Author Topic: Barry George revisited.  (Read 169299 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Barry George revisited.
« Reply #195 on: April 08, 2019, 12:44:17 PM »
Here's an old article by Geoffrey Levy:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2244910/Why-murder-ex-fianc-Jill-Dando-haunts-man-deliver-Kate-Middletons-baby.html

It appears the emphasis was on looking at Jill's ex's/obsessives rather than Alan's?!

Because it appears this way doesn’t make it so.

Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #196 on: April 08, 2019, 12:51:17 PM »
... or someone who had “desires” on Jill Dando from afar?

But how would anyone not acquainted with her or those closely involved with her know she was going to be at her home address when she turned up? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #197 on: April 08, 2019, 12:53:58 PM »
As Jill's cousin said in the docu for this to have happened all the stars would need to align. 

The statistical chances of an opportunist stalker happening upon Jill at her home address when her movements were random and unknown who just happened to have a loaded firearm on his/her person would imo be so statistically unlikely I would rule it out. 

In your opinion....

“Jill Dando was killed by a loner who had an obsession with female presenters and stalked women...
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/jun/09/ukcrime

Based on the recent documentary it appears to me the police still believe in the above theory.
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #198 on: April 08, 2019, 12:56:52 PM »
But how would anyone not acquainted with her or those closely involved with her know she was going to be at her home address when she turned up?

Why did they need to know when she turned up?

Could they not have laid in wait or loitered, for example?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #199 on: April 08, 2019, 12:57:35 PM »
Because it appears this way doesn’t make it so.

I would hope investigators did look at Alan Farthing's ex's and anyone who had an unhealthy interest in him but I can't find any news articles to this effect? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2019, 01:02:37 PM »
Why did they need to know when she turned up?

Could they not have laid in wait or loitered, for example?

Well she spent most of her time at Alan Farthing's house in Chiswick,  Gowan Avenue isn't the sort of place you could sit in a car or loiter for any length of time unnoticed.  How long could anyone wait around before they would need to eat/drink/use the loo/get chilly/bored/need to sleep/wash/get cold feet?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2019, 01:03:16 PM »
I would hope investigators did look at Alan Farthing's ex's and anyone who had an unhealthy interest in him but I can't find any news articles to this effect?

You could always approach Barry George’s sister directly (via twitter for example) and ask her.

I too would hope investigators looked at each and every avenue and again imo i imagine they did.

“Jonathan Laidlaw QC, prosecuting, said Dando's death had been the result of the actions of "a loner, a man acting alone with no rational motive to kill"
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 01:17:32 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #202 on: April 08, 2019, 01:08:18 PM »
As Jill's cousin said in the docu for this to have happened all the stars would need to align. 

The statistical chances of an opportunist stalker happening upon Jill at her home address when her movements were random and unknown who just happened to have a loaded firearm on his/her person would imo be so statistically unlikely I would rule it out. 

She had not mentioned to anyone about being stalked.

Sadly it’s not as unusual as you appear to think for some people to walk the streets with a concealed weapon

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2019, 01:10:21 PM »
Well she spent most of her time at Alan Farthing's house in Chiswick,  Gowan Avenue isn't the sort of place you could sit in a car or loiter for any length of time unnoticed.  How long could anyone wait around before they would need to eat/drink/use the loo/get chilly/bored/need to sleep/wash/get cold feet?

So you agree then it makes sense that the person who murdered her most probably lived a few hundred yards away?

“George lived half a mile from the home of the 37-year-old BBC News, Crimewatch and Holiday presenter. He would allegedly approach women in the area to try to find out their addresses
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 01:15:17 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #204 on: April 08, 2019, 01:13:49 PM »
In your opinion....

“Jill Dando was killed by a loner who had an obsession with female presenters and stalked women...
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/jun/09/ukcrime

Based on the recent documentary it appears to me the police still believe in the above theory.

I would be interested to learn what the items of military equipment were that Barry George ordered 2 weeks before the murder?

“"...........and had ordered "a number of items of military equipment" in April 1999, just two weeks before Dando died.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #205 on: April 08, 2019, 01:19:17 PM »

"Some of the witnesses provide evidence that Barry George, having discovered where they lived, also spent time waiting in the area and observing their addresses; on occasions, that he was present outside watching when they arrived back at their homes." https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/jun/09/ukcrime

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #206 on: April 08, 2019, 01:37:00 PM »
A recent BBC documentary about the murder of Jill Dando:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0003w40/the-murder-of-jill-dando

What has always struck me as odd about this case is the fact Jill Dando spent very little time at her house.  Instead spending most of the time at her fiancees house in Chiswick where she spent the night before she was murdered.  Then when she left his house that morning she didn't go straight to her house but went shopping.  CCTV footage doesn't show any evidence that she was being followed.  Later that day she was due to attend a bridal shop for a fitting. 

How would anyone, other than those in the know through Jill, her fiancee and those close to her know her movements?  The one exception being immediate neighbours.

