Author Topic: Who will be the next leader of the Conservative Party and by default, the PM?  (Read 60111 times)

Offline Carana

I guess she does not want him outside the tent pissing in.
It is a smooth move in my book.

Oddly enough, I was wondering if that was the case as well. Maybe he'll get stuck on a line again somewhere between the UK and China.

stephen25000

American reaction from the appointment of Boris Johnson, just on Sky News...................

'You have to be kidding'

From the German Foreign Secretary  'Boris Johnson is an irresponsible politician', again on Sky News.

Offline Carana

American reaction from the appointment of Boris Johnson, just on Sky News...................

'You have to be kidding'

From the German Foreign Secretary  'Boris Johnson is an irresponsible politician', again on Sky News.

I'm having the same thoughts as Alice on this...

stephen25000

I'm having the same thoughts as Alice on this...

I read Alice's comment on this.

However, though appreciating his point, I would suggest Johnson is a loose cannon who often talks before he thinks, and his history of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, along with telling lies which lost him his first job in journalism is well known.

Uncountably he uses the buffoon as a shell, but  I still believe he harbours a drive to get to number 10, and if May fails.....

stephen25000

Offline Alice Purjorick

To put B.J,now there's an unfortunate set of initials, in perspective consider William Hague UK Foreign Secretary being one of Hillary Clinton's chief "agreers" and petticoat tuggers when she proposed and he agreed, as all good agreers do, siding with ISIL against Assad. Back in the days when good ol' Hills was Secretary of State.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

I read Alice's comment on this.

However, though appreciating his point, I would suggest Johnson is a loose cannon who often talks before he thinks, and his history of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, along with telling lies which lost him his first job in journalism is well known.

Uncountably he uses the buffoon as a shell, but  I still believe he harbours a drive to get to number 10, and if May fails.....

I don't see the contradiction.... in the short term, IYSWIM

Offline Carana

Then there's this.................

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/theres-theory-boris-johnsons-appointment-080201790.html

Mmm.

I see what you mean.

Three possibilities:

- He'll grow up
- He won't
- He'll pretend to

stephen25000

I see what you mean.

Three possibilities:

- He'll grow up
- He won't
- He'll pretend to

Those Carana would appear to be the three most likely outcomes.

stephen25000

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:28:42 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Carana

Those Carana would appear to be the three most likely outcomes.

If confirmed, Jeremy Hunt remains as health secretary.

She couldn't possibly be making certain people put their money where their mouths once were... could she?

Offline Carana

The Guardian reports that the French Foreign Minister has called  B.J.  'A liar'.

It will all work out....

stephen25000

It will all work out....

B.J. at his best as a D.H. 8(0(*

Allegedly, of course.

Offline Carana

I've just realised the connotations of an earlier comment of mine.

It wasn't intentional.

On the other hand...

stephen25000

I've just realised the connotations of an earlier comment of mine.

It wasn't intentional.

On the other hand...

8(0(*