Author Topic: Barry George revisited.  (Read 167486 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Barry George revisited.
« Reply #315 on: April 16, 2019, 03:28:16 PM »

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
4h
Good grief...people don’t have enough work to do! #getalife There are more important things to get agitated about than TV presenters
https://mobile.twitter.com/EveningStandard/status/1118094287059603456

Helga Speck
@HelgaSpeck
·
3h
Replying to
@EveningStandard
I love Sir David's programmes and he has done so much to make people aware of the planet.  Madeley really needs to look at himself, his own misdeeds instead of pointing the finger elsewhere.

Did Helga Specks words hit a nerve maybe?

Michelle Diskin’s Bates points the finger at many in her book but doesn’t back up anything she writes with factual evidence.

Today she tweets There are more important things to get agitated about than TV presenters  *&^^& with the hashtag get a life?!

Could these be her unconscious psychological projections?

“The preconscious contains thoughts and feelings that a person is not currently aware of, but which can easily be brought to consciousness (1924). It exists just below the level of consciousness, before the unconscious mind. The preconscious is like a mental waiting room, in which thoughts remain until they 'succeed in attracting the eye of the conscious' (Freud, 1924, p. 306).

This is what we mean in our everyday usage of the word available memory. For example, you are presently not thinking about your mobile telephone number, but now it is mentioned you can recall it with ease. Mild emotional experiences may be in the preconscious but sometimes traumatic and powerful negative emotions are repressed and hence not available in the preconscious.

Finally, the unconscious mind comprises mental processes that are inaccessible to consciousness but that influence judgements, feelings, or behavior (Wilson, 2002). According to Freud (1915), the unconscious mind is the primary source of human behavior. Like an iceberg, the most important part of the mind is the part you cannot see.

Our feelings, motives and decisions are actually powerfully influenced by our past experiences, and stored in the unconscious.

Freud applied these three systems to his structure of the personality, or psyche – the id, ego and superego. Here the id is regarded as entirely unconscious whilst the ego and superego have conscious, preconscious, and unconscious aspect
https://www.simplypsychology.org/unconscious-mind.html
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 04:02:56 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #316 on: April 16, 2019, 04:04:38 PM »

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
4h
Good grief...people don’t have enough work to do! #getalife There are more important things to get agitated about than TV presenters
https://mobile.twitter.com/EveningStandard/status/1118094287059603456

Helga Speck
@HelgaSpeck
·
3h
Replying to
@EveningStandard
I love Sir David's programmes and he has done so much to make people aware of the planet.  Madeley really needs to look at himself, his own misdeeds instead of pointing the finger elsewhere.

Interestingly Helga Speck has today tweeted the following:

Helga Speck
@HelgaSpeck
The Strange Case of the Disappearing "Investigator" Mark Williams Thomas.

https://trollexposure.wordpress.com/2019/04/14/the-strange-case-of-the-disappearing-investigator/

Could the above have been perceived by Michelle Diskin Bates as a personal slight?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 04:06:43 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #317 on: April 16, 2019, 04:29:49 PM »
Interestingly Helga Speck has today tweeted the following:

Helga Speck
@HelgaSpeck
The Strange Case of the Disappearing "Investigator" Mark Williams Thomas.

https://trollexposure.wordpress.com/2019/04/14/the-strange-case-of-the-disappearing-investigator/

Could the above have been perceived by Michelle Diskin Bates as a personal slight?

Stand Against Injustice by Michelle Diskin Bates

Excerpt
We have also been working closely with Mark Williams Thomas, investigative journalist, who has shown a keen interest in seeing this case solved. History shows that we must stand up for justice wherever injustice is found. Women in Britain would still not have a say in our society if the Suffragettes and Suffragists had not fought and lobbied, long and hard, for votes for women.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #318 on: April 16, 2019, 06:06:03 PM »
The last thing I want to do is battle with you, Mistress of the Pass Ag,

Projecting as usual.  *&^^&

Your passive aggression is self evident in your posts http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8060.msg520787#msg520787

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #319 on: April 16, 2019, 08:22:52 PM »
Michelle Diskin Bates claims her brother was concerned he may become a suspect into Miss Dando’s murder because he had been spoken to following the 1992 murder of Rachel Nickell?

This suggests to me Barry George was already considered dangerous by the police.

“She tells the programme that knowing her brother the way she does, he could not be guilty.

"Everyone who knows Barry knows he is gentle and respectful.

