Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408648 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #4275 on: March 03, 2022, 12:33:27 PM »
Are you claiming that something is only evidence if it is also witnessed by an independent witness?  I take it you must therefore believe CB's rape conviction is a miscarriage of justice and that there is no evidence the victim was ever raped?

One persons uncorroborated sayso isn't evidence.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4276 on: March 03, 2022, 12:35:22 PM »
If Kate was staging a fake abduction,  can you explain to me why she didn't wipe her fingerprints off the window?

Somebody certainly tried to wipe the window clean.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4277 on: March 03, 2022, 12:36:54 PM »

Yes it is... You need to read up the definition of evidence.

So only Martin Smith ID Gerry... No one else... So that's not evidence too.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4278 on: March 03, 2022, 12:37:45 PM »
Amaral has often said things which are demonstrably untrue, are we supposed to just accept them unchallenged?

Can you elaborate?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4279 on: March 03, 2022, 12:38:17 PM »
Somebody certainly tried to wipe the window clean.

No one tried to wipe the window clean

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4280 on: March 03, 2022, 12:39:21 PM »

Nobody is going to believe the word of official suspects who failed to cooperate with the original police investigation.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4281 on: March 03, 2022, 12:39:46 PM »
No one tried to wipe the window clean

I beg to differ.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4282 on: March 03, 2022, 12:43:54 PM »

I believe you are confused between evidence and recording evidence in a witness statement.

Uncorroborated evidence is not proof of anything.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4283 on: March 03, 2022, 12:45:45 PM »
So basically what you're saying is that the Met and the BKA are worthless organisations that are not capable of investigating crimes and bringing criminals to justice, correct?

Incorrect. They are neither bastions of excellence and perfection nor 'worthless organisations that are not capable of investigating crimes and bringing criminals to justice'. They're fallible because they're made up of human beings. Therefore quoting them to support one's own beliefs isn't really a recommendation imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4284 on: March 03, 2022, 12:53:34 PM »
I believe you are confused between evidence and recording evidence in a witness statement.

Uncorroborated evidence is not proof of anything.

Your the one who's confused.. You start talking about evidence then proof.. A witness statement is evidence.. That's a fact.. Not poof but evidence

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4285 on: March 03, 2022, 12:55:49 PM »
Nobody is going to believe the word of official suspects who failed to cooperate with the original police investigation.

SY and the BKA believe them.. That's what matters

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4286 on: March 03, 2022, 01:14:06 PM »
Conspiracy - a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

And I don't "assume" there was a conspiracy, but all the sceptic theories I've seen (including Amaral's) rely upon collusion within the group to conceal the "truth" or provide a false account of what happened.

For example, their collective accounts don't allow for the parents to have had time to dispose of the body and stage an abduction if an "accident" occured to Madeleine during dinner. Their accounts support the notion that everything was normal, nothing was untoward or suspicious about the parents behaviour prior to the alert if you're assuming something had happened prior to dinner. The account of Matthew Oldfield supports Gerry's account of the moving door. The account of Jane Tanner supports the prospect of an abductor. The account of David Payne supports that Madeleine was alive and well that evening etc etc. All of these are things that sceptics point to as evidence of a collaborative deception.

If you have a specific theory that implicates the parent's involvement but does not rely upon anyone else in the group lying, please share it. Because every option I've seen proposed relies on other members of the group being deliberately dishonest in some way or other.

You are doing everything you can to deflect from addressing the uncomfortable questions being posed. Resorting instead to whataboutery or picking on a trivial semantics you think you can contest.

It sounded like an assumption to me; " Point me to another similar case where you can draw a parralel of a conspiracy on this scale to cover up an accidental death."

What if whatever happened to Madeleine didn't happen during dinner?
Was it normal for Kate McCann to ask her friends if she'd made the right decision by leaving the patio door open so Madeleine could leave 5A and find them? After all, according to Russell they'd been doing it since Sunday evening, although Gerry denied that.
The moving door saga suggests there was an intruder before 9pm, then again before 9.30pm and a third between 9.30 and 10pm. What that explains I can't imagine. The change in the bedroom door position after 9.30pm detracts from Jane Tanner's sighting of an abductor at 9.15pm, unless he went back to move it afterwards.
David Payne did indeed testify that he saw Madeleine at around 6.40pm, but not until 11 months after the event. Then we have his questionnaire when he is reported as saying he was in 5A at 5pm when, supposedly, he was at the beach.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

« Reply #4287 on: March 03, 2022, 01:20:08 PM »
If Kate was staging a fake abduction,  can you explain to me why she didn't wipe her fingerprints off the window?

Yet the strangers supposedly doing so never left any, strange old world to be sure.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4288 on: March 03, 2022, 01:20:21 PM »
Conspiracy - a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

And I don't "assume" there was a conspiracy, but all the sceptic theories I've seen (including Amaral's) rely upon collusion within the group to conceal the "truth" or provide a false account of what happened.

For example, their collective accounts don't allow for the parents to have had time to dispose of the body and stage an abduction if an "accident" occured to Madeleine during dinner. Their accounts support the notion that everything was normal, nothing was untoward or suspicious about the parents behaviour prior to the alert if you're assuming something had happened prior to dinner. The account of Matthew Oldfield supports Gerry's account of the moving door. The account of Jane Tanner supports the prospect of an abductor. The account of David Payne supports that Madeleine was alive and well that evening etc etc. All of these are things that sceptics point to as evidence of a collaborative deception.

If you have a specific theory that implicates the parent's involvement but does not rely upon anyone else in the group lying, please share it. Because every option I've seen proposed relies on other members of the group being deliberately dishonest in some way or other.

You are doing everything you can to deflect from addressing the uncomfortable questions being posed. Resorting instead to whataboutery or picking on a trivial semantics you think you can contest.
^^^this^^^^
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4289 on: March 03, 2022, 01:22:02 PM »
Yes it is.  One day you guys will come to understand the meaning of the word evidence.  I look forward to that day, but I'm not holding my breath.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly