Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408751 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #1485 on: July 10, 2020, 09:37:25 AM »
Excuse my ignorance folks but at what point in time was GA removed from the investigation and replaced by Mr Rebelo (? Name/spelling?)
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1486 on: July 10, 2020, 09:55:55 AM »
You can never get away from the fact....PJ shelved the case as lack of evidence..that doesn't mean no evidence.

The case was shelved as unsolved...you know full well the mcs were not cleared of any involvement how ever you spin your opinions. D

I suggest the Portuguese were precipitate in writing Madeleine off before all the evidence had been rigorously tested and we know from the volume discovered when her case was reviewed by Scotland Yard in 2010.

A prime example of the evidence ignored by the Judicial police was the phone traffic evidence.
I think that after Amaral found nothing incriminating the McCanns and being refused permission to tap their phones he lost interest in taking the information further.

His huge mistake was in not following the evidence he had but in twisting the 'evidence' he did not have. As far as all the phone traffic on the night of Madeleine's disappearance is concerned I think that may be his greatest mistake.

Heri was able to follow it far enough to be able to identify suspects who fitted the profile ... imagine what he could have achieved if he had had all the information to hand as Amaral did.

The difference being that Heri had an open mind and wanted to solve the case ~ as far as Amaral was concerned he (Amaral) was convinced he already had.
Some hours spent by a telecommunications expert back in 2007 using the evidence already in their hands might well have tole a different story.  I think Amaral must be a very worried man right now.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1487 on: July 10, 2020, 10:02:05 AM »
No, but it's daft to think he wasn't in the loop....or be privy to what others thoughts were on the case. IMO.

I don't think he was 'in the loop'.  Gossip perhaps ~ prejudice perhaps ~ chagrin at not being invited within 'the loop' perhaps.  But at the moment I think he is probably a little red faced about it all.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline kizzy

« Reply #1488 on: July 10, 2020, 10:05:52 AM »
I suggest the Portuguese were precipitate in writing Madeleine off before all the evidence had been rigorously tested and we know from the volume discovered when her case was reviewed by Scotland Yard in 2010.

A prime example of the evidence ignored by the Judicial police was the phone traffic evidence.
I think that after Amaral found nothing incriminating the McCanns and being refused permission to tap their phones he lost interest in taking the information further.

His huge mistake was in not following the evidence he had but in twisting the 'evidence' he did not have. As far as all the phone traffic on the night of Madeleine's disappearance is concerned I think that may be his greatest mistake.

Heri was able to follow it far enough to be able to identify suspects who fitted the profile ... imagine what he could have achieved if he had had all the information to hand as Amaral did.

The difference being that Heri had an open mind and wanted to solve the case ~ as far as Amaral was concerned he (Amaral) was convinced he already had.
Some hours spent by a telecommunications expert back in 2007 using the evidence already in their hands might well have tole a different story.  I think Amaral must be a very worried man right now.

So going back to what my point was.... it's not there was no evidence seems just not enough

"The archiving of the case was determined by the fact that public prosecutors hadn't managed to obtain sufficient evidence of the practice of crimes by the appellants.
"There is therefore a significant, and not merely a semantic difference, between the legally admissible foundations of the archive ruling. It doesn't therefore seem acceptable that the ruling, based on the insufficiency of evidence, should be equated to proof of innocence."

"However even the archive ruling raises serious concerns relating to the truth of the allegation that Madeleine was kidnapped."

Offline kizzy

« Reply #1489 on: July 10, 2020, 10:10:34 AM »
I don't think he was 'in the loop'.  Gossip perhaps ~ prejudice perhaps ~ chagrin at not being invited within 'the loop' perhaps.  But at the moment I think he is probably a little red faced about it all.

But at the moment I think he is probably a little red faced about it all.

I think Amaral must be a very worried man right now.

All based on what seems gossip also.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1490 on: July 10, 2020, 10:12:52 AM »

So going back to what my point was.... it's not there was no evidence seems just not enough

"The archiving of the case was determined by the fact that public prosecutors hadn't managed to obtain sufficient evidence of the practice of crimes by the appellants.
"There is therefore a significant, and not merely a semantic difference, between the legally admissible foundations of the archive ruling. It doesn't therefore seem acceptable that the ruling, based on the insufficiency of evidence, should be equated to proof of innocence."

"However even the archive ruling raises serious concerns relating to the truth of the allegation that Madeleine was kidnapped."

The original said no evidence...the SC changed it to not enough. Pedro da Carmo ...when head of the PJ said not enough.

I hope if CB isn't charged you are insistant it's because not enough evidence and he hasn't been cleared...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1491 on: July 10, 2020, 10:13:57 AM »
But at the moment I think he is probably a little red faced about it all.

I think Amaral must be a very worried man right now.

All based on what seems gossip also.
It depends what strong evidence the Germans hsve

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1492 on: July 10, 2020, 10:15:48 AM »

Evidence so incredibly strong that it isn't enough to charge, convict or even begin questioning the suspect over.

That kind of strong evidence.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #1493 on: July 10, 2020, 10:16:17 AM »

But the phone data was captured so nothing has prevented others re-examining?  Indeed even 13 years on investigators have highlighted two tel numbers which are the subject of a current appeal.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1494 on: July 10, 2020, 10:17:16 AM »

And my point is that there was an abundance of evidence which was not fully investigated at the time ... all of which pointed away from parental involvement.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #1495 on: July 10, 2020, 10:17:50 AM »

That's not an answer its just your shot in the dark.

My shot is it could be your HCW....who is in the firing line lol

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1496 on: July 10, 2020, 10:20:42 AM »
But the phone data was captured so nothing has prevented others re-examining?  Indeed even 13 years on investigators have highlighted two tel numbers which are the subject of a current appeal.

Check one of Gunit's posts (I think) where she pointed out Heri was not allowed access.  So unless part of an official police investigation access is not as easy as you seem to think.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #1497 on: July 10, 2020, 10:22:33 AM »
And my point is that there was an abundance of evidence which was not fully investigated at the time ... all of which pointed away from parental involvement.

the archive ruling raises serious concerns relating to the truth of the allegation that Madeleine was kidnapped.

It didn't point away, in my opinion, there was just too much interference from the UK

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1498 on: July 10, 2020, 10:28:48 AM »
the archive ruling raises serious concerns relating to the truth of the allegation that Madeleine was kidnapped.

It didn't point away, in my opinion, there was just too much interference from the UK

In my opinion the archiving of Madeleine's case has proved a huge embarrassment for Portugal and as time and events move on that embarrassment can only be intensified.

Is there another jurisdiction in the civilised world which would write off a missing child appx eighteen months after her disappearance?

Offline jassi

« Reply #1499 on: July 10, 2020, 10:36:49 AM »
I don't think they are embarrassed at all.
They determined who was responsible, decided they couldn't prove anything one way or another, so closed the case and moved on.

IMO
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 06:19:20 PM by John »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future