Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408168 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #1965 on: July 23, 2020, 03:18:47 PM »
I don't see what's particularly important about it. All I was saying was that, from memory, Sandra Felgueiras' criticism predated Netflix by quite some time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1966 on: July 23, 2020, 03:24:49 PM »
I don't see what's particularly important about it. All I was saying was that, from memory, Sandra Felgueiras' criticism predated Netflix by quite some time.
Carana, it's of utmost importance.  You're not allowed to recall things from memory or express an opinion without a cite to back it up.  It's a new law and if you break it you must withdraw the claim or be publicly humiliated.   
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #1967 on: July 23, 2020, 03:33:32 PM »
Carana, it's of utmost importance.  You're not allowed to recall things from memory or express an opinion without a cite to back it up.  It's a new law and if you break it you must withdraw the claim or be publicly humiliated.

Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything: people do have a tendency to cite things "from memory", and I agree that memories can get distorted with time. And sometimes, distorted memories get repeated as fact... so I accept Faith's comment.

However, I don't see anything critically important about it. lol

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1968 on: July 23, 2020, 03:47:37 PM »
what is clear is that SF has accused amaral of lying to her....thats whats important

Offline Carana

« Reply #1969 on: July 23, 2020, 04:06:28 PM »
The line above from some poster:

"... Bouncy, since this an insert in a talk show in Portuguese, with no English subtitles, I can see it's no easy task to get the footage on here."

Then follows the mod's summary, talking about Sandra's comments re asking pertinent questions one year on from when arguido status was lifted.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1970 on: July 23, 2020, 07:02:24 PM »
Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything: people do have a tendency to cite things "from memory", and I agree that memories can get distorted with time. And sometimes, distorted memories get repeated as fact... so I accept Faith's comment.

However, I don't see anything critically important about it. lol

Thank you for your efforts to find the cite however it’s obvious that there is absolutely no evidence that SF expressed any doubts about the investigation before the ‘dogs’ interview. She may have expressed doubts before the Netflix documentary but there is nothing in the public domain that suggests that.

For me her changing of sides is purely cynical.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1971 on: July 23, 2020, 07:17:16 PM »
Thank you for your efforts to find the cite however it’s obvious that there is absolutely no evidence that SF expressed any doubts about the investigation before the ‘dogs’ interview. She may have expressed doubts before the Netflix documentary but there is nothing in the public domain that suggests that.

For me her changing of sides is purely cynical.

I think it's blatantly obvious she changed sides because she felt she was lied to...evidence being...Amaral didn't understand the dna

Offline The General

« Reply #1972 on: July 23, 2020, 07:23:08 PM »
I think it's blatantly obvious she changed sides because she felt she was lied to...evidence being...Amaral didn't understand the dna
If he 'didn't understand the DNA', then how could he possibly be lying?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:35:14 PM by Eleanor »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1973 on: July 23, 2020, 07:25:47 PM »
If he 'didn't understand the DNA', then how could he possibly be lying?

Read my post again....I never said he was lying. I realise he's just dim...Sandra thought he was deliberately lying it seems
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:48:30 PM by Eleanor »

Offline The General

« Reply #1974 on: July 23, 2020, 07:28:03 PM »
Read my post again....I never said he was lying. I realise he's just dim...Sandra thought he was deliberately lying it seems
She thought she was being lied to, so she changed horses, yet you think he was simply mistaken?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1975 on: July 23, 2020, 07:39:23 PM »
She thought she was being lied to, so she changed horses, yet you think he was simply mistaken?

I think its clear he simply hadnt got  a clue as  may well not had much experience in having to deal with evidence in the past

Offline The General

« Reply #1976 on: July 23, 2020, 07:48:43 PM »

I think its clear he simply hadnt got  a clue as  may well not had much experience in having to deal with evidence in the past
So he 'didn't have a clue', yet somehow, incongruously, was persuasive enough to beguile this crack investigative reporter, despite her obviously knowing him professionally prior to this case?
In the immortal words of Aretha, Who's Zoomin' Who?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1977 on: July 23, 2020, 07:50:01 PM »

He never needed Evidence in the past.  He managed very well without it, thank you very much.

Offline The General

« Reply #1978 on: July 23, 2020, 07:58:28 PM »
He never needed Evidence in the past.  He managed very well without it, thank you very much.
The man's an utter genius legend dude. Don't need no evidence, yo, jus cruisin' on up to the judge, pinch the frame of those Randolph Aviator's down, glance, wink, tip the fedora at the jury and mosey on right back out the door.
I can see the fascination now.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1979 on: July 23, 2020, 08:45:20 PM »
Have you got the cite for that so called "New Law"?   You don't want to be humiliated do you!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.