"I've never seen anything in him to suggest he could murder someone. To kill you need to be cold - Barry is warm
."
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-58143/Wrong-man-convicted-Dando-killing-says-sister.html

Excerpt from “Stand Against Injustice by Michelle Diskin Bates (Sister of Barry George)

“On the morning of the murder, Barry awoke, got dressed, picked up a plastic supermarket bag loaded with documents and assorted pieces of paper and made his way on foot to Hammersmith and Fulham Action on Disability (HAFAD), a centre set up to aid people who need assistance with a variety of health and social related information. The office was located on Greswell Street, just off Fulham Palace Road. Arriving without an appointment, Barry was told he could not be seen without one, as this rule was strictly adhered to. Barry, being Barry, resisted this decision and became somewhat agitated. “I really need help with this today, it’s to do with my housing. I’m here now, and I have all of my papers with me. It doesn’t make sense for me to come back tomorrow, surely someone can see me, please?” He continued on, speaking about the problems he was having with a GP and about a legal issue to do with a cycling accident as well. This was not unusual behaviour for Barry. As part of his disability, he could not understand that his needs were not always immediate. If he needed something, then he needed it now! He would persist in seeking to have what he wanted and would use any verbal means to express his upset if thwarted. Appointments and rules just got in the way of him getting his problems sorted. Also, having an impaired short-term memory due to brain damage, he was likely to forget to attend to these documents if he didn’t do it right away,

“Two days after the killing, on the 28th April, Barry retraced his steps and returned to HAFAD and to Traffic Cars, the taxi company that had given him a free ride at 1pm on the day of the murder. He was concerned that he may become a suspect to the police for this killing and wanted to check out his times with them, also checking that they remembered him. This was what the police referred to as him ‘concocting an alibi’, but this was normal behaviour for this mentally disabled man, who was so frequently stopped by the police in the street. Normal behaviour, too, for a man who has no true concept of time as part of the myriad mental disabilities he was born with. Barry knew he would not be able to recall the details of that momentous day and that, as one of the local characters in Fulham, the police would be likely to want to speak with him. This was not paranoia. Barry had been pulled in by the police for the 1992 murder of Rachel Nickell, before the police and the Criminal Profiler Paul Britton set their nets for Colin Stagg.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:18:20 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #320 on: April 16, 2019, 09:37:36 PM »
What ‘Making a Murderer’ Reveals About the Justice System and Intellectual Disability
“I can’t stop thinking about Brendan Dassey. Like everyone with a Netflix account, I’ve spent the past few weeks riveted by the true-crime documentary Making a Murderer and its depiction of an outrageously compromised justice system. And though wrongly-convicted-and-then-maybe-wrongly-convicted-again Steve Avery is clearly the main subject of the series, his nephew’s fate is what haunts me. The young man whose confession of a gruesome rape and murder is possibly coerced is described in the series as “learning disabled,” “not very smart,” and “really stupid” (that, chillingly, is Dassey’s self-assessment). When Dassey’s mother asks him what he thinks of his defense attorney, Dassey responds that he knows they both like cats

Dassey’s IQ is said to be around 70, in the “borderline” range — the border, that is, of intellectual disability. Despite the vague language used in the show, this is not about academic underperformance. A generation ago, Dassey would have been diagnosed with mild mental retardation. Two generations before that, he would have been — officially, medically — a “moron.”
These are dehumanizing words — words we rightly no longer use to describe people with cognitive disabilities. I raise them not to impugn Dassey, but rather to point out how implicit, systemic ableism — that is, discrimination against and fear of people with disabilities — has compounded the miscarriage of justice in every step of Dassey’s case. Not only was he subject to techniques that have been known to produce false confessions, but he also was isolated from anyone who could properly safeguard his rights as a person with cognitive disability. His public defender — that is, the person whose legal duty it was to be his advocate — showed neither compassion for nor basic understanding of Dassey’s disability. But hey, at least they both like cats.

“I have a brother whose IQ is a little below Dassey’s. My brother is a kind, moral man in his 40s. He lives in a group home for adults with disabilities. He has a high school diploma; he has held part-time jobs. He likes cats, too. From the documentary, I would guess that he is intellectually more limited than Dassey, but socially more competent. My brother is, I think, a person incapable of willful violence. But I couldn’t help wondering: What would he do if he, like Dassey, were confronted with police officers, investigators and lawyers who kept accusing him of lying? Would he, eventually, tell them what they want to hear? He knows he’s not supposed to lie, but he also desperately wants people to approve of him — for them to treat him like an adult, which they sometimes don’t. Which social imperative would win: the need to tell the truth, or the desire to be treated with dignity?

