Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408648 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #2310 on: July 30, 2020, 09:04:46 AM »
Many thanks, Brietta.

"I was told..." Christian would have been on a list? Is that it? Sounds like if Christian hadn't been checked out, it was nothing to do with him.

I don't think a coordinator gathered lists together or investigated the people on the list. If the PJ work like British police those lower down the chain of command do such jobs and report back if they find anything significant.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2311 on: July 30, 2020, 09:12:08 AM »
Apologies, Carana, I should have included the link in the first instance.
https://jornaldocentro.pt/online/regiao/goncalo-amaral-investigador-do-caso-maddie-diz-que-teoria-do-rapto-e-mais-fragil

Por isso, na sua opinião, é que aparece agora o pedófilo alemão que está a ser investigado?
Exatamente, como o casal diz que é um pedófilo desde a primeira hora, tem de aparecer um pedófilo.

Mas ele estava realmente na Praia da Luz na altura dos factos?
Ele e mais uma centena. Não era caso único. Por isso é que eu considero que este suspeito é um bode expiatório e isto tem acontecido ao longo dos anos. Volto a dizer o mesmo, primeiro prove-se que houve ali um rapto e só se consegue provar isso se aquele casal e os amigos falarem a verdade. Procura-se uma coisa sem provar outra.

É por isso que diz que este suspeito é quase perfeito?
Tem um perfil de pedófilo. Esta divulgação estava já para avançar no ano passado...

Mas têm sido divulgados factos agora, como a carrinha, a imagem dele...
A polícia alemã deveria divulgar as duas formas da carrinha, como ela seria sem as pinturas e como ela foi agora transportada para a Alemanha com figuras. Assim é que estaríamos a ser sérios.

A outra questão prende-se com a imagem do próprio suspeito. Há uma imagem que está a ser divulgada, mas não se pode mostrar a imagem de alguém passado uns anos. Mostrar imagens com 43 anos não é a mesma coisa que mostrar com 30 anos. Em 2006, que é o ano mais próximo do acontecimento, ele (Christian Brückner) tinha outro imagem, com um cabelo meio curto. Em 2007, há pessoas que afirmam que ele parecia um hippie com cabelo pelas costas. E aqui voltamos à questão do cabelo e dos depoimentos a seguir ao desaparecimento em que a amiga do casal diz que viu um homem com cabelo curto. O que se pergunta é porque se permite imagens e retratos robots que vão de encontro a determinado perfil de alguém que é parecido com o que foi dito nesse depoimento.

O que sabe hoje deste cidadão alemão era o que se sabia em 2007?
Não. Se nós soubéssemos o que hoje se sabe, teríamos de averiguar.

Na altura este nome apareceu?
Contaram-me que terá aparecido numa listagem com mais de uma centena de nomes.

Hoje, com tudo isto que se sabe, o que deveria ser feito?
Voltar ao ponto da investigação onde ela estava em setembro de 2007.

Amaral seems to be admitting that his team didn't take abduction seriously because it couldn't be proved there was an abduction

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2312 on: July 30, 2020, 09:30:54 AM »
“I don't think a 'phone dump' was organised by the British police at all, unless you have evidence of that?”

You may be correct in that I do not have evidence that the British police organised a phone dump in 2007 … but then I do not have evidence that the Portuguese Police took any steps to organise a phone dump either.

What I do have evidence of is that in 2007 the only effort made by the Portuguese to check phone data was, according to the files, in relation to the McCanns and the Tapas seven.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MOBILE_PHONE_ANALYSIS.htm
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PHONE_TEXTS.htm

The present information regarding Brueckner’s phone was extrapolated from phone information from 2007 held by Scotland Yard which in my opinion could only have been obtained by cooperation with the Portuguese Prosecutors and the phone providers at the relevant time.

So it figures somewhere but in the myopia of the Amaral investigation only the unimportant family traffic was considered of interest.

Snip
Officers from the BKA, Germany's federal police, obtained the number for a mobile phone that Brueckner had in 2007, but it was only when they cross-referenced it with data compiled by Scotland Yard from phone masts around Praia da Luz that they could place the 43-year-old near the Ocean Club from where Madeleine was taken.

