Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408168 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #1875 on: July 21, 2020, 11:38:02 AM »
My post grew out of a comment about how Amaral's actions affected the McCann's lives during the years after the disappearance. He didn't cause people's distrust of them, but he helped to stir interest in the PJ's reasons for making them arguidos. That interest led to the original files and the libel trial details being uploaded onto the internet and translated. People were then able to compare what the McCanns and the media said with what actually occured.

In my opinion you are incredibly naive to imagine that Amaral and his media campaign aided and abetted by that well known "source close to the investigation" Cristovao ... and by a furious Sandra Felguieras, a bona fide journalist who was used as a patsy for Amaral's propaganda campaign against the McCanns and who watched it mature into what it has become today as exemplified by you in the post above.

"I saw, incredulous, how easy it is to proliferate lies just in order to justify the thesis of a retired inspector for having said in public what he never managed to prove in court. But in public, we can only speak what we can prove. And this is true for everyone.”  Sandra Felgueiras
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1876 on: July 21, 2020, 11:40:29 AM »
I made no mention of the McCann's reputation. I said he didn't cause people's distrust of them. That emerged before he wrote his book.

There may well have been distrust before the book but the book surely made things even worse.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1877 on: July 21, 2020, 11:47:24 AM »
I made no mention of the McCann's reputation. I said he didn't cause people's distrust of them. That emerged before he wrote his book.
It's the same thing and you're splitting hairs but if you insist I will rewrite my post:

You don't think Amaral's best selling book and his numerous accusatory TV appearances had anything whatsoever to do with causing distrust of the McCanns, particularly in Portugal?  Wow
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1878 on: July 21, 2020, 11:52:00 AM »
There may well have been distrust before the book but the book surely made things even worse.

In my opinion the path Amaral intended to map out was evident in the first leak to the press about 'the badly told story' before the ink was even dry on his arguido papers. 
The constant deluge of lies propagated by him continued thereon in until very recent times still getting in digs about Madeleine's father.

How anyone can fail to see through this very flawed person amazes me.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1879 on: July 21, 2020, 11:54:00 AM »
In my opinion you are incredibly naive to imagine that Amaral and his media campaign aided and abetted by that well known "source close to the investigation" Cristovao ... and by a furious Sandra Felguieras, a bona fide journalist who was used as a patsy for Amaral's propaganda campaign against the McCanns and who watched it mature into what it has become today as exemplified by you in the post above.

"I saw, incredulous, how easy it is to proliferate lies just in order to justify the thesis of a retired inspector for having said in public what he never managed to prove in court. But in public, we can only speak what we can prove. And this is true for everyone.”  Sandra Felgueiras

I wonder if Martin Brunt subscribes to that view? He spoke in public about things he couldn't prove. Three DNA matches (0.27) to Madeleine's DNA. In the apartment (0.33) one full match on a windowsill. In the hire car (0.48) one full match and one part match.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3HQ74Rfdbk

I don't think Amaral told him that, so who was feeding him his lies?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1880 on: July 21, 2020, 11:56:00 AM »

Making things worse is not causing them, it's adding to something pre-existing.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1881 on: July 21, 2020, 12:04:35 PM »
Making things worse is not causing them, it's adding to something pre-existing.

You are wrong...its an ongoing thing.  Amarals book caused more harm to their repuation...therefore it caused harm.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1882 on: July 21, 2020, 12:05:40 PM »
I wonder if Martin Brunt subscribes to that view? He spoke in public about things he couldn't prove. Three DNA matches (0.27) to Madeleine's DNA. In the apartment (0.33) one full match on a windowsill. In the hire car (0.48) one full match and one part match.

Follow the chain to and from Hugo Beaty's Luz.

Amaral~a very fat Portuguese 'journalist'~his equally obese translator girlfriend~ a crowd of journalists avidly awaiting copy.  And Bob's your uncle.

Sandra Felgueiras is on record as saying she too believed what Amaral told her ... until she discovered the lie of it on reading the actual forensic report.
So Brunt really was not alone ... but even at that his word didn't really carry the weight of the retired coordinator brought down by everyone conspiring against him ... did it?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1883 on: July 21, 2020, 12:37:46 PM »

Amaral~a very fat Portuguese 'journalist'~his equally obese translator girlfriend~ a crowd of journalists avidly awaiting copy.  And Bob's your uncle.

Sandra Felgueiras is on record as saying she too believed what Amaral told her ... until she discovered the lie of it on reading the actual forensic report.
So Brunt really was not alone ... but even at that his word didn't really carry the weight of the retired coordinator brought down by everyone conspiring against him ... did it?

Ah, Yes.  Johanna Morais and Levy, sitting together in cafes and translating to English Journalists.  Who knows what the hell those two had to say?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1884 on: July 21, 2020, 12:42:06 PM »

You are suggesting where Brunt may have got his information, but that's just a rumour.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1885 on: July 21, 2020, 12:45:20 PM »
It's the same thing and you're splitting hairs but if you insist I will rewrite my post:

You don't think Amaral's best selling book and his numerous accusatory TV appearances had anything whatsoever to do with causing distrust of the McCanns, particularly in Portugal?  Wow

Are you asking G-unit a question or making a statement?  If you are asking a question as suggested by the use of a question mark I suggest you stop goading G-unit with comments like "wow".
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1886 on: July 21, 2020, 12:47:51 PM »

What made you think it wasn't "Amaral" (or the PJ)?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1887 on: July 21, 2020, 01:26:15 PM »

I distrusted the McCanns long before I'd ever even heard of Amaral.

I believed the McCanns to be lying on exactly May 4th 2007, as I watched Gerry read a statement & Kate struggling to get any tears to come out of her eyes.

I didn't take any interest in the case thereafter until I first learned about Amaral when reading a newspaper in a cafe many years later.

The article I read was about the book trial. I then read Amarals book.

Pursuing him in court gave him, his theories & his book increased publicity.

If he was just spouting nonsense then maybe the McCanns should have ignored him & put their time, money & energy into searching for their missing daughter instead.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1888 on: July 21, 2020, 01:37:16 PM »
What made you think it wasn't "Amaral" (or the PJ)?

I don't know who it was, but it was unlikely to be a direct communication from Amaral as he doesn't speak English and Brunt has never demonstrated an ability to speak Portuguese.

Could it be that Amaral was misled? This story is full of mistakes, but it must have originated somewhere.

DNA blunder turned Kate McCann into suspect

A key blunder by a British forensics team led to the McCanns being named official suspects, according to a leaked Portuguese report today.

According to the Portuguese, the British Forensic Science Service told them that DNA evidence found in the couple's hire car a month after the girl went missing was categorically Madeleine's...

The claim about the DNA evidence is likely to cause the Forensic Science Service embarrassment. Last week representatives of the service went out to Portugal with Leicestershire police to try to prevent the information being made public.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/dna-blunder-turned-kate-mccann-into-suspect-6841563.html

Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1889 on: July 21, 2020, 01:47:11 PM »

I distrusted the McCanns long before I'd ever even heard of Amaral.

I believed the McCanns to be lying on exactly May 4th 2007, as I watched Gerry read a statement & Kate struggling to get any tears to come out of her eyes.

I didn't take any interest in the case thereafter until I first learned about Amaral when reading a newspaper in a cafe many years later.

The article I read was about the book trial. I then read Amarals book.

Pursuing him in court gave him, his theories & his book increased publicity.

If he was just spouting nonsense then maybe the McCanns should have ignored him & put their time, money & energy into searching for their missing daughter instead.

I believe a lot of people found that first appeal puzzling.
Result = happy posting.