What strikes me as a strange mercy, in this imaginary, is that unlike Dassey, my brother “looks” disabled. If, God forbid, he were in legal trouble, just about any person with authority could be convinced that he was not entirely capable of advocating for his own best interests or understanding the gravity of the situation.
I recognize the irony here. The same logic that has sometimes led to discrimination and ostracism — the assumption that people with cognitive disabilities are fundamentally “abnormal,” and thus visibly different from people of average intelligence — just might protect my brother through the judicial process.
I wonder, when the judge denies Dassey’s request for a new lawyer in Making a Murderer Episode 4, just what he sees in the child in front of him. Does he take Dassey’s reticence and flat affect as defiance, the sulking of a dangerous teenager? Does he see any glimpse of what I keep seeing: a boy who knows, on a deep level, that he is not capable of the kind of self-assertion the system demands of him?
Of course, Dassey’s cognitive disabilities do not mean he is incapable of committing horrible acts. People with disabilities are not, despite what my grandma said, angels sent to teach “the rest of us” lessons about being kind to one another. Still, Making a Murderer, incisive as it is, barely grazes the legal and moral implications of Dassey’s disability status. Check out The Arc’s list of common responses people with intellectual disabilities might have when suspected of a crime:

Read more here https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news/what-making-a-murderer-reveals-about-the-justice-system-and-intellectual-disability-74126/

How do people with intellectual disability become victims of crime?
“Factors such as impaired cognitive abilities and judgment, physical disabilities, insufficient adaptive behaviors, constant interactions with "protectors" who exploit them, lack of knowledge on how to protect themselves and living and working in high-risk environments increase the vulnerability to victimization (Luckasson, 1992).

Crimes committed against people with intellectual disability are often labeled as abuse and neglect (rather than assault, rape or murder), which understates the criminal victimization problem. Many victims with intellectual disability may not report crimes because of their dependence on the abuser for basic survival needs. When victims do report crimes, police and court officials may not take the person's allegations seriously or be reluctant to get involved. Additionally, people with intellectual disability often don’t have access to the types of support and resources they need to prosecute.
https://www.thearc.org/what-we-do/resources/fact-sheets/criminal-justice

What disadvantages do people with intellectual disability face in the criminal justice system?

“Considering such extreme disadvantages, it is not surprising that people with intellectual disability are more likely to be arrested, convicted, sentenced to prison and victimized in prison. Once in the criminal justice system, these individuals are less likely to receive probation or parole and tend to serve longer sentences due to an inability to understand or adapt to prison rules. Some common responses from those with intellectual disability that may affect their ability to protect their rights include the following:

As suspects, individuals may:

not want their disability to be recognized (and try to cover it up)
not understand their rights but pretend to understand
not understand commands, instructions, etc.
be overwhelmed by police presence
act upset at being detained and/or try to run away
say what they think officers want to hear
have difficulty describing facts or details of offense
be the first to leave the scene of the crime, and the first to get caught
be confused about who is responsible for the crime and "confess" even though innocent

As victims, individuals may:
be easily victimized and targeted for victimization
be less likely or able to report victimization
be easily influenced by and eager to please others
think that how they have been treated is normal and not realize the victimization is a crime
think the perpetrator is a “friend”
be unaware of how serious or dangerous the situation is
not be considered as credible witnesses, even in situations where such concern is unwarranted
have very few ways to get help, get to a safe place or obtain victim services or counseling

https://www.thearc.org/what-we-do/resources/fact-sheets/criminal-justice
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:55:15 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #321 on: April 16, 2019, 10:44:48 PM »

”Erroneous conclusions were reached about the value of the evidence in the Barry George case. The defence arguments have been nothing more than ”diversionary tactics.

Interesting how Barry George’s sister thanks the jury and her choice of words - she says “they obviously worked very hard to correctly interpret the circumstantial evidence in this case”
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KOigQCQVj-os
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 11:06:46 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #322 on: April 16, 2019, 11:54:58 PM »
Psalm 27: 11-14 11. “Teach me your way, Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors. 12. Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, spouting malicious accusations. 13. I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. 14. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Michelle Diskin Bates uses the above psalm before getting started on chapter 1 of her book. In fact her entire book is littered with quotes from the bible and alleged internal dialogue she has with her god.

