Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408263 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #1905 on: July 21, 2020, 03:48:27 PM »
Erm....I wàs joking.  Am I not allowed to joke anymore?

My apologies

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1906 on: July 21, 2020, 03:58:43 PM »
My apologies

That's okay.  There wouldn't be any point if you knew for certain that I was joking.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1907 on: July 21, 2020, 05:35:29 PM »
Her and many others imo

She’s a seasoned journalist.

She made hay while the sun shone and now it’s no longer shining she has to find another money stream.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1908 on: July 21, 2020, 06:47:57 PM »
She’s a seasoned journalist.

She made hay while the sun shone and now it’s no longer shining she has to find another money stream.

I think you just find it difficult to accept the truth

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1909 on: July 21, 2020, 06:52:42 PM »

I think you just find it difficult to accept the truth

She read the files, knew what they contained straight after they were released yet still went ahead with the ‘ask the dogs’ interview in which she was very combative towards the parents. What’s not true about that ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1910 on: July 21, 2020, 06:55:37 PM »
She read the files, knew what they contained straight after they were released yet still went ahead with the ‘ask the dogs’ interview in which she was very combative towards the parents. What’s not true about that ?

It depends when she realised she had been lied to...Perhaps you can tell us exactly when she realised the DNA evidence was unreliable. There are several posters here who have read the files and still dont realise
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 07:02:36 PM by Davel »

Offline Carana

« Reply #1911 on: July 21, 2020, 07:05:55 PM »

She did come across as quite combative, I agree.

But she was also interviewed on TV and was highly critical of the investigation. I can't pinpoint exactly whether that was before or just after the "ask-the-dogs" interview. For some reason, *cough*, it didn't get translated. I have a summary of what someone said it was about, but I'm not sure it's worth posting. Anyway, if the summary is accurate (and it came from someone firmly on the parents-what-dunnit side of the debate, at the time at least) it was pretty much what she said in the Netflix documentary.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #1912 on: July 21, 2020, 08:28:48 PM »
Sandra Felgueiras was repeating information from what she considered was an 'impeccable source'.  Who wouldn't trust the case coordinator Amaral? and we know that is the main source of her disinformation.

Amaral was the victim of the same.... or if not he misunderstood.... but I believe he jumped the gun on the basis of being told there was evidence of a link to MM.... To quote the FSS; "The simple answer is yes"

Offline John

« Reply #1913 on: July 21, 2020, 08:41:13 PM »
Amaral was the victim of the same.... or if not he misunderstood.... but I believe he jumped the gun on the basis of being told there was evidence of a link to MM.... To quote the FSS; "The simple answer is yes"

The defunct UK Forensic Science Service was very much unfit for purpose and their dismantling evidenced this.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1914 on: July 21, 2020, 08:50:51 PM »
The defunct UK Forensic Science Service was very much unfit for purpose and their dismantling evidenced this.

Absolute rubbish John...a total myth

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1915 on: July 21, 2020, 08:58:46 PM »

It was between 2000 and 2005 that concerns arose because of the methods used by the FSS;

The FSS was apparently applying the new LCN technique in a different way, meaning its scientists may have missed DNA evidence that other private forensic laboratories could have identified.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6381969.stm

Police Forces increasingly used private labs and the FSS made huge losses, leading to it's eventual closure.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1916 on: July 21, 2020, 09:02:40 PM »
It was between 2000 and 2005 that concerns arose because of the methods used by the FSS;

The FSS was apparently applying the new LCN technique in a different way, meaning its scientists may have missed DNA evidence that other private forensic laboratories could have identified.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6381969.stm

Police Forces increasingly used private labs and the FSS made huge losses, leading to it's eventual closure.

What both you and John fail to understand is that it was the FSS that developed LCN DNA. Without the FSS who you...John and others want to unfairly criticise there would have been no DNA to analyse...

thats NO DNA....LOL

The so called unfit for purpose FSS also developed Familial DNA....do a bit of research and find out how useful that has been

The familial searching service offered to the police by several UK forensic science providers exploits the size and geographic coverage of the NDNAD and the fact that close relatives of an offender may share a significant proportion of that offender's DNA profile and will often reside in close geographic proximity to him or her. Between 2002 and 2011 Forensic Science Service Ltd. (FSS) provided familial search services to support 188 police investigations, 70 of which are still active cases. This technique, which may be used in serious crime cases or in ‘cold case’ reviews when there are few or no investigative leads, has led to the identification of 41 perpetrators or suspects.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 09:08:58 PM by Davel »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1917 on: July 21, 2020, 09:07:43 PM »
She did come across as quite combative, I agree.

But she was also interviewed on TV and was highly critical of the investigation. I can't pinpoint exactly whether that was before or just after the "ask-the-dogs" interview. For some reason, *cough*, it didn't get translated. I have a summary of what someone said it was about, but I'm not sure it's worth posting. Anyway, if the summary is accurate (and it came from someone firmly on the parents-what-dunnit side of the debate, at the time at least) it was pretty much what she said in the Netflix documentary.

Not sure the point you are trying to make. The ‘ask the dogs’ interview was months after the files had been released. As a journalist  SF would have received a disc immediately and there would be no need to translate the files on it. If SF learned she had been lied to before the ‘dogs’ interview, as she must have, why do the interview ?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1918 on: July 22, 2020, 12:06:37 AM »
Wow is my genuine expression of incredulity at G-Unit's belief that Amaral's efforts did not cause any distrust of the McCanns, it's not goading.   but tell you what, if it is goading then that is against forum rules and I suggest you give me at least a 40% warning as my current warning is due to expire tomorrow and I need a top up.
Stop your goading.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1919 on: July 22, 2020, 12:08:08 AM »
Please don't do this.  Otherwise I might have to get cross.
Wow!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.