They then discovered his phone received a call in Praia da Luz from someone at 7.32pm.
The call lasted until 8.02pm and the person who called Brueckner has not yet been identified. Madeleine vanished between 9.10pm and 10pm that evening.

German prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters revealed painstaking Anglo-German police work led to the huge breakthrough

Mr Wolters said: 'Brueckner's telephone number comes from our investigation, but British police have a data pool from 2007 from Praia da Luz of all mobile numbers [used in that area at the time], so we put our telephone number to the data of the British police – and it matched.
'So we think that our suspect was, on the day Madeleine was kidnapped in Praia da Luz, near the apartment.'

He declined to provide details of how the BKA had found Brueckner's mobile number in 2007.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8418479/Christian-Brueckner-identified-suspect-McCann-case-Mets-call-log-breakthrough.html

If you read the links you provide, the British police had the telephone information thanks to the PJ obtaining it in May 2007;

Date: 09-05-2007

Service Information

To: The coordinator of the investigation, Goncalo Amaral

Subject: Request for the preservation of data relating to mobile telecommunications

As it of interest to the ongoing investigation NUIPC 201/07.0 GALGS which is investing the ABDUCTION of the English girl Madeleine McCann, we URGENTLY ask that a request is made to the competent authorities for the following:

- The telephone operators TMN, Vodaphone and Optimus be asked for the preservation and conservation in digital format (CD or DVD) of all the information relating to MOBILE PHONE TRAFFIC, including roaming calls, with an indication of the mobile phone numbers, date and time of the telephone conversations that took place on 2, 3 and 4th May 2007 with respect to the mobile phones that cover the following geographical locations:

Apartment:

N - 37,088863 // N37º 5' 19,91"
W - 8,730775...// W 8º 43' 50,79"

Tapas Restaurant

N - 37,088378 // N37º 5' 18,16"
W - 8,730979...// W 8º 43' 51,52"

Both locations are situated in the OC resort next to Rua Agostinho da Silva and Rua Dr Francisco Gentil Martins in P da L.

This inquiry aims to preserve information of relative importance that could in the future help the investigation to discover the truth of the facts.

I bring this to your attention

Inspector Ricardo Paiva
Result = happy posting.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2313 on: July 30, 2020, 09:44:52 AM »
I don't think a coordinator gathered lists together or investigated the people on the list. If the PJ work like British police those lower down the chain of command do such jobs and report back if they find anything significant.

“I have been told by colleagues, who are retired like me, that they had come knocking on the door. That person was not at home,” Mr Amaral said in an interview on Portuguese TV on Sunday night.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/madeleine-mccann-police-tried-to-quiz-suspect-in-2007-but-he-wasn-t-at-home-a9582266.html

Is that the extent of the verification?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2314 on: July 30, 2020, 09:55:08 AM »
“I have been told by colleagues, who are retired like me, that they had come knocking on the door. That person was not at home,” Mr Amaral said in an interview on Portuguese TV on Sunday night.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/madeleine-mccann-police-tried-to-quiz-suspect-in-2007-but-he-wasn-t-at-home-a9582266.html

Is that the extent of the verification?
I can't believe it.  But it must be true, Amaral said it.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2315 on: July 30, 2020, 10:09:23 AM »
The PJ seemingly did have mugshots of him on file as he was first extradited from Portugal to Germany in 1999 for molesting a 6-year-old in a playground in Germany back in 2004.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pictures-prove-portuguese-police-knew-22378521

He seems perfectly recognisable to me.