Following my experiences and in light of what I’ve learned since, I thought it worthwhile to post this:

3 ways Christians manipulate people without knowing it
"For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God." (John 3:20-21

Christians are told to deal with all things in the light. Simply put, we are to live honest lives, and all our dealings with people are to be characterized by honesty, transparency, and truth. We can't hide anything from God, and thus we should be true.

One of the things that Christians should avoid doing, then, is to manipulate people. Deceiving people for the purpose of acquiring something or having someone do something is a wrong thing to do. God Himself does not manipulate us into doing His will, so why should we?

That said, there are some Christians who manipulate the unsuspecting and the naïve. There are some Christians, on the other hand, who didn't want to manipulate people, but their actions and words still are deceitful and manipulative. Either way, we should be careful with them

“How Christians manipulate others
If you're a Christian who doesn't know if you're already being manipulated, or if you're a Christian serious in making sure you don't manipulate others, here are some common ways Christians manipulate people.

1) Using the name of God to make people believe what you say

If there's one way Christians use God's name in vain, it's to manipulate others. There are some who use God's name to convince people to believe them, or simply listen to them.

When a person keeps saying "God said" or "thus says the Lord" every time he or she starts explaining something, be careful. The Lord Jesus Himself said that many will come in His name, but they are fakes. They don't deserve our ears.

2) Quoting the Bible to back one's claim

Another way Christians manipulate others is by using God's word to back their claim. Peter said these people "twist [Scripture] to their own destruction" (see 2 Peter 3:16).

One common example is when an abusive husband demands that his wife respect and submit to him according to Ephesians 5:22, ignoring verse 25 that says he must love his wife like Christ loved the church. This can also happen the other way around, with an abusive wife.

Greedy ministers are also another example. They keep talking about tithes and offerings (Malachi 3:10) in order to get more money. They also emphasize their authority over the flock (Romans 13:1), forgetting that they are charged to take care of them (1 Peter 5:1-4) and not abuse them (Ezekiel 34:1-10).

3) Acting religious to make people think you're ok

This one is highly self-defeating. Many Christians act religious in an attempt to hide their struggles and failures. Using a language called "Christianese," such believers may or may not know it but they are operating under pride.

When they commit sin, for example, they start talking about grace and God's forgiveness. But when someone else falls, they suddenly focus on holiness and God's judgment. This, my friends, is hypocrisy at its finest.

Such people do this to gain the admiration of the naïve. They do this to get the spotlight. Again, they may or may not know it, but they are actually lying to themselves and to others.
https://www.christiantoday.com/article/3-ways-christians-manipulate-people-without-knowing-it/119819.htm
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 12:26:09 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #323 on: April 17, 2019, 07:26:37 AM »
Excerpt from “Stand Against Injustice by Michelle Diskin Bates (Sister of Barry George)

“........ This was not unusual behaviour for Barry. As part of his disability, he could not understand that his needs were not always immediate. If he needed something, then he needed it now! He would persist in seeking to have what he wanted and would use any verbal means to express his upset if thwarted. Appointments and rules just got in the way of him getting his problems sorted. Also, having an impaired short-term memory due to brain damage, he was likely to forget to attend to these documents if he didn’t do it right away,

“Barry had previously been convicted for attempted rape and indecent assault some years earlier, and he lived in the vicinity of Dando’s flat. When I ask Michelle about these serious charges, she doesn’t respond defensively or try to protect her brother; instead she explains, gently, that she too was horrified when she discovered the truth – and told her brother so: “I’m afraid he was given quite a tough time from me; he didn’t enjoy that visit one bit,” she says, briskly. “But I think it needs to be understood that Barry is like a nine-year-old boy living in an adult’s body. These things should not happen, and he knows right from wrong, but at the same time, he has a whole host of disabilities.”
https://www.premierchristianity.com/Past-Issues/2019/April-2019/My-brother-was-wrongly-convicted-of-murdering-Jill-Dando

It wasn’t just “verbal means” Barry George used to get what he wanted.

