Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408263 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #3900 on: October 01, 2021, 04:58:13 PM »
The Appeal Judges said;

irrespective of the reasons given by the appellant for publication, it is hardly understandable that a civil servant, even more a retired one, should carry on his silence and reserve duties, thus limiting the exercise of his right to opinion as to the interpretation of facts already made public by the j udicial authority and widely discussed (actually largely at the instigation of the protagonists themselves) in national and international media.
https://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Decision_19_04_2016.htm

So I'm correct... It's the duty of reserve that the appeal court felt should not apply... Thanks for confirming.
Note article 10 limits free speech

Offline barrier

« Reply #3901 on: October 01, 2021, 06:02:54 PM »
How's the ECHR case going Davel?  Has it been dumped yet as I suspect it will be?

Its on the back burner of cases, there are cases of note pending having been communicated to the government in 2017, so 4 yrs, the McCann/Healey as only just been communicated this year.

Info is from an updated Sept 21 press release.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3902 on: October 01, 2021, 09:10:03 PM »
 suppose one day it might rise to the top of the pile.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #3903 on: October 02, 2021, 09:49:29 AM »
suppose one day it might rise to the top of the pile.

This decade ?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3904 on: October 02, 2021, 10:09:20 AM »
This decade ?

If it takes that long, then there are a few people here who won't be here to hear the result - if you get what I mean.  8(0(*
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3905 on: October 02, 2021, 03:58:49 PM »
Why is Amaral claiming Madeleine had speech difficulties in his new book?  And even if she did (where's the evidence?) what would that have to do with her disappearance? 

Are there no depths to which this repulsive toad won't sink in his desperate scrabbling to make a living off the back of this child?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3906 on: October 02, 2021, 04:40:51 PM »
Why is Amaral claiming Madeleine had speech difficulties in his new book?  And even if she did (where's the evidence?) what would that have to do with her disappearance? 

Are there no depths to which this repulsive toad won't sink in his desperate scrabbling to make a living off the back of this child?
Imo the man is a complete fool... I haven't seen any evidence to support the opinion he was a successful cop

Offline Myster

« Reply #3907 on: October 02, 2021, 05:42:33 PM »
Maddie: Enough of Lies!
SYNOPSIS
In the so-called 'Caso Maddie', the only certainty is that, on the night of May 3, 2007, after 10 pm, in Praia da Luz, in the Algarve, a warning was given of the disappearance of a British child, with the approximate age of 4 years.
Kidnapping planned? Abduction motivated by sexual gratification? Voluntary disappearance? Responsibilities of Parents or Others with Child Custody Duty? Accidental death (with or without taking sleeping pills)? Death in the hours or days before the disappearance alert? It is not known. But there is already a suspect. A suspect was built without even proving the existence of an abduction and, above all, without knowing the victim.

Today, a lot is known about a suspect, whether truth or lies, but little, or almost nothing, about the victim. It is not known, for example, whether he was the target of abuse, as the Mallorca episode seems to suggest. On the other hand, Maddie seemed to denote speech difficulties for a 4-year-old. But the child's clinical history is missing, which is a mystery. Neither the parents gave it nor the British authorities allowed access to it. What do the British police know? What about detectives hired by parents? Until when will the Portuguese justice maintain its neutrality in a case whose jurisdiction is its own?

After millions of euros and pounds spent, the family insists on the abduction thesis, a pedophile is sought, the German police investigates incongruously and the case remains where it was in 2007. Who is hiding the truth? The mysteriously missing child deserves an objective and serious investigation.

Gonçalo Amaral
Gonçalo Amaral was born in 1959, in Torredeita, Viseu. He studied Engineering, but eventually graduated in Legal and Criminal Sciences at the Faculty of Law of Lisbon. He joined the Public Administration in 1973, at the age of 14, as a bellman, in the Armed Forces Social Services. In November 1981, he started the training course for agents of the Judiciary Police (PJ), and became an agent the following year. In 1997/1998, he attended the PJ sub-inspectors course, being ranked first among 100 students. In 2000/2001 he completed the PJ Coordinators course. He performed functions in Lisbon, the Algarve and the Azores. For years, he effectively pursued all types of violent and organized crime: thefts, robberies, murders, drug trafficking. He has had an unblemished professional career, widely recognized by his colleagues and superiors, as well as by judicial and prosecutors, by court officials and lawyers, with whom he has had the pleasure of dealing with for many years. Its maxim “justice takes place in silence”. He was operational coordinator of the investigations of the “Caso Maddie”, between May 3 and October 2, 2007, having on that occasion been removed from the investigation, in an unprecedented act in the history of the Judiciary Police. He retired on July 1, 2008, after 27 years of police career, in order to regain full freedom of expression in the case he investigated and to contribute, as far as possible, to the discovery of the material truth and for the realization of justice. He has published the books Maddie – The Truth of the Lie (2008), The English Gag (2010) and Lives without Defense (2011).
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3908 on: October 02, 2021, 06:15:22 PM »

I am now feeling ill again.  Have it, why don't you.  You all make me feel sick.  This Forum has lost the plot.  So there is no longer any point in discussing this.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3909 on: October 02, 2021, 06:50:42 PM »
I am now feeling ill again.  Have it, why don't you.  You all make me feel sick.  This Forum has lost the plot.  So there is no longer any point in discussing this.

There's a plot?
When I signed up I was given no indication. that there was plot we had to adhere to

Or maybe not -

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3910 on: October 02, 2021, 07:02:40 PM »
There's a plot?
When I signed up I was given no indication. that there was plot we had to adhere to

Silly old you.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3911 on: October 02, 2021, 07:16:15 PM »
There's a plot?
Lost the plot - to star behaving in a strange or silly way

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/lose-the-plot

TBH I don’t think this is a recent phenomenon.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3912 on: October 02, 2021, 08:27:31 PM »
Lost the plot - to star behaving in a strange or silly way

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/lose-the-plot

TBH I don’t think this is a recent phenomenon.

It isn't.  But it is frightfully usable when there isn't anything else to say.  Fools and Horses.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #3913 on: October 03, 2021, 07:20:48 PM »
Here is a translation of the index of Amaral’s book.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3914 on: October 03, 2021, 07:25:00 PM »
Sounds as if there'l be a lot  for supporters to dissect

Or maybe not -