Author Topic: Suggest and discuss misnomers and falicies here  (Read 4434 times)

Offline Angelo222

Suggest and discuss misnomers and falicies here
« on: March 07, 2012, 08:14:10 AM »
Good morning all. I thought this would be a good idea to have a dedicated discussion thread since the actual list is locked.

Imo the whole idea of a misnomer list is a stroke of genius since it will let new readers see within minutes what crazy theories are being promoted bt Tesko.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

Re: Suggest and discuss misnomers and falicies here
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 08:18:13 AM »
I also have an idea for the next one and that is the misnomer that Sheila was proficient in handling the rifle as she obviously wasn"t. She hated guns, wouldn't even let Daniel or Nicholas have toy guns and she hadn't fired a gun for yonks. Bamber was known to have tried to get her to load and fire a rifle but she laughed it off. Was this a part of his grand plan?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:20:41 AM by David »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 09:56:48 AM »
I agree ... excellent work.
Another misnomer is the often repeated 'story' that Julie Mugford lied about Jeremy because she was a 'woman scorned' when Bamber finished with her. 

When Bamber was first arrested and questioned he said Julie is lying because he had dumped her. DS Stan Jones questioned Julie and asked her does she have any evidence that  she had mentioned Bamber being involved in the murders before finishing with Bamber. Julie said indeed she does; she had kept a private diary that is very damning to Bamber and even more convincing she had confided in her friend Lizzie Rimmington a week before splitting with Bamber that he was involved in the murders. 

DS Stan Jones immediately questioned Lizzie Rimmington and she made a full statement confiming the conversation in detail she had had with Julie.  Lizzie also confirmed this was over a week before Julie split with Bamber. Julie's diary notes are available to read and completely support her version of events.     

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 10:07:39 AM »
From what statements I have read it wopuld appear that it was julie who formally ended the relationship that day when she heard him on the phone to an old flame. Bamber didn't have the guts to dump her outright just in case she grassed him in.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 12:37:44 PM »
From what statements I have read it wopuld appear that it was julie who formally ended the relationship that day when she heard him on the phone to an old flame. Bamber didn't have the guts to dump her outright just in case she grassed him in.
That is also true John. Yet another reason why the 'woman scorned' theory is utter piffle.

I thought it was funny that when Bamber found out Julie had been to the police he sent her a little "I love you" note hoping to stop her telling the truth about him .... too late Jeremy, your goose was in the oven by then and beginning to cook!

Offline Admin

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 03:52:34 AM »
Keep the misnomers coming guys...the more the merrier.   8@??)(

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 08:35:00 AM »
I also have an idea for the next one and that is the misnomer that Sheila was proficient in handling the rifle as she obviously wasn"t. She hated guns, wouldn't even let Daniel or Nicholas have toy guns and she hadn't fired a gun for yonks. Bamber was known to have tried to get her to load and fire a rifle but she laughed it off. Was this a part of his grand plan?

Good point Dave. I don't believe there's any evidence or testimony that Sheila ever fired a gun. There is testimony that Sheila hated guns and according to the twins father she wouldn't have known 'one end of a rifle from the other'.

Offline Admin

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 08:49:20 AM »
We have had numerous contacts behind the scenes on Twitter and one of them is from a guy who used to see Sheila socially before she met Colin.

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 07:08:17 PM »
Can you tell us what he said and does it have some relevance to the murders?

Offline Claudia

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 09:37:40 PM »
One of Sheila's old boyfriends possibly.  i assume he wishes to remain anonymous for now?