“As for Michelle, she now attends All Party Parliamentary Groups in parliament to advise on miscarriages of justice and share her story, but she’s humble about her role: “I have never felt that I have enough knowledge to look at somebody’s case and say: ‘Oh, clear miscarriage of justice’, but I will look at somebody’s information and see whether they require support. I am very happy to support families. It’s in a small way, but a small way makes a huge difference. Just to contact someone and say: ‘Keep going, you’re doing well.’ These things are so vital.
https://www.premierchristianity.com/Past-Issues/2019/April-2019/My-brother-was-wrongly-convicted-of-murdering-Jill-Dando

“It was a real shock to hear, sometime later, that the son, Jeremy Bamber, had been arrested for the killings…how was that possible when he was outside during the siege and everyone knew that? I presumed the police knew something we did not; there must have been strong evidence to convict a man of killing his entire family…I pushed my unease aside and got on with motherhood and my own life.

Since then I have revisited the facts of this case in light of so many high-profile miscarriage of justice cases coming to light, including that of my own brother, Barry George, for the murder of Jill Dando. More recently we’ve heard of the lies and cover-ups in the Hillsborough deaths and The Chilcot report exposing the same type of cover ups in the Iraqi war scandal. In the Bamber case I can find no evidence to convince me of the guilt of this man. Nothing that can account for a man languishing in jail for more than thirty years. How did a jury convict a young man without proof?
https://jeremybamber.blogspot.com/2016/08/justice-is-never-served-by-conviction.html
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 08:12:43 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #324 on: April 17, 2019, 12:55:22 PM »
Interesting to note Barry George and his sisters were allegedly witness to the Shepherds Bush murders.

“The Shepherd's Bush murders, also known as the Massacre of Braybrook Street, involved the murder of three police officers in London by Harry Roberts and two others in 1966

The officers had stopped to question the three occupants of a car waiting on Braybrook Street, near Wormwood Scrubs prison. Roberts shot dead Temporary Detective Constable David w..bwell and Detective Sergeant Christopher Head, whilst John Duddy, another occupant in the vehicle, shot dead Police Constable Geoffrey Fox.

The three suspects went on the run, initiating a large manhunt. All three were eventually arrested and subsequently sentenced to life imprisonment. Duddy died in prison in 1981. John Witney, the driver of the suspects' vehicle, was also convicted of the murders; he was released from prison in 1991 but was killed in 1999 in an unconnected incident. Roberts became one of the longest-serving prisoners in the country, serving 48 years before his controversial release in 2014.

Public sympathy for the families of the victims resulted in the establishment of the Police Dependants' Trust to assist the welfare of families of British police officers who have died in the line of duty.[2]

“The murders caused outrage in the United Kingdom and there were calls for the reintroduction of the recently abolished death penalty and for an increase in the number of police officers trained to use firearms (British police officers are normally unarmed). The Metropolitan Police Firearms Wing was established soon after the incident.

Six hundred Metropolitan Police officers lined the route of the three victims' funeral procession in Shepherd's Bush and a memorial service in Westminster Abbey was attended by Prime Minister Harold Wilson, Leader of the Opposition Edward Heath and many other dignitaries, as well as thousands of police officers from all over the country. More than one thousand members of the public stood in mourning outside the Abbey. Holiday camp owner Billy Butlin donated £250,000 to a new Police Dependants' Trust, and it had soon raised more than £1 million.

In 1988 the Police Memorial Trust established a stone memorial to the three officers at the site of the incident in Braybrook Street
.[9] https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepherd%27s_Bush_murders
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 01:02:23 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #325 on: April 17, 2019, 01:21:13 PM »
Interesting to note Barry George and his sisters were allegedly witness to the Shepherds Bush murders.

“The Shepherd's Bush murders, also known as the Massacre of Braybrook Street, involved the murder of three police officers in London by Harry Roberts and two others in 1966

The officers had stopped to question the three occupants of a car waiting on Braybrook Street, near Wormwood Scrubs prison. Roberts shot dead Temporary Detective Constable David w..bwell and Detective Sergeant Christopher Head, whilst John Duddy, another occupant in the vehicle, shot dead Police Constable Geoffrey Fox.

The three suspects went on the run, initiating a large manhunt. All three were eventually arrested and subsequently sentenced to life imprisonment. Duddy died in prison in 1981. John Witney, the driver of the suspects' vehicle, was also convicted of the murders; he was released from prison in 1991 but was killed in 1999 in an unconnected incident. Roberts became one of the longest-serving prisoners in the country, serving 48 years before his controversial release in 2014.

