Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408748 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #2400 on: July 31, 2020, 01:17:15 PM »
The Neptune pool, as I recall (it had portholes under water and you were spotted by an onlooker).

Scatter gun approach...then google

Offline barrier

« Reply #2401 on: July 31, 2020, 01:23:23 PM »
The Neptune pool, as I recall (it had portholes under water and you were spotted by an onlooker).

Poseidon?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline The General

« Reply #2402 on: July 31, 2020, 01:25:13 PM »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline The General

« Reply #2403 on: July 31, 2020, 01:26:17 PM »
Scatter gun approach...then google
We know your posting style by now, Dav, no need for the heads up.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2404 on: July 31, 2020, 01:31:45 PM »
Don't let me stand in your way.  If you feel like hypothesising please fire away ... I don't think there is any room to hypothesise since the facts of the matter have all already been stated on the forum ... but you've obviously missed them.

Like you missed the fact that the PJ obtained the phone dump on 9th May 2007?

Plenty of alleged facts have been stated, but very little evidence to suport them. When Brueckner was returned to Germany in 1999 there were no EAW's involved. Without knowing which authorities were involved in the process, which police force arrested him and who kept the records it can't be stated as a fact that the PJ had knowledge of his record.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Myster

« Reply #2405 on: July 31, 2020, 01:33:59 PM »
I saw the TV advert before we went and how easy swimming underwater looked through the portholes, but they were only installed at Skegness I think, not Pwllheli. Major disapointment, as I wanted to be admired by onlookers for my underwater prowess even though I couldn't swim. Nevertheless i dashed off to the deep end and dived in. The next thing I remember was a lifeguard above me, pumping my weedy chicken breast.

But I digress... BOT.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2406 on: July 31, 2020, 01:43:23 PM »
Pity... I was looking forward to revealing how I nearly drowned in Butlin's swimming pool on a caravanning holiday in Pwllheli, 19xx.

I thought I was going to die on one of these (Scarborough?) 19xx.

Result = happy posting.

Offline The General

« Reply #2407 on: July 31, 2020, 02:06:13 PM »
I thought I was going to die on one of these (Scarborough?) 19xx.

Kinell G! Looks like Paxton designed that back in 1870.
What was it called, The Instant Death Spinner?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2408 on: July 31, 2020, 02:44:57 PM »
Kinell G! Looks like Paxton designed that back in 1870.
What was it called, The Instant Death Spinner?

It was a Dive Bomber. The capsules rotated and they both rotated on their own axis too. No safety straps. It was like being in a blender. I didn't know what way was up when it stopped and I wasn't on the seat, I was on the floor. The only good bit was you couldn't fall out, it was fully enclosed. It was my first and last try on that. Back to the Waltzer!!
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2409 on: July 31, 2020, 03:46:10 PM »
Like you missed the fact that the PJ obtained the phone dump on 9th May 2007?

Plenty of alleged facts have been stated, but very little evidence to suport them. When Brueckner was returned to Germany in 1999 there were no EAW's involved. Without knowing which authorities were involved in the process, which police force arrested him and who kept the records it can't be stated as a fact that the PJ had knowledge of his record.

You accuse me of being "obsessed" but I think the shoe is demonstrably very definitely on the other foot.

If you check ~ specific items of phone data were requested ... and these were all McCann related.  In fact in 2008 prosecutors were refused access to the information you think was 'owned' by the Judicial Police but which still had to be requested directly from the phone companies and not a 'dump'.

Court refuses access to telephone data requested by MP

May 27, 2008

Investigation wanted to access the calls and the content of messages from 10 mobile phones addressed to Gerry Mccan, but the Relação de Évora did not authorize.
CARLOS RODRIGUES LIMA

Gerry Mccan, Madeleine Mccan's father received 18 text messages (SMS) from an unidentified mobile phone number between 2 and 3 May 2007. The elements of the investigation into the child's disappearance wanted to access the contents of the messages, but the judge Portimão's investigating body refused such access, a decision confirmed in late April this year by the Évora Court of Appeal.

