Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408502 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #4455 on: April 01, 2022, 08:36:18 AM »
Which countries do you think have laws which could be used against their citizens for this 'offence'?
Portugal through its courts hve supported Amaral in his attacks on the McCanns reputation although he has actually stopped much of this now. That's what the ECHR case is about

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4456 on: April 01, 2022, 08:39:39 AM »
Which countries do you think have laws which could be used against their citizens for this 'offence'?

Great Britain?

I don't think I can recall any instances where a disgraced senior officer of rank such as Goncalo Amaral has been allowed the "freedom of expression" to mount a propaganda vendetta primarily using the TV media against an innocent couple over the period of years he has.

I think the libel laws of this country would in the first instance preclude any such happenings.

I think the scrutiny of journalists and interviewers would in the second instance never have given a person like Amaral the easy ride their Portuguese counterparts have.

Third but not least is that the British general public simply are not as gullible as the Portuguese seem to be.  MO
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4457 on: April 01, 2022, 08:52:47 AM »
I seem to remember some people in England trying to publish potentially libellous books and having them banned in a Court of Law as they might interfere with Justice.

As it is, publishers in England refused to publish Amaral's book.

Portugal seems to have an over inflated idea of the right to Free Speach and ignore the responsibilities that go with that right.

Fine by me if they don't want to stop him. He is making the State of Portugal look very stupid when a quiet word in his ear would have sufficed.

You clearly hold Amaral in very high regard. I'm not sure he's that high on the list of any state concerns.
Of more concern is their enormous debt, unemployment, impending recession & food & energy crisis, I'd imagine.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4458 on: April 01, 2022, 09:02:12 AM »
You clearly hold Amaral in very high regard. I'm not sure he's that high on the list of any state concerns.
Of more concern is their enormous debt, unemployment, impending recession & food & energy crisis, I'd imagine.

No surprises there then.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4459 on: April 01, 2022, 09:11:02 AM »
No surprises there then.

To be fair, I doubt the state of Germany are too bothered about Christian Brueckner at the moment either, considering their gas supply could be shut off today.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline The General

« Reply #4460 on: April 01, 2022, 09:14:49 AM »
Great Britain?

I don't think I can recall any instances where a disgraced senior officer of rank such as Goncalo Amaral has been allowed the "freedom of expression" to mount a propaganda vendetta primarily using the TV media against an innocent couple over the period of years he has.

I think the libel laws of this country would in the first instance preclude any such happenings.

I think the scrutiny of journalists and interviewers would in the second instance never have given a person like Amaral the easy ride their Portuguese counterparts have.

Third but not least is that the British general public simply are not as gullible as the Portuguese seem to be.  MO
Two words: Ali Dizaei
Have a Google and get back to me.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4461 on: April 01, 2022, 09:15:25 AM »
I seem to remember some people in England trying to publish potentially libellous books and having them banned in a Court of Law as they might interfere with Justice.

As it is, publishers in England refused to publish Amaral's book.

Portugal seems to have an over inflated idea of the right to Free Speach and ignore the responsibilities that go with that right.

Fine by me if they don't want to stop him.  He is making the State of Portugal look very stupid when a quiet word in his ear would have sufficed.

So you think he could be silenced using libel laws? Who would sue him? Who were these English people you mention and who sued them?

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4462 on: April 01, 2022, 09:20:00 AM »
So you think he could be silenced using libel laws? Who would sue him? Who were these English people you mention and who sued them?

We are currently awaiting the outcome of The ECHR.  This does involve Amaral although The State of Portugal will have to pay.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4463 on: April 01, 2022, 09:35:25 AM »
To return to the beginning;

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11381.msg679978#msg679978

Portugal has no laws it can use to shut Amaral up. It seems the only suggestions are that the libel laws be used, but that would involve complainants other than the Portuguese state. The McCanns attempted that, but failed to prove their case in the Portuguese courts.
Result = happy posting.

Offline barrier

« Reply #4464 on: April 01, 2022, 09:59:28 AM »
We are currently awaiting the outcome of The ECHR.  This does involve Amaral although The State of Portugal will have to pay.

You pay too much reliance on Davel re. the ECHR.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 11:31:11 AM by Brietta »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4465 on: April 01, 2022, 10:03:23 AM »
You pay too much reliance on Davel re. the ECHR.

Davel is the only one who actually understands The ECHR.  Coupled with a lot of research.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 11:31:56 AM by Brietta »

Offline jassi

« Reply #4466 on: April 01, 2022, 10:22:42 AM »
Davel is the only one who actually understands The ECHR.  Coupled with a lot of research.

@)(++(*  Now that IS funny.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4467 on: April 01, 2022, 10:27:11 AM »

Let's see if you think it's funny when I'm proved right... As I will be

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4468 on: April 01, 2022, 10:32:50 AM »

Research is hard work.  I rarely do any.  That is funny.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4469 on: April 01, 2022, 10:40:52 AM »
Research is hard work.  I rarely do any.  That is funny.

You don't need to, Davel does it for you. Let's hope he's doing it right, eh?
Result = happy posting.