Jill and Alan were engaged in Feb 1999 and on the day of the murder she was due to attend a bridal shop.  Was the perp, either directly or through a hit person, a jealous ex or someone that had desires on Alan Farthing from afar? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Farthing

The docu shows yet another completely male dominated police investigation so once again we only see the case investigated through the male eye!

Many of the participants ask why would anyone want to murder Jill Dando?  Jealousy?  Here was a woman who appeared to have it all and if the perp had some unhealthy interest in Alan Farthing or was a jealous ex then I would imagine if you were that way inclined it would only be exacerbated by seeing Jill's face on high profile tv programmes like News, Holiday and Crimewatch.

Btw can you explain what you mean by “we can only see the case investigated through the male eye?

It appears to me the police still appear to believe Barry George was responsible for Miss Dando’s murder.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2019, 03:29:55 PM »
So you agree then it makes sense that the person who murdered her most probably lived a few hundred yards away?

“George lived half a mile from the home of the 37-year-old BBC News, Crimewatch and Holiday presenter. He would allegedly approach women in the area to try to find out their addresses

Alan Farthing told the court Jill virtually lived at his house and that she only went back when she had an early morning start and to collect mail.  On the day in question she made Alan's breakfast at his house in Chiswick.  She then went shopping en route to her house in Fulham.  She then intended visiting a bridal shop for a fitting.  How would anyone other than those who were acquainted with her directly or indirectly through others or neighbours who could observe her arriving know she was going to turn up at the time she did on that particular day?  CCTV footage doesn't show any evidence she was being followed.

Barry George lived 0.4 miles away in Crookham Road but he would not have been able to view Jill's house or her car arriving.

http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp#fromNode=0%7CCrookham%20Rd,%20Fulham,%20London%20SW6,%20UK%7C%7C-0.205078%7C51.474645%7CtoNode=0%7CGowan%20Ave,%20Fulham,%20London%20SW6,%20UK%7C%7C-0.212113%7C51.476462

No one reported anyone loitering about in the weeks/days leading up to the murder.  On the day of the murder there were various conflicting sightings as there always are in these cases.  Jill had not reported anyone bothering her.   

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2019, 05:27:14 PM »
Alan Farthing told the court Jill virtually lived at his house and that she only went back when she had an early morning start and to collect mail.  On the day in question she made Alan's breakfast at his house in Chiswick.  She then went shopping en route to her house in Fulham.  She then intended visiting a bridal shop for a fitting.  How would anyone other than those who were acquainted with her directly or indirectly through others or neighbours who could observe her arriving know she was going to turn up at the time she did on that particular day?  CCTV footage doesn't show any evidence she was being followed.

Barry George lived 0.4 miles away in Crookham Road but he would not have been able to view Jill's house or her car arriving.

http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp#fromNode=0%7CCrookham%20Rd,%20Fulham,%20London%20SW6,%20UK%7C%7C-0.205078%7C51.474645%7CtoNode=0%7CGowan%20Ave,%20Fulham,%20London%20SW6,%20UK%7C%7C-0.212113%7C51.476462

No one reported anyone loitering about in the weeks/days leading up to the murder.  On the day of the murder there were various conflicting sightings as there always are in these cases.  Jill had not reported anyone bothering her.

0.4 miles is approximately 704 yards!

“Detectives investigating the killing became increasingly convinced Mr George was the gunman after they discovered he had followed numerous women and taken thousands of pictures of them.
But in an interview, Mr George insisted that at the time Miss Dando was murdered, he was following another woman after leaving a disability centre in Fulham.
Miss Dando was shot dead on her doorstep in Fulham, west London, at around 11.30am on April 26 1999.
Between 10.30am and 12.33pm on the day of the shooting, Mr George insisted, he was either at the centre or walking beside the woman.
"I walked with her for a bit and from her perspective, maybe it was unwanted attention. But she didn't make that clear," he said.
"It didn't seem like she was telling me to go away. If she'd told me to leave I'd have done so straight away.
"That was at 12.33pm. I know because just a minute before I'd made a call from my mobile to check how much credit I had left."
During three weeks of surveillance before his arrest Mr George was seen to approach 38 women and try to make conversation with them.
He said of his history of stalking: "I know I have done wrong in the past and if I could go back in time and change that I would.
" https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2492744/Jill-Dando-murder-I-was-stalking-another-woman-at-the-time-says-Barry-George.html

Who said anything about George being able to view Miss Dando’s house or car from his address? By his own admission he was out and about in the area that day!

Because no one allegedly reported anyone loitering in the vicinity in the weeks/days leading up to the murder again doesn’t mean no one was.

There were “various conflicting sightings” on the day of the murder. Again doesn’t rule Barry George out.

And because Miss Dando hadn’t “reported anyone bothering her” again doesn’t mean this is a fact.

Did the 38 women who Barry George is said to have approached during 3 weeks of surveillance report anyone bothering them?

Was there CCTV is Gowen Avenue?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 06:51:25 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Myster

« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2019, 06:49:55 PM »
Maybe an extremely old snail was the culprit.   8(8-))
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.