Public sympathy for the families of the victims resulted in the establishment of the Police Dependants' Trust to assist the welfare of families of British police officers who have died in the line of duty.[2]

“The murders caused outrage in the United Kingdom and there were calls for the reintroduction of the recently abolished death penalty and for an increase in the number of police officers trained to use firearms (British police officers are normally unarmed). The Metropolitan Police Firearms Wing was established soon after the incident.

Six hundred Metropolitan Police officers lined the route of the three victims' funeral procession in Shepherd's Bush and a memorial service in Westminster Abbey was attended by Prime Minister Harold Wilson, Leader of the Opposition Edward Heath and many other dignitaries, as well as thousands of police officers from all over the country. More than one thousand members of the public stood in mourning outside the Abbey. Holiday camp owner Billy Butlin donated £250,000 to a new Police Dependants' Trust, and it had soon raised more than £1 million.

In 1988 the Police Memorial Trust established a stone memorial to the three officers at the site of the incident in Braybrook Street
.[9] https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepherd%27s_Bush_murders

Glen Hazel, another witness, who was also aged 11 at the time, appears to have seen the same/similar to what Michelle Diskin Bates describes in her book.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29737668
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 01:32:11 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #326 on: April 17, 2019, 07:57:07 PM »
The sole piece of forensic evidence used at this trial was later found to have been fatally flawed.

For all we know they may have found BG guilty exclusively on the particle of gunshot residue

What about the fibre evidence?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #327 on: April 17, 2019, 10:24:45 PM »
“Two trials and two appeals later, Barry George has spent eight years in prison.

He spent 12 months in Belmarsh prison, south London, which he described as "hell". Continually stared at and heckled, George said he kept his head down, never spoke to anyone and stayed close to prison wardens. He was frightened when inmates spat in his food. He was also placed on suicide watch in a single cell after attempting to hang himself using rope made from bedsheets. The presence of Jeffrey Archer around the same time, he said, took some of the attention away.

George was transferred in 2002 to HMP Whitemoor, a high-security prison in Cambridgeshire and home to some of the country's most notorious killers including Kenneth Noye and Jeremy Bamber. He became prisoner FF5227, where he occupied a single cell in C-wing and earned the privilege of a television.

In a 2002 Sunday Mirror interview with Don Hale, the journalist who fought to free Stephen Downing, who was wrongly jailed for murder in 1974, Hale said George spent his time reading or watching TV, where his favourite programme was Top of the Pops.

But George was convinced he would die violently in prison. He told Hale: "It is just a matter of time before I am killed ... I think I will die in prison. Somebody will have me done away. I never shot Jill, never did it, but I don't think people in authority want to know. They would rather I die and the whole thing go away. I keep telling them that I didn't do it and that somebody in the underworld was responsible, but they just don't want to know or help me.

"I don't like to let the warders out of my sight ... I feel there is a contract out on my head and one of the prisoners is just waiting for the right time to strike. A few come up to me in the dinner queue and say 'watch your back mate, they are after you'. Lots of the prisoners liked Jill and blamed me for murdering her."

George said sometime later he managed to gain some credibility with prisoners who believed Dando was killed by underworld figures.

"Lots have come up to me and said 'we know you didn't do it, murder Jill'. They believe me now. Before, I was always getting threatened. They used to call me s..m and spit in my tea. Now the other prisoners have been better with me. "

George was transferred back to Belmarsh in November last year, where he placed himself on the "vulnerable prisoner" list at the jail, used to keep track of prisoners who are concerned about their safety or are unwell. His family and sister, Michelle Diskin, could not visit while he was on this list. A family member said at the time: "We don't know why he has placed himself on the list."
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/aug/02/jilldando.ukcrime1
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:27:54 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #328 on: April 17, 2019, 10:29:35 PM »
“Two trials and two appeals later, Barry George has spent eight years in prison.

He spent 12 months in Belmarsh prison, south London, which he described as "hell". Continually stared at and heckled, George said he kept his head down, never spoke to anyone and stayed close to prison wardens. He was frightened when inmates spat in his food. He was also placed on suicide watch in a single cell after attempting to hang himself using rope made from bedsheets. The presence of Jeffrey Archer around the same time, he said, took some of the attention away.

George was transferred in 2002 to HMP Whitemoor, a high-security prison in Cambridgeshire and home to some of the country's most notorious killers including Kenneth Noye and Jeremy Bamber. He became prisoner FF5227, where he occupied a single cell in C-wing and earned the privilege of a television.

