Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408326 times)

Offline The General

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #4125 on: January 18, 2022, 03:19:29 PM »
All police forces are blighted corruption, incompetence and dishonesty, some more than others.  If you accept this, then this also applies in the McCann case and the Cipriano case, plenty of evidence of it in both cases.
Scotland Yard aren't quite as bad as you're making out.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4126 on: January 18, 2022, 06:18:21 PM »
Leonor had a very bad Lawyer.  Although I can't remember his name now.

Me too.

Was that the guy who was compromised by allegedly being caught trying to bring drugs into a prison (remarkedly he wasn't charged or prosecuted with the offense) then he abandoned Leonor on the eve of her trial then became best mates with Amaral with the intention of training him as a lawyer?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4127 on: January 18, 2022, 06:23:52 PM »
Me too.

Was that the guy who was compromised by allegedly being caught trying to bring drugs into a prison (remarkedly he wasn't charged or prosecuted with the offense) then he abandoned Leonor on the eve of her trial then became best mates with Amaral with the intention of training him as a lawyer?

That's him.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4128 on: January 18, 2022, 07:31:42 PM »
Me too.

He handed in a bag belonging to his client. Either he didn't know it contained drugs or he didn't know that prisons tend to search items handed in for prisoners. I think he probably knew full well that searches would be carried out,
so it's very unlikely that he knew about the drugs.

I think Leonor sacked him didn't she?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4129 on: January 18, 2022, 08:20:33 PM »
He handed in a bag belonging to his client. Either he didn't know it contained drugs or he didn't know that prisons tend to search items handed in for prisoners. I think he probably knew full well that searches would be carried out,
so it's very unlikely that he knew about the drugs.

I think Leonor sacked him didn't she?

Hmmm - whatever his name which I see you too have forgotten - rather naïve of him to attempt to pass a "prisoner's" bag to him through a prison reception area then finding to his dismay it contained contraband.

A likely tale.

Almost as unlikely as him not ending up sharing a cell with said prisoner ~ serious business smuggling drugs into a prison particularly if vigilant duty guards wouldn't think of passing bags to inmates without checking them first.

I don't think he was sacked.  I think he jumped ship after his denouement leaving his client in the lurch .
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4130 on: January 18, 2022, 08:27:24 PM »
That's him.

His name was here all the time

Leonor lawyer, João Grade, caught taking drugs into woman's prison.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3500.msg126862#msg126862

Offline The General

« Reply #4131 on: January 19, 2022, 10:38:53 AM »
Hmmm - whatever his name which I see you too have forgotten - rather naïve of him to attempt to pass a "prisoner's" bag to him through a prison reception area then finding to his dismay it contained contraband.

A likely tale.

Almost as unlikely as him not ending up sharing a cell with said prisoner ~ serious business smuggling drugs into a prison particularly if vigilant duty guards wouldn't think of passing bags to inmates without checking them first.

I don't think he was sacked.  I think he jumped ship after his denouement leaving his client in the lurch .
93.1%* of all drugs in prisons are smuggled in by guards.

*percentages vary.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4132 on: January 19, 2022, 11:01:41 AM »

A likely tale.

Inthink the conclusion of this particular debacle was that it was (more) police incompetence which led to the drugs being  found on the lawyer - ie they didn’t check the bag properly before handing it to the lawyer.   I can imagine him adopting the Boris defence though: “nobody told me there were drugs in the bag”.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4133 on: January 19, 2022, 11:07:54 AM »

A likely tale.

As this man was never prosecuted and seemed to continue in his profession it seems to me that he could have been telling the truth.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4134 on: January 19, 2022, 06:31:23 PM »
As this man was never prosecuted and seemed to continue in his profession it seems to me that he could have been telling the truth.

Indeed he could. 

But a very strange tale nonetheless.

Did you read and digest anything from the forum thread I linked to.

It was only two pages long but within it was pertinent information.

His foreign client's abode was turned over and he was asked to pick up a bag and take it to her in prison.

How remiss of him and how remiss of the police not to check and notice the drug haul contained within.

Fortunately someone was on the ball and it was intercepted at the prison reception.

Obviously attempting to smuggle a consignment of drugs into a prison doesn't feature too highly in the Portuguese Penal Code.

Funny isn't it how selective sceptics are when it comes to who and what benefits from their doubts 😁

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4135 on: January 20, 2022, 12:12:01 PM »

Since all the posts with the context have disappeared I'll explain again.

This drug haul you speak of were soft drugs of low value, in a country that has decriminalised soft drugs.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline misty

« Reply #4136 on: January 20, 2022, 07:13:52 PM »

Since all the posts with the context have disappeared I'll explain again.

This drug haul you speak of were soft drugs of low value, in a country that has decriminalised soft drugs.
Surely it's still illegal to try to smuggle even small quantities into prisons in Portugal as I understood the law only allows possession of soft drugs solely for personal use? Christian P wouldn't even agree to smuggle vodka-laced oranges to Brueckner in jail.
In UK, of course, you could face a jail sentence of up to 10 years for this same type of crime.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4137 on: January 20, 2022, 08:03:08 PM »
Surely it's still illegal to try to smuggle even small quantities into prisons in Portugal as I understood the law only allows possession of soft drugs solely for personal use? Christian P wouldn't even agree to smuggle vodka-laced oranges to Brueckner in jail.
In UK, of course, you could face a jail sentence of up to 10 years for this same type of crime.

The lawyer denies knowledge of possession.

So, it would have to go to trial wouldn't it.

The state would need to prove beyond reasonable doubt he knew the drugs were there & intended to supply them.

Days, possibly weeks, months even of police investigation time & legal process, at an expense considerably greater than the value of the soft drugs involved, with conviction an unlikely result.

Not really worth it.

Might not happen that way in this country, but it's up to the state of Portugal how they manage things there, & xenophobic arrogance to believe any different.

Offline sadie

« Reply #4138 on: January 21, 2022, 02:14:23 AM »
The lawyer denies knowledge of possession.

So, it would have to go to trial wouldn't it.

The state would need to prove beyond reasonable doubt he knew the drugs were there & intended to supply them.

Days, possibly weeks, months even of police investigation time & legal process, at an expense considerably greater than the value of the soft drugs involved, with conviction an unlikely result.

Not really worth it.

Might not happen that way in this country, but it's up to the state of Portugal how they manage things there, & xenophobic arrogance to believe any different.

Strange that it happened just before Leonors trial, doncha think.  That left her in the lurch, dontcha think

Strange that the guards shoud open up a Lawyers bag to check him out; not at all the usual practise I would have thought.

You don't think that maybe he was set up?  Only my querying mind at work again.

Now who was the drugs inspector/lead in the Algarve ?   Why didn't he prosecute him, lawyers should be setting an example

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4139 on: January 21, 2022, 05:40:21 AM »
 McCann/Cipriano supporter world.
Where a lawyer who unwittingly possesses a small quantity of soft drugs gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, whilst an evil pair of s..mbags who murdered an 8 year old get to walk free.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 05:42:34 AM by Wonderfulspam »