Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408262 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #4065 on: January 16, 2022, 07:42:28 AM »
1991.  Some fourteen years before Portugal were still doing the same thing.

The French police are nothing to write home about now.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7az5m/michel-zecler-french-cops-charged-after-video-of-black-music-producer-being-beaten-goes-viral

Note the violence and the covering up by falsifying reports. I loved the authorities response to citizens filming police brutality and sharing it; make the filming illegal.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4066 on: January 16, 2022, 08:54:05 AM »
The French police are nothing to write home about now.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7az5m/michel-zecler-french-cops-charged-after-video-of-black-music-producer-being-beaten-goes-viral

Note the violence and the covering up by falsifying reports. I loved the authorities response to citizens filming police brutality and sharing it; make the filming illegal.

I don't think Amaral was ever in the French police.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4067 on: January 16, 2022, 08:59:29 AM »

I'm sure I heard they tried to recruit him

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4068 on: January 16, 2022, 09:22:19 AM »

Portuguese, French, German, Austrian, Belgian, Dutch. Similar legal systems, similar police cultures.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4069 on: January 16, 2022, 03:13:31 PM »
Portuguese, French, German, Austrian, Belgian, Dutch. Similar legal systems, similar police cultures.

Is it the norm for the police of these countries to face torture trials and to write best selling Penny Dreadfuls about failed and questionable police activities regarding the conduct of missing children cases?

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4070 on: January 16, 2022, 03:39:40 PM »
Is it the norm for the police of these countries to face torture trials and to write best selling Penny Dreadfuls about failed and questionable police activities regarding the conduct of missing children cases?

No.

And I actually live in France and have done so for a very long time.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4071 on: January 16, 2022, 04:42:47 PM »

Best seller?  Surely not.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4072 on: January 16, 2022, 05:05:00 PM »
No.

And I actually live in France and have done so for a very long time.

There is no doubt that of the two cases that Amaral was associated with involving missing children huge and obvious  errors were made.

The sceptic tactic of attempting to mitigate these by highlighting other bent coppers from elsewhere really goes nowhere towards rectifying what was and what was not done in Portugal in 2007.

Much of which has been insinuated in his pension pot best seller by Amaral as being 'all his own work'.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4073 on: January 16, 2022, 08:21:48 PM »
There is no doubt that of the two cases that Amaral was associated with involving missing children huge and obvious  errors were made.

The sceptic tactic of attempting to mitigate these by highlighting other bent coppers from elsewhere really goes nowhere towards rectifying what was and what was not done in Portugal in 2007.

Much of which has been insinuated in his pension pot best seller by Amaral as being 'all his own work'.

I agree…Amaral did make huge errors in the McCann case. Who knows whether these contributed to them remaining free?

ETA I’ve just noticed that my post has been reinstated.

Thank you John.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 10:48:08 PM by faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4074 on: January 16, 2022, 08:52:21 PM »
I agree…Amaral did make huge errors in the McCann case. Who knows whether these contributed to them remaining free?
-
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 10:00:38 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #4075 on: January 17, 2022, 09:51:18 PM »

Could you elaborate on what these huge errors were please Brietta?

I ask because in the Cipriano case he rightly prosecuted the two culprits for the murder of Joana and for assisting an offender and in the McCann case we still don't know what befell Madeleine McCann.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 09:54:38 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4076 on: January 17, 2022, 10:28:54 PM »
Could you elaborate on what these huge errors were please Brietta?

I ask because in the Cipriano case he rightly prosecuted the two culprits for the murder of Joana and for assisting an offender and in the McCann case we still don't know what befell Madeleine McCann.

I don't think we know what happened to Joana.  Just as in Madeleine's case there was not a trace of her.

One wonders if one of the constants of Figueira 2004 and Praia da Luz 2007 was Brueckner - now the prime suspect in Madeleine's disappearance.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4077 on: January 17, 2022, 10:57:37 PM »
I don't think we know what happened to Joana.  Just as in Madeleine's case there was not a trace of her.

One wonders if one of the constants of Figueira 2004 and Praia da Luz 2007 was Brueckner - now the prime suspect in Madeleine's disappearance.

As was Goncalo Amaral.

Offline John

« Reply #4078 on: January 18, 2022, 12:07:57 AM »

Well John Cipriano confessed to killing Joana and Leonor agreed that she assisted him after the fact and covered up for him. I don't think we need much more to know what occurred.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Online misty

« Reply #4079 on: January 18, 2022, 12:22:03 AM »
Well John Cipriano confessed to killing Joana and Leonor agreed that she assisted him after the fact and covered up for him. I don't think we need much more to know what occurred.

I keep coming back to this crime, a bodyless conviction in Germany which the prosecutors got so horribly wrong.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/oct/20/rudolf-rupp-farmer-family-trial

In the absence of corroborating forensics, the intricate details of Joana's alleged murder by Joao and subsequent assistance by Leonor were never truly established.