Author Topic: ‘Maddie police were ignored’ Detectives have waited five months for Scotland Yard leads.  (Read 11541 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

I don't believe that to be at all true...quoting fantasy as fact
It is a question of mind over matter ; I don't mind that your opinion doesn't matter.

.quoting fantasy as fact...hahahahahahahahaha  Clarence, Mitchell, Gerry's sister...

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline ShiningInLuz

Again it looks like it is getting a bit heated, for reasons I do not understand.  Could you kindly ensure your post is within the forum rules?

It would make my task so much easier.

Thank you.
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

As this is a UK forum, calling someone a defendant implies they have been charged, which if you are a supporter, which Brietta you are, then this would validate your argument that three people are 'in the frame' so to speak. A bit disingenuous in my opinion.
Blaming google translation is a cop out. You knew what you were doing (that lost i translation malarkey, won't wash).

So for the record, lets be clear about this. No one in Portugal is being held to account for the disappearance of Little Maddie, and the UK press via 'family sources' are feeding BS to the public and people on  this forum are trying to validate these'publicity seeking' claims.  To try and keep any suspicion about them at arms lenght.

Not if you are using a perfectly acceptable word translated directly from an article in the Portuguese press.  I refer you to Carana's post above.

Does anyone with familiarity of the machinations of the press still take at face value any unattributed article printed in the tabloids of whatever nation? or doing the rounds on social media?
Part of the modern school curriculum devotes time to exactly that ... hopefully that will enable future generations to differentiate the wheat from the chaff andwon't suffer from having the wool pulled over their eyes in the way you think the present one does.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

The Portuguese Police are now sitting around twiddling their thumbs while SY decide how to exit graciously from this case after spending £11 quid on a ghost hunt.  You couldn't make it up if you tried!

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:12:43 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

For anyone interested, there's an old thread involving what arguido could mean.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2127.75

Offline Angelo222

For anyone interested, there's an old thread involving what arguido could mean.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2127.75

It can mean several things in English eg witness, accused  or suspect.   The term is unique to the Portuguese legal code so any attempt to give it English significance would be futile.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:19:37 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

It can mean several things in English eg witness, accused  or suspect.

It can also mean defendant in the context of a trial - and that seems to be the automatic translation via Google, but which isn't the most accurate one in this instance.