Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408751 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #1800 on: July 19, 2020, 09:57:18 AM »

If anything shows the absolute ineptitude of Amaral's conduct of Madeleine's case it has to be the revelation that the Portuguese already had a file on Brueckner giving them enough information to make him a person of interest  http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11585.msg610539#msg610539

Yet not only did a person with his profile who was resident in Luz not appear on the police radar ... Amaral never once looked beyond the involvement of Madeleine's parents.

In my opinion Amaral's single minded campaign of destruction regarding them ever since verges on criminal negligence.

The local burglars questioned in 2014 were overlooked by Amaral's investigation ... as quite obviously were others who should have merited being looked at with as much vigour as were the parents and their friends.
Brueckner is the proof of that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1801 on: July 19, 2020, 10:00:16 AM »
I truly admire people who know their way around a computer. I cracked my iPad screen and tried to fix it myself.....suffice to say I ended up buying a new iPad.

Thanks for the compliment...i'm repairing  a couple of laptops at the moment. All you need to do is use google/youtube...theres loads of info there.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1802 on: July 19, 2020, 10:11:46 AM »
It would be an absolute hoot Eleanor. Who knows one day if I’m passing your way I might just pop in to say hello.

You would be welcome.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1803 on: July 19, 2020, 02:28:38 PM »
Today on the forum http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11585.msg610642#msg610642

Is this the "interference" of which Amaral has complained about over the years ...

Snip
BRITISH police warned Portuguese detectives Madeleine McCann’s disappearance could be linked to a German-based child-trafficker - just days after she vanished.

In the immediate aftermath of her vanishing, the Serious Organised Crime Agency sent an alert marked “urgent” to their counterparts working the case on the Algarve.

In it they urged those searching for Madeleine to probe links to a German sex offender whose surname was given as “Meissner” but who was known to use aliases.

It also said he was linked to other paedophiles - one of whom was named as Frankel.

The memo said the sex-offenders were involved in trafficking.

A source close to the case said these details now take on “huge significance” given the events of the past seven days.

Not least because police in Germany are actively investigating the scenario that Christian B - a known German paedophile - was behind the disappearance of Madeleine.

“This looks like the latest in what is emerging as a string of missed opportunities to properly investigate the case,” the source said.

“It shows that in the immediate aftermath of the disappearance the police in the UK were linking it, straight away, to a ring which led back to Germany.

“This development throws up a lot of questions that need to be answered. Not least who were these men? Were they ever traced? And did they know or have any links to Christian B?

"Even now both of these individuals must be found and spoken to because they could hold vital clues about what happened to Madeleine."

Details of the potential blunder comes amid mounting criticism of the Portuguese police’s handling of the case.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11804930/madeleine-cops-warned-german-based-child-trafficker/
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1804 on: July 19, 2020, 02:40:15 PM »
Today on the forum http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11585.msg610642#msg610642

Is this the "interference" of which Amaral has complained about over the years ...

Snip
BRITISH police warned Portuguese detectives Madeleine McCann’s disappearance could be linked to a German-based child-trafficker - just days after she vanished.

In the immediate aftermath of her vanishing, the Serious Organised Crime Agency sent an alert marked “urgent” to their counterparts working the case on the Algarve.

In it they urged those searching for Madeleine to probe links to a German sex offender whose surname was given as “Meissner” but who was known to use aliases.

It also said he was linked to other paedophiles - one of whom was named as Frankel.

A source close to the case said these details now take on “huge significance” given the events of the past seven days.

Not least because police in Germany are actively investigating the scenario that Christian B - a known German paedophile - was behind the disappearance of Madeleine.

“This looks like the latest in what is emerging as a string of missed opportunities to properly investigate the case,” the source said.

“It shows that in the immediate aftermath of the disappearance the police in the UK were linking it, straight away, to a ring which led back to Germany.

“This development throws up a lot of questions that need to be answered. Not least who were these men? Were they ever traced? And did they know or have any links to Christian B?

"Even now both of these individuals must be found and spoken to because they could hold vital clues about what happened to Madeleine."

Details of the potential blunder comes amid mounting criticism of the Portuguese police’s handling of the case.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11804930/madeleine-cops-warned-german-based-child-trafficker/

Well OG have had 9 years to find and speak to these men. Have they ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1805 on: July 19, 2020, 03:10:46 PM »
Well OG have had 9 years to find and speak to these men. Have they ?

Apparently not.  It is a Portuguese Case.  Or so we have been told, frequently.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1806 on: July 19, 2020, 03:22:45 PM »
So just what have been doing all these years ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1807 on: July 19, 2020, 03:33:02 PM »
Apparently not.  It is a Portuguese Case.  Or so we have been told, frequently.

That never stopped them before.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1808 on: July 19, 2020, 04:23:39 PM »
That never stopped them before.

Please don't be silly.  The UK has no Jurisdiction, so it is pointless to pretend that they have.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1809 on: July 19, 2020, 04:43:58 PM »
Please don't be silly.  The UK has no Jurisdiction, so it is pointless to pretend that they have.

LP seem to have accepted every sighting they were given and sent them to Portugal. The PJ were literally buried by them imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1810 on: July 19, 2020, 04:48:34 PM »
LP seem to have accepted every sighting they were given and sent them to Portugal. The PJ were literally buried by them imo.

Oh Dear.  Poor old them.  So The PJ didn't have the time to deal with this?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1811 on: July 19, 2020, 05:14:18 PM »
There is absolutely no defence for you to suggest that the PJ and Amaral were overwhelmed by the volume of information coming in unless you can prove they bothered to check it.  Did they act on the information they were given in the very early days after Madeleine disappeared.
Amaral never mentions any of it in his book ... only that his waking thoughts on the 4th May lay in an entirely different direction.

The link provided https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11804930/madeleine-cops-warned-german-based-child-trafficker/ refers to information received from the British Serious Organised Crime Agency which was marked as "urgent".

The Portuguese ... therefore Amaral ... were alerted "in the immediate aftermath" of Madeleine's disappearance.

Therefore it is not a case of being wise after the event.  Amaral and the Portuguese were warned by fellow professional crime fighters of a situation which chillingly reflects today's happenings concerning Brueckner.

It appears that target was neglected for the soft target represented by Madeleine's mother and exploited to the nth degree by Amaral.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1812 on: July 19, 2020, 05:15:11 PM »

Snip

Almost correct, but not quite...action was taken;

Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1813 on: July 19, 2020, 05:18:49 PM »
Almost correct, but not quite...action was taken;

Confirmation the information was received by the Portuguese and Amaral;  do you have a cite detailing what they actually did with it if anything?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1814 on: July 19, 2020, 05:24:57 PM »
Confirmation the information was received by the Portuguese and Amaral;  do you have a cite detailing what they actually did with it if anything?

The Germans were asked about these men by Interpol. What do you think the PJ should have done, asked them again?
Result = happy posting.