Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408274 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #4260 on: March 03, 2022, 11:09:51 AM »
I'd it had been witnessed open by an independent witness before Kate McCann went back to the apartment you could claim it as evidence but it wasn't. In fact only her fingerprint was found on it. Strange that?
Are you claiming that something is only evidence if it is also witnessed by an independent witness?  I take it you must therefore believe CB's rape conviction is a miscarriage of justice and that there is no evidence the victim was ever raped?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4261 on: March 03, 2022, 11:11:35 AM »
You're in good company then. The Met seems unable to spot wrong 'uns in it's own ranks and the BKA is happy to believe the words of convicted criminals.
So basically what you're saying is that the Met and the BKA are worthless organisations that are not capable of investigating crimes and bringing criminals to justice, correct?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4262 on: March 03, 2022, 11:12:23 AM »
I'd it had been witnessed open by an independent witness before Kate McCann went back to the apartment you could claim it as evidence but it wasn't. In fact only her fingerprint was found on it. Strange that?

a witness statement is admissible evidence..fact

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4263 on: March 03, 2022, 11:14:57 AM »
Dogs don't lie...only humans do that.

precisely...ask the dogs if they alerted to cadaver or they just alertrd because they werre uinconciously coaxed into it

Offline Lace

« Reply #4264 on: March 03, 2022, 11:18:02 AM »
Why do you assume there was a conspiracy? Had there been they would all have claimed to see the open window imo but not one of the did.

If Kate was staging a fake abduction,  can you explain to me why she didn't wipe her fingerprints off the window?

Offline Lace

« Reply #4265 on: March 03, 2022, 11:20:36 AM »
Dogs don't lie...only humans do that.

Can you definitely say that Eddie was alerting to the scent of cadaver,   when there are no gasses in the first stage of decomposition and Madeleine disappeared only an hour or so after being put to bed.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4266 on: March 03, 2022, 11:40:13 AM »
Amaral has always said things they don't want to hear. I've noticed that anyone who does that is attacked.
Amaral has often said things which are demonstrably untrue, are we supposed to just accept them unchallenged?

Offline The General

« Reply #4267 on: March 03, 2022, 11:47:20 AM »
precisely...ask the dogs if they alerted to cadaver or they just alertrd because they werre uinconciously coaxed into it
Gerry?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline The General

« Reply #4268 on: March 03, 2022, 11:50:06 AM »
then you would accept that beating CB and extracting a confession is acceptable..i dont
No True Scotsman. You're close to the full set this month alone.

Offline The General

« Reply #4269 on: March 03, 2022, 11:51:51 AM »
Can you definitely say that Eddie was alerting to the scent of cadaver,   when there are no gasses in the first stage of decomposition and Madeleine disappeared only an hour or so after being put to bed.
....if you can provide independent corroboration of your 'hour or so' assertion, within a range of certainty, yes.

Offline The General

« Reply #4270 on: March 03, 2022, 11:54:50 AM »
Almeida said the main evidence against the mccanns  was the dog alerts...main evidence...cant you see how ridiculous a statement that is. Amaral claims his views were that of the whole investigation.....Im sure both SY and the Germans understand the alerts without supporting evidence have no evidential value or reliability

im 100% sure the PJ thought the dogs were infallible...never a false alert or being wrong in 200 cases...its in the files...amaral said the whole investigation believed his thoughts
You're so sure, but Stuart Prior never put anyone straight?

Offline Ms Para glider

« Reply #4271 on: March 03, 2022, 12:04:00 PM »
Why do you assume there was a conspiracy? Had there been they would all have claimed to see the open window imo but not one of the did.

Conspiracy - a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

And I don't "assume" there was a conspiracy, but all the sceptic theories I've seen (including Amaral's) rely upon collusion within the group to conceal the "truth" or provide a false account of what happened.

For example, their collective accounts don't allow for the parents to have had time to dispose of the body and stage an abduction if an "accident" occured to Madeleine during dinner. Their accounts support the notion that everything was normal, nothing was untoward or suspicious about the parents behaviour prior to the alert if you're assuming something had happened prior to dinner. The account of Matthew Oldfield supports Gerry's account of the moving door. The account of Jane Tanner supports the prospect of an abductor. The account of David Payne supports that Madeleine was alive and well that evening etc etc. All of these are things that sceptics point to as evidence of a collaborative deception.

If you have a specific theory that implicates the parent's involvement but does not rely upon anyone else in the group lying, please share it. Because every option I've seen proposed relies on other members of the group being deliberately dishonest in some way or other.

You are doing everything you can to deflect from addressing the uncomfortable questions being posed. Resorting instead to whataboutery or picking on a trivial semantics you think you can contest.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4272 on: March 03, 2022, 12:04:49 PM »
You're so sure, but Stuart Prior never put anyone straight?

Grime told the PJ at a meeting that the alerts had no evident value.. Read Harrisons report. Grime was writing his CV for his new business.. I've explained it all before. Eddies alerts.. Total BS imo

Offline Ms Para glider

« Reply #4273 on: March 03, 2022, 12:10:23 PM »
It is odd that those pointing out that Amaral’s perjury conviction makes him less reliable as a witness are also the ones hanging their hopes on the witness statements of burglars, drug and people traffickers.

It's not just that he's been convicted for lying and falsifying evidence though is it. He also has a very clear and obvious motive to try pinning everything on the parents, and previous in that regard with the Ciprianos. I don't know that you can say the same about CB's former associates and girlfriends who believe he is guilty, none of whom have been convicted of perjury as far as I'm aware. Unfortunately, any new leads in this case after this amount of time was always likely to come from fellow criminal associates with inside knowledge of the perpetrator.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 12:30:27 PM by Para2030 »

Offline Ms Para glider

« Reply #4274 on: March 03, 2022, 12:13:49 PM »
No background on the case but yet lots supposedly on CB, what can be said from all of this is, 3 forces have let the girl down.

Not the point you were making though was it. The BKA have admitted the 2013 incident was unfortunate and should have been handled better. I'm still waiting to find out why the PJ "ruled him out" in 2007. Apparently they knocked on his door (which door?), he wasn't in, so...what happened then?