Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408168 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #1860 on: July 21, 2020, 12:10:39 AM »
My opinion? Kate McCann stated her intentions for her future quite clearly, and it didn't include being a medical worker, whatever that is.

Kate launched into her role as an ambassador for a variety of kids' charities last week, attending a lunch for Missing Children Europe.

Her focus will also include continuing her push for tougher laws across the continent to protect the young from paedophiles...

Last night Kate's mum Susan Healey, 61, said her daughter has no intention of returning to work as a GP. She said: "It is definite now. One of her main goals in life is to work with children and assist with child safety."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/kate-quits-as-gp-to-work-for-kids-1649946

Gerry McCann became involved in Hacked Off, and gave speeches and interviews on the subject but not any more, although they haven't achieved their goals.

In my opinion they weren't able to continue to campaign publicly for the causes they got involved with because their unpopularity made their involvement unhelpful.

Allow me to say I am astounded by and actually very saddened for you on reading that post.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #1861 on: July 21, 2020, 02:22:12 AM »
As the case coordinator I imagine Amaral could be expected to have his finger on the pulse ... yet it took him until 2000 to give out information which led journalists to identify Brueckner.

It took him until 2000 to admit the police had visited Brueckner who apparently wasn't in when they called.

And Journalists have happened upon information complete with mug shots from police files showing that the Portuguese Police knew about Brueckner and the fact he was guilty of sexual offences against children from before 2007.

They didn't get that using a FOI request , did they?  Maybe some in the Judicial Police are following the tradition of leaking to the press. 
Now there's a thought ;)

As top drugs cop in the Algarve, I find it surprising that Amaral hadn't found out a few things about Bruckner already.   And that because of this he would surely have a special interest in him .. and watch him more carefully?

From recent reports, it seems that quite a number of people knew that Bruckner was supplying drugs, yet after several years Amaral still didn't know ?   Ah well, perhaps he isn't a very good sleuth.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1862 on: July 21, 2020, 08:41:06 AM »
Allow me to say I am astounded by and actually very saddened for you on reading that post.

Allow me to reply.

Your 'emotional' responses don't interest me in the slightest.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1863 on: July 21, 2020, 09:03:27 AM »
As top drugs cop in the Algarve, I find it surprising that Amaral hadn't found out a few things about Bruckner already.   And that because of this he would surely have a special interest in him .. and watch him more carefully?

From recent reports, it seems that quite a number of people knew that Bruckner was supplying drugs, yet after several years Amaral still didn't know ?   Ah well, perhaps he isn't a very good sleuth.

I have wondered about that, Sadie.

Brueckner doesn't appear to have much of a criminal record in Portugal given accounts by his friends of prolific and lucrative wrong doing.
I mean did no-one wonder where the money for the Winnebego came from.  Even second hand as Myster thinks it could have been, it represents a big chunk of anyone's budget, not to mention someone's who was allegedly doing odd jobs in exchange for a shower.

I think it is possible Brueckner might have been acting as a police informant and was known to them in that role.
Maybe they couldn't see beyond that role as they built reputations on clearing drug heists with their informant benefiting from a bit of quid pro quo?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 09:10:50 AM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1864 on: July 21, 2020, 09:06:43 AM »
My opinion? Kate McCann stated her intentions for her future quite clearly, and it didn't include being a medical worker, whatever that is.

Kate launched into her role as an ambassador for a variety of kids' charities last week, attending a lunch for Missing Children Europe.

Her focus will also include continuing her push for tougher laws across the continent to protect the young from paedophiles...

Last night Kate's mum Susan Healey, 61, said her daughter has no intention of returning to work as a GP. She said: "It is definite now. One of her main goals in life is to work with children and assist with child safety."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/kate-quits-as-gp-to-work-for-kids-1649946

Gerry McCann became involved in Hacked Off, and gave speeches and interviews on the subject but not any more, although they haven't achieved their goals.

In my opinion they weren't able to continue to campaign publicly for the causes they got involved with because their unpopularity made their involvement unhelpful.

Total sceptic bisased bitchiness....IMO

Offline Lace

« Reply #1865 on: July 21, 2020, 09:09:26 AM »

I think you are under the illusion that the McCann's are unpopular with the majority of the British people. Forums  Facebook groups   people who rush to spill their spite on newspaper comments pages,  do not pass for the majority of the British people.   Kate felt that she could do some good by helping the Missing People charity and good for her.   Now Kate is a medical worker and Gerry a Professor.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1866 on: July 21, 2020, 09:09:38 AM »
Allow me to reply.

Your 'emotional' responses don't interest me in the slightest.

Where does Amaral feature in your ruminations?  He is the one you should be expressing an opinion on not me ... not Kate ... and not Gerry McCann.
It is after all ... Amaral's thread.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1867 on: July 21, 2020, 10:04:16 AM »
Where does Amaral feature in your ruminations?  He is the one you should be expressing an opinion on not me ... not Kate ... and not Gerry McCann.
It is after all ... Amaral's thread.

My post grew out of a comment about how Amaral's actions affected the McCann's lives during the years after the disappearance. He didn't cause people's distrust of them, but he helped to stir interest in the PJ's reasons for making them arguidos. That interest led to the original files and the libel trial details being uploaded onto the internet and translated. People were then able to compare what the McCanns and the media said with what actually occured.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1868 on: July 21, 2020, 10:09:02 AM »
My post grew out of a comment about how Amaral's actions affected the McCann's lives during the years after the disappearance. He didn't cause people's distrust of them, but he helped to stir interest in the PJ's reasons for making them arguidos. That interest led to the original files and the libel trial details being uploaded onto the internet and translated. People were then able to compare what the McCanns and the media said with what actually occured.
Amaral seems to have been hell-bent in trying to discover why Madeleine left the apartment rather than focusing on where did Madeleine go after she left the apartment. 

Op Grange: "however Madeleine left the apartment , she was abducted".    That is one step beyond wondering how Madeleine left the apartment.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1869 on: July 21, 2020, 10:11:00 AM »

Are you really suggesting that amarals book and statement s have caused some distrust towards the McCanns...that's s bit of a daft post imo

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1870 on: July 21, 2020, 10:45:43 AM »

If you think Amaral didn't cause distrust of The McCanns then you must be using a different language to me.

No one knows what actually occurred.  And some of the Translations were pretty rubbish.  Depending on who did those.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1871 on: July 21, 2020, 10:54:08 AM »
You don't think Amaral's best selling book and his numerous accusatory TV appearances had anything whatsoever to do with damaging the McCanns' reputation, particularly in Portugal?  Wow. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1872 on: July 21, 2020, 10:57:14 AM »
Are you really suggesting that amarals book and statement s have caused some distrust towards the McCanns...that's s bit of a daft post imo

Did you read my post?

"He didn't cause people's distrust of them, "

If your understand of evidence is as accurate as your understanding of my post then your understand isn't to be relied on imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1873 on: July 21, 2020, 10:59:41 AM »
Did you read my post?

"He didn't cause people's distrust of them, "

If your understand of evidence is as accurate as your understanding of my post then your understand isn't to be relied on imo.

I think my understanding of your post...and you intentions and mindset is 100% accurate

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1874 on: July 21, 2020, 11:20:41 AM »
You don't think Amaral's best selling book and his numerous accusatory TV appearances had anything whatsoever to do with damaging the McCanns' reputation, particularly in Portugal?  Wow.

I made no mention of the McCann's reputation. I said he didn't cause people's distrust of them. That emerged before he wrote his book.
Result = happy posting.