blocked-by-Mark-Williams-Thomas-522810787785441/

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2018, 10:09:46 AM »
Barry George's uncle Mike Burke said in his book, "The investigation into the disappearance of Madaleine McCann was possibly the only case to receive more attention than Dando's murder."

He goes on to say;

"I was quite annoyed when I read reports of Doctor Michael Kopelmans medical opinion of Barry.it seemed to me that Barry's inappropriate behaviour was being blamed on the overall family. I sent a protest to Jeremy Moore. In my opinion one is responsible for ones own actions. And it is a cop out to try and blame ones bad behaviour on the family.

Wasn't part of George's defence based on genetics?

A further example of his exhibitionistic and obsessive mentaloty comes from his medical history. George attended no less than eighteen different surgeries in West London at various times and was known as a “heart sink” patient because he was constantly coming in with imagined ailments.
Doctors who examined George after his arrest diagnosed an impressive array of psychiatric disorders: psychopathic personality, narcissistic personality, histrionic personality, paranoid personality and Asperger’s Syndrome (a disorder linked to autism). As a boy he was diagnosed as suffering from attention hyperactivity disorder. George was also diagnosed as having somatisation disorder and concurrent factitious disorder.
Whether psychiatric diagnoses mean anything is debatable. However, the police and courts credit them and therefore should have taken them into account before a prosecution was mounted. The interesting thing about these diagnoses is that they relate to personality traits which could innocently explain every part of George’s supposedly suspicious behaviour both before and after the Dando murder. A psychopathic personality is prone to lying and using aliases. A narcissistic personality is one who urgently seeks attention and admiration and has a heightened sense of self-importance. A histrionic personality will imagine they have a well developed relationship with someone they do not know at all in a personal sense. A para- noid personality has obvious ramifications for George’s suspi- cion of the police. Asperger’s sufferers have major problems with personal relationships and a tendency to become ob- sessive. Finally, somatisation disorder and concurrent facti- tious disorder explained his imagined illnesses.http://www.libertarian.co.uk/lapubs/legan/legan037.pdf

"Research suggests that genetics, abuse and other factors contribute to the development of obsessive-compulsive, narcissistic or other personality disorders.
In the past, some believed that people with personality disorders were just lazy or even evil. But new research has begun to explore such potential causes as genetics, parenting and peer influences:
http://www.apa.org/topics/personality/disorders-causes.aspx
Martin Bryant described as "intellectually limited & dim witted" and said to have Asperger’s Syndrome.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=56JCVbaCqCM

"A psychologist's view was that he would never hold down a job, as he would aggravate people to such an extent that he would always be in trouble

Descriptions of Bryant's behaviour as an adolescent show that he continued to be disturbed and outlined the possibility of an intellectual disability. He was revealed to be borderline mentally disabled, with an I.Q. of 66,[4] equivalent to an 11-year-old. Further testing following his arrest indicated a verbal I.Q. of 64 and non-verbal reasoning and cognitive functioning of 68, giving a full-scale I.Q. of 66, an age equivalent of 11 years in the 10th percentile (90% of 11-year-olds would score higher).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bryant

"Before his trial, George was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome.[13] Prosecution psychologists studying George since his arrest for the Dando murder claimed that he was suffering from several different personality disorders: [ censored word]ocial, histrionic, narcissistic and possibly paranoid,[5] as well as somatization and factitious disorders and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.[14] He was said to suffer from epilepsy and have an IQ of 75;[10] however, a prior assessment found George to be of average intelligence.[5] George has also been likened to a "lone obsessive, Walter Mitty-type figure" for his desire to impersonate famous figures
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_George
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:17:56 AM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2018, 11:04:22 AM »
The power of cognitive bias
"A cognitive bias is a systematic pattern of deviation from norm or rationality in judgment. ... A continually evolving list of cognitive biases has been identified over the last six decades of research on human judgment and decision-making in cognitive science, social psychology, and behavioral economics.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/cognitive-biases-2015-10

Criminal Investigational Ethics
"12.1 Investigator Biases
Cognitive biases including individual perception, intuition, and tunnel vision can influence an investigator’s view of a particular issue within a case.9 Detectives should also be aware of external pressures that might influence decisions. Organizational traps such as groupthink, rumor, and ego all might impact investigative decision-making. Kim Rossmo (2009) in his book, Criminal Investigative Failures,9 provides an in-depth look at these and other specific issues

Conclusions
"The following link lists approximately 50 automatic and unconscious cognitive biases, including those mentioned above, that render cognitive decisions defective, distorted, biased, and just plain wrong.21 The worst part is that we are almost always unaware of these unconscious processes. Automatic and unconscious memory defects, distortions, and biases further complicate our ability to reason effectively. A list of 45 common memory biases can be found at the following URL.22 Together they form 95 ways in which people automatically and unconsciously process information without the slightest awareness of doing so.
There are two common themes or threads that run through the examples provided above. The first common theme is that we are typically unaware when we use these well-documented cognitive heuristics, which means that they often operate unconsciously. In fact there are so many of these biases that we cannot even keep them all in mind so as to consistently monitor if we are using them or not. Short-term memory is limited by Miller’s magic number of 7 ± 2. The 95 biases reviewed or referenced above far exceed this capacity. So unless we keep a heuristic checklist in front of us at all times, and check it frequently, we may well unconsciously use one or more of them.
The second common theme is that cognitive and memory heuristics reflect functional properties of our neural networks just as optical illusions do. This explains why heuristics are reflexive and automatic. It also explains why education and insight into these heuristics cannot free us from them. We are left with recognizing and compensating for them. Recognition here means acceptance of unconscious processing as common and pervasive, given the approximately 100 ways in which it intrudes on our ability to think rationally.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/cognitive-biases
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 11:15:31 AM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2018, 01:38:08 PM »

July 2016
"Ironically, Mark Williams-Thomas became a TV personality by savaging the reputations of other small-screen stars
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/jul/14/the-investigator-the-ex-cop-taking-over-tv-mark-williams-thomas-simon-cowell

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2018, 02:41:19 PM »
Would be interesting to learn WHY Mark Williams Thomas resigned from the police force?
This officer resigned before she was sacked https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-46075215

"Det Supt Scott Cannon, who sat on the panel, said: "In order to maintain public confidence and trust, it's vital information held by the police is accessed only for policing purposes

......The Essex Police misconduct hearing found she had breached the standards of professional behaviour relating to confidentially, orders and instructions. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 02:47:30 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas