Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408270 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #3105 on: August 20, 2020, 05:38:56 PM »
But surely you don’t trust Portuguese justice.....or is it just when it suits ?

Was Amaral Convicted of Perjury for covering up the Torture of Leonor Cipriano?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3106 on: August 20, 2020, 05:45:25 PM »
So the source is the lawyer for the accused torturers

As I said no independent reliable cite

Interesting that one of the accused is Cristovao ... who I believe got off with the others because Leonore Cipriano had no idea which men were taking turns to beat her ... very likely as a result of the bag over her head.

If memory serves me well her sentence was extended as a result despite the court finding that she had been tortured.
Portuguese justice at it's best no doubt.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3107 on: August 20, 2020, 05:49:19 PM »
Every verdict in court is an opinion but the definition of the word fact is a thing that is proven to be true. That's what a court case does, proves a case to be true or false.

there is certainly  a flaw in your logic....you need to define "proven". A fact is something that is proven beyond all doubt...thats not what a court verdict does. Cipriano is not guilty beyond all doubt...

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3108 on: August 20, 2020, 05:54:05 PM »

Unlike Elvis he hadn't left the building ... I believe he was there while all this was happening.

If memory serves me well Leonor Cipriano alleged that she had been forced to kneel on two glass ashtrays supplied by Amaral ... maybe he just wanted make sure the guys didn't get ash on the carpet.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3109 on: August 20, 2020, 05:55:49 PM »
It's obviously not as simple as that ....it depends on the evidence presented

The evidence was enough to convince a Portuguese court....that’s really all we need to know.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3110 on: August 20, 2020, 05:57:23 PM »

Of course.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3111 on: August 20, 2020, 06:00:19 PM »
Interesting that one of the accused is Cristovao ... who I believe got off with the others because Leonore Cipriano had no idea which men were taking turns to beat her ... very likely as a result of the bag over her head.

If memory serves me well her sentence was extended as a result despite the court finding that she had been tortured.
Portuguese justice at it's best no doubt.

Yet with a bag over her head she initially managed to identify Amaral as one of her assailants.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3112 on: August 20, 2020, 06:03:01 PM »
The evidence was enough to convince a Portuguese court....that’s really all we need to know.

Might be all you need to know.....but not me.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3113 on: August 20, 2020, 06:03:57 PM »
Yet with a bag over her head she initially managed to identify Amaral as one of her assailants.
cite...looks like you are wrong yet again

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3114 on: August 20, 2020, 06:06:31 PM »

Is that.correct?
She did actually say he was one of her assailants.
I believed he took no part in her beatings but lied to cover up those who did.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3115 on: August 20, 2020, 06:09:42 PM »
Is that.correct?
She did actually say he was one of her assailants.
I believed he took no part in her beatings but lied to cover up those who did.

I think its faith making things up ....it was gunit a few days ago failing to provide  a cite....when the truth wont do...make things up....seems to be the MO

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3116 on: August 20, 2020, 06:18:05 PM »
Might be all you need to know.....but not me.

Strangely the Portuguese court didn’t ask you.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3117 on: August 20, 2020, 06:20:51 PM »
Strangely the Portuguese court didn’t ask you.

what  a stupid post...no surprises

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3118 on: August 20, 2020, 06:21:58 PM »

I would like one of.the posters who are so adamant that her guilty verdict was the correct one to post which piece of evidence gives them their confidence in  her guilt was proven.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3119 on: August 20, 2020, 06:24:11 PM »
Snip
When Leonor was invited to identify her aggressors by an investigating magistrate in Évora in 2006, she was only able to identify one official who was present and did nothing to prevent the abuses, possibly because she had had a bag over her head for long periods, or due to the time that had passed, or because not all her torturers were among the six officers placed before her. https://www.statewatch.org/news/2008/may/portugal-report-on-torture-suffered-by-leonor-cipriano/

Amaral was one of the two who left a paper trail and were convicted as a result. 

They tortured Leonor Cipriano for two days unsurprisingly resulting in her severe injury.  I'll guarantee there is not one person posting here who would not eventually have agreed to whatever they wanted said probably long before Leonor had to give in.

The pain endured in her knees must have been indescribable.

Snip
Two glass ashtrays were placed on the floor, and Leonor was forced to kneel on them, without being allowed to get up until she confessed. She showed Correia the scars on her knees, still visible four years later.  https://www.statewatch.org/news/2008/may/portugal-report-on-torture-suffered-by-leonor-cipriano/