This evidently predates the diesel theft in 2006 when he admitted to the court in PT that he had had a prior conviction for sexual offences.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2316 on: July 30, 2020, 10:16:34 AM »
If you read the links you provide, the British police had the telephone information thanks to the PJ obtaining it in May 2007;

Service Information

Subject: Request for the preservation of data relating to mobile telecommunications

As it of interest to the ongoing investigation NUIPC 201/07.0 GALGS which is investing the ABDUCTION of the English girl Madeleine McCann, we URGENTLY ask that a request is made to the competent authorities for the following:

- The telephone operators TMN, Vodaphone and Optimus be asked for the preservation and conservation in digital format (CD or DVD) of all the information relating to MOBILE PHONE TRAFFIC, including roaming calls, with an indication of the mobile phone numbers, date and time of the telephone conversations that took place on 2, 3 and 4th May 2007 with respect to the mobile phones that cover the following geographical locations:

Apartment:

Tapas Restaurant

Both locations are situated in the OC resort next to Rua Agostinho da Silva and Rua Dr Francisco Gentil Martins in P da L.

This inquiry aims to preserve information of relative importance that could in the future help the investigation to discover the truth of the facts.

Inspector Ricardo Paiva

I'll give credit to Amaral (who may well have organised it, unless it was the instructing magistrate) for at least securing phone information.

However, the analysts only seem to have been instructed to go through calls related to the T9 (plus M & M to an extent).

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2317 on: July 30, 2020, 10:17:19 AM »
The PJ seemingly did have mugshots of him on file as he was first extradited from Portugal to Germany in 1999 for molesting a 6-year-old in a playground in Germany back in 2004.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pictures-prove-portuguese-police-knew-22378521

He seems perfectly recognisable to me.

This evidently predates the diesel theft in 2006 when he admitted to the court in PT that he had had a prior conviction for sexual offences.
Did he always spell his surname the same way? 

Brueckner

Brückner

Bruckner

Spelling errors confound records.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2318 on: July 30, 2020, 10:37:54 AM »
AFAIK,  "ue" can replace the German umlaut "ü" - back in pre-historic times a decade or two ago, keyboards didn't necessarily have the wide variety of accents that we now take for granted.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2319 on: July 30, 2020, 11:54:28 AM »

I would have thought a coordinator would coordinate.  Elementary ... and precisely what is being done in the instances of other missing children ...

Snip
A spokesman for police in The Hague confirmed that after announcing their intention to exchange information they have now presented the case and 'were in talks'.

He said: 'Presenting the case means that we look if there are any similarities between the cases. So we look for clues that connect them.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8575193/German-police-refuse-reveal-Madeleine-McCann-search.html

Did Amaral rule out all the local paedophiles ... apparently not.
Did Amaral carry out checks on the local burglars as Scotland Yard did in 2014?
Did Amaral go beyond checking the McCann phone records as Scotland Yard did to pin point the location of local burglars; as the PJ apparently did in 2014 with regard to Euclides Monteiro; and as the Germans very most certainly did in relation to Brueckner.
Did Amaral give any thoughts to the intruder who broke into dwellings to assault little girls sometimes leaving with a trophy sometimes not.

Amaral didn't have to physically go out and collect evidence ~ everybody knows that.  Amaral's job was to collate what evidence there was not cherry pick the bits he liked and to rubbish the bits he didn't. 

In my opinion a prime example of Amaral's incompetence as a coordinator was his treatment of Jane Janner's evidence and his ridiculing of her at the time ... a practice which he continues even today despite the knowledge that his gross incompetence is currently having a spotlight shone on it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #2320 on: July 30, 2020, 12:02:53 PM »
I see Snr Amaral was on telly via satellite link last night again in some unpronounceable former Soviet enclave.
He'll have that new sprawling villa paid off in no time, what with all of these daily talking head appearances das bizzies have generated and his new bestseller almost ready for release.
Go ed Gonzo lad.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2321 on: July 30, 2020, 12:03:26 PM »

Service Information

Apartment:

Tapas Restaurant

Inspector Ricardo Paiva

Did you read the link?

My understanding is the request was made only in relation to the McCanns and their friends ... what is your interpretation?

Very certainly the German source for the phone dump information covering everyone who used a phone in the environs of Luz around the time Madeleine vanished was Scotland Yard and not the Policia Judiciaria.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2322 on: July 30, 2020, 12:25:58 PM »
I would have thought a coordinator would coordinate.  Elementary ... and precisely what is being done in the instances of other missing children ...