According to the ruling (which can be consulted in the database of the courts, at www.dgsi.pt ), the MP states that this investigation involves crimes of kidnapping, homicide, exposure to the abandonment of a minor and concealment of a corpse. For this reason, Attorney José Magalhães e Menezes asked mobile telecommunications operators to "send in digital support the complete listings of telephone traffic to calls made and received in the period between April 28th and September 9th, 2007".

The magistrate also asked that the operators' data include "cell location and trace-back, as well as roaming calls and SMS and MMS messages and their content".

Magalhães e Menezes presented 10 mobile phone numbers, one of which was unidentified, which "during May 2, 2007 sent 15 written messages to Gerry Maccan and another 4 the day after Madeleine Mccann disappeared".

The MP's intention came up against the criminal investigating judge who dismissed the request. Pedro Frias maintained that the MP's initiative collided with fundamental rights and guarantees, something that only the investigating judge is responsible for evaluating. In December 2007, the MP appealed to the Court of Appeal of Évora, which, on April 29, gave reason to the judge. https://expresso.pt/dossies/dossiest_actualidade/dos_madeleine_mccan/tribunal-recusa-acesso-a-dados-telefonicos-pedidos-pelo-mp=f331325

So I don't think things are just as cut and dried as you seem to suppose ... which possibly explains procedures which allowed Scotland Yard having legal access enabling the phone data to be passed on to the Germans but the Judicial Police had had not.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Lace

« Reply #2410 on: July 31, 2020, 04:56:32 PM »
Gonçalo Amaral shows robot portrait of suspect in Maddie case in 2007 that belies German versionJune 26, 2020

Gonçalo Amaral released a photomontage of what Christian Brueckner had at the time of Maddie's disappearance.

For Gonçalo Amaral, a former inspector of the Judiciary Police, Christian Brueckner is the "almost perfect suspect" in the case of Maddie McCann. In an interview with Jornal do Centro https://www.jornaldocentro.pt/aquitv/video/70851/espaco-atualidade-com-goncalo-amaral Amaral released an image of the German with long hair that he claims corresponds to the image that he would have at the time of Maddie's disappearance.

The ex-PJ pointed out what he considers failures of the English and German police in conducting the process. One of the inconsistencies pointed out is related to the images released by the German, which correspond to his current image and not to the one he had 13 years ago, when the crime occurred.

"I cannot say that someone recognizes someone by an image of the person who is already a few years old. People change (...) Showing images of the person at 43 years of age is not the same thing as showing the person at 30" , said, during the interview.

The former coordinator of the Portimão PJ points out that the robot portraits released by the authorities at the time of the crime show a suspect with short hair, a fact that appears to be innocent for Christian Bruecker, who in 2007 would have long hair behind his back.

"In 2007 there are people who claim that his figure is not with short hair. He looked like a hippie and wore long hair behind his back. And the police know that," he also shoots.

To consolidate his statements, Gonçalo Amaral himself decided to present a reconstruction of what the German would look like in the year that Maddie disappeared. Using an image of Brueckner in 2006, a year before Maddie's disappearance, and using an image manipulation program, the former PJ presented a photomontage of the suspect with long hair.

Amaral concludes his theory with the fact that most of the witnesses in the case stated that the suspect was similar to Madeleine McCann's father, allegations corroborated by the English police. "I wonder where this individual resembles Mr. Gerard McCann", he asks.

The former PJ devalues ​​the new evidence linking Christian Brueckner to the investigation of the disappearance of the English girl and asks for more concrete evidence to consolidate a "serious investigation".

https://www.cmjornal.pt/portugal/detalhe/goncalo-amaral-mostra-retrato-robo-de-suspeito-do-suspeito-do-caso-maddie-em-2007-que-desmente-versao-alema

He just can't help himself, can he?

He was wrong....again.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2411 on: July 31, 2020, 05:18:26 PM »

He was wrong....again.

I think he is showing a fierce determination to rubbish the present German investigation.  I just haven't worked out why.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2412 on: July 31, 2020, 05:39:26 PM »
I think he is showing a fierce determination to rubbish the present German investigation.  I just haven't worked out why.

I think the whole sceptic movement is doing the same. Those who have claimed to be openminded have suddenly become very closed minded
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 05:48:19 PM by Davel »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2413 on: July 31, 2020, 06:16:06 PM »

I think the whole sceptic movement is doing the same. Those who have claimed to be openminded have suddenly become very closed minded

I like to keep an open mind, just not that far open that my brain falls out.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2414 on: July 31, 2020, 08:08:15 PM »
You accuse me of being "obsessed" but I think the shoe is demonstrably very definitely on the other foot.

If you check ~ specific items of phone data were requested ... and these were all McCann related.  In fact in 2008 prosecutors were refused access to the information you think was 'owned' by the Judicial Police but which still had to be requested directly from the phone companies and not a 'dump'.

Court refuses access to telephone data requested by MP

May 27, 2008

Investigation wanted to access the calls and the content of messages from 10 mobile phones addressed to Gerry Mccan, but the Relação de Évora did not authorize.
CARLOS RODRIGUES LIMA

Gerry Mccan, Madeleine Mccan's father received 18 text messages (SMS) from an unidentified mobile phone number between 2 and 3 May 2007. The elements of the investigation into the child's disappearance wanted to access the contents of the messages, but the judge Portimão's investigating body refused such access, a decision confirmed in late April this year by the Évora Court of Appeal.

According to the ruling (which can be consulted in the database of the courts, at www.dgsi.pt ), the MP states that this investigation involves crimes of kidnapping, homicide, exposure to the abandonment of a minor and concealment of a corpse. For this reason, Attorney José Magalhães e Menezes asked mobile telecommunications operators to "send in digital support the complete listings of telephone traffic to calls made and received in the period between April 28th and September 9th, 2007".

The magistrate also asked that the operators' data include "cell location and trace-back, as well as roaming calls and SMS and MMS messages and their content".

Magalhães e Menezes presented 10 mobile phone numbers, one of which was unidentified, which "during May 2, 2007 sent 15 written messages to Gerry Maccan and another 4 the day after Madeleine Mccann disappeared".

The MP's intention came up against the criminal investigating judge who dismissed the request. Pedro Frias maintained that the MP's initiative collided with fundamental rights and guarantees, something that only the investigating judge is responsible for evaluating. In December 2007, the MP appealed to the Court of Appeal of Évora, which, on April 29, gave reason to the judge. https://expresso.pt/dossies/dossiest_actualidade/dos_madeleine_mccan/tribunal-recusa-acesso-a-dados-telefonicos-pedidos-pelo-mp=f331325

So I don't think things are just as cut and dried as you seem to suppose ... which possibly explains procedures which allowed Scotland Yard having legal access enabling the phone data to be passed on to the Germans but the Judicial Police had had not.

I never claimed the PJ owned anything. They requested (and got) a three day dump of all calls from certain masts. They then made other requests as required.

According to the files it was 17th September when the PJ decided they needed the Tapas 9 phone records for a longer period than the original phone dump. The judge decided that revealing the contents of text messages were an invasion of privacy.

"Because it has become necessary in this case to analyse telephone traffic of the family, the friends and other telephones verified as being [somehow] related to the events of 3 May 2007, and given the urgency of the investigation, I venture to suggest that, with the competent judicial authority, the following be requested as soon as possible:

1 - the complete lists from 28 April to 9 September 2007 of all telephone calls made and received, including cell mast contacts, and SMS and MMS messages complete with content thereof, for the following telephone numbers [British numbers of the nine adults and one that sent G.McCann 14 SMS messages on 2 May and 4 more the day after the disappearance."
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MOBILE_PHONE_ANALYSIS.htm

Result = happy posting.