In a 2002 Sunday Mirror interview with Don Hale, the journalist who fought to free Stephen Downing, who was wrongly jailed for murder in 1974, Hale said George spent his time reading or watching TV, where his favourite programme was Top of the Pops.

But George was convinced he would die violently in prison. He told Hale: "It is just a matter of time before I am killed ... I think I will die in prison. Somebody will have me done away. I never shot Jill, never did it, but I don't think people in authority want to know. They would rather I die and the whole thing go away. I keep telling them that I didn't do it and that somebody in the underworld was responsible, but they just don't want to know or help me.

"I don't like to let the warders out of my sight ... I feel there is a contract out on my head and one of the prisoners is just waiting for the right time to strike. A few come up to me in the dinner queue and say 'watch your back mate, they are after you'. Lots of the prisoners liked Jill and blamed me for murdering her."

George said sometime later he managed to gain some credibility with prisoners who believed Dando was killed by underworld figures.

"Lots have come up to me and said 'we know you didn't do it, murder Jill'. They believe me now. Before, I was always getting threatened. They used to call me s..m and spit in my tea. Now the other prisoners have been better with me. "

George was transferred back to Belmarsh in November last year, where he placed himself on the "vulnerable prisoner" list at the jail, used to keep track of prisoners who are concerned about their safety or are unwell. His family and sister, Michelle Diskin, could not visit while he was on this list. A family member said at the time: "We don't know why he has placed himself on the list."
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/aug/02/jilldando.ukcrime1

Michelle Diskin Bates does mention Jeffrey Archer in her book but no mention of her brothers alleged attempted suicide?

There’s also no mention of Don Hale?

“Don Hale, who shot to fame when he helped clear Stephen Downing of the 1973 "Bakewell murder" of Wendy Sewell, says he now has evidence suggesting Barry George, the man convicted of Jill Dando's murder, did not shoot the BBC presenter.
Hale, who was asked by George's family to investigate the case, was visiting the area to speak to journalism students at Salford University last Friday. He explained how he was the only journalist to have visited George in prison, and did not believe he was guilty.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/don-digs-deep-to-help-case-1157985

“I was called in after he lost his appeal and pretty much had to start from scratch," he said. "I was the only journalist that was allowed to see Barry and I spent three hours with him.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/freedom-bid-man-who-shot-2933917

“Don Hale is undoubtedly best known for his involvement in the cases of wrongly convicted murderers Stephen Downing and Barry George who were both released after the tireless work of Don and others in over-turning a gross miscarriage of justice
http://www.donhale.co.uk/
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 11:50:47 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #329 on: April 18, 2019, 12:01:38 AM »

Don Hale OBE
@perryscope21
·
Apr 4
Hamish Campbell said on TV that the tall dark man seen walking away from Jill's home by a neighbour was her probable killer - yet he arrests Barry George who was the complete opposite of this description. Many leads ignored.
Quote Tweet

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
 · Apr 4
Replying to @perryscope21
Thank you Don. No ‘right of reply’ either. They spoke with me on courtesy calls, but no warning as to the content. The only thing they did was to NOT describe Barry’s autism in disparaging terms...oddball, weirdo. They obviously couldn’t find a better word for Loner though 😡

Don Hale OBE
@perryscope21
·
Apr 4
It was interesting to note that many of Jill Dando's family and friends never thought Barry George was responsible for her murder. Some of his team allegedly had reservations too and believed he was about to arrest a neighbour before Barry's name cropped up.
Quote Tweet

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
 · Apr 4
Replying to @perryscope21
The programme shocked me, it was outrageous that they gave an ex cop, of a failed investigation a huge platform, then used leading questions to reach their objective. They knew my book outlines the flaws in the investigation, but chose to sideline that.

Don Hale OBE
@perryscope21
·
Apr 4
The documentary was very biased and one sided. Nothing new. No interview with Barry George and his family, no acknowledgement Campbell made a complete hash of the police inquiry and no apology to an innocent man.
Quote Tweet

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
 · Apr 3
“...undeveloped film, and a collection of cuttings about Dando.”
Is it only Hamish Campbell who doesn’t know this is a lie? Two trials both knew there were no cuttings, underlining or other markings on the magazines. Campbell saw cuttings?
(link: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/apr/02/the-murder-of-jill-dando-review) theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2…

https://mobile.twitter.com/perryscope21?lang=en