Snip
A spokesman for police in The Hague confirmed that after announcing their intention to exchange information they have now presented the case and 'were in talks'.

He said: 'Presenting the case means that we look if there are any similarities between the cases. So we look for clues that connect them.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8575193/German-police-refuse-reveal-Madeleine-McCann-search.html

Did Amaral go beyond checking the McCann phone records as Scotland Yard did to pin point the location of local burglars; as the PJ apparently did in 2014 with regard to Euclides Monteiro; and as the Germans very most certainly did in relation to Brueckner.
Did Amaral give any thoughts to the intruder who broke into dwellings to assault little girls sometimes leaving with a trophy sometimes not.

Amaral didn't have to physically go out and collect evidence ~ everybody knows that.  Amaral's job was to collate what evidence there was not cherry pick the bits he liked and to rubbish the bits he didn't. 

In my opinion a prime example of Amaral's incompetence as a coordinator was his treatment of Jane Janner's evidence and his ridiculing of her at the time ... a practice which he continues even today despite the knowledge that his gross incompetence is currently having a spotlight shone on it.

In my opinion you're obsessed with Amaral. You have no idea what was or wasn't done because there's no evidence. The evidence was withheld;

Appendix VI 1 – Information/Lists of Suspects of Sexual Crimes – where you will find a detailed reviews, from the perspective of the possibility of encountering correlations with suspects with sexual motives;

Appendix VI 2 – Diligences and Exploration of Information related to the aforementioned – in which, in conformity with that already expressed and in order to provide a better consultation, were gathered the information collected about residents in the surrounding areas – temporary and permanent – as well as a listing of local crime (break-ins and others) and crimes of a sexual nature. The information provided came to this Police by individual
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/P_J_FINAL_REPORT.htm

Result = happy posting.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #2323 on: July 30, 2020, 12:53:17 PM »

Snip

Even gmc didn't see JT the sighting was conveniently accounted for ...it was Totman wasn't it.

You would have thought that the mccs themselves would've wanted a reconstruction just to see where everyone was in the group...you would trust no one if the abduction had of been real FGS. imo

Why you keep blaming GA for everything ...when he didn't fail he was got rid of because he dared to mouth off against the UK police interfering.

Now what have you got ...it seems like 3 different police forces all following different enquires

Thats what you call incompetent

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2324 on: July 30, 2020, 12:53:46 PM »
In my opinion you're obsessed with Amaral. You have no idea what was or wasn't done because there's no evidence. The evidence was withheld;

Appendix VI 1 – Information/Lists of Suspects of Sexual Crimes – where you will find a detailed reviews, from the perspective of the possibility of encountering correlations with suspects with sexual motives;

Appendix VI 2 – Diligences and Exploration of Information related to the aforementioned – in which, in conformity with that already expressed and in order to provide a better consultation, were gathered the information collected about residents in the surrounding areas – temporary and permanent – as well as a listing of local crime (break-ins and others) and crimes of a sexual nature. The information provided came to this Police by individual
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/P_J_FINAL_REPORT.htm

How terribly rude and inappropriate of you to suggest I or any other member is "obsessed" ... it may have escaped your notice that the title of this thread is quite simply stated as ..."Goncalo Amaral"

Amaral is a man to whom the normal rules of professional conduct do not apply.  You can be sure if Amaral wanted anything to appear in the public domain he would see to it.

Amaral did write a book.
Amaral did perform in a documentary of the book.
Amaral has made a lucrative career out of his abject mishandling of Madeleine McCann's case.
Amaral's behind hasn't been separated from one studio chair or another for over thirteen years as he pontificates on destroying Kate and Gerry McCann in any which way he possibly can.

Not forgetting that Amaral was the original mouthpiece for releasing the information which led to the identification of Bruekner.

Amaral's indiscretions know no bounds, in my opinion if Amaral wanted information in the public domain the fact of it being 'witheld' would not get in his way or deter him in the slightest.