Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408648 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #5280 on: August 15, 2022, 05:13:44 PM »
I honestly don't think they are.

The lawyer intrigues me.  Was he the 'duty solicitor?'  Is he appointed by the State?  Does his firm do a lot of pro bono work?  If none of these, who is paying him?

Who is paying him?

Nail on the head.  Well done, Brie.

He is reported to be a very good solicitor, so likely to be very expensive.   How would a fairly simple guy like CB find such a high level solicitor too?    *%6^

Who is paying him and why?   $65*

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5281 on: August 15, 2022, 07:50:17 PM »
Who is paying him?

He is reported to be a very good solicitor, so likely to be very expensive.   How would a fairly simple guy like CB find such a high level solicitor too?    *%6^

Everyone is entitled to a Legal Defence.  Some Lawyers will take on this kind of case for the publicity, although I don't necessarily think that this is Fulscher's reason for doing so.  But I can understand his interest in Amaral.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 07:53:08 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Rossb

« Reply #5282 on: August 16, 2022, 08:27:38 AM »
Who is paying him?

https://e-justice.europa.eu/37129/EN/legal_aid?GERMANY&init=true&member=1

Good link to show who gets legal aid

Offline sadie

« Reply #5283 on: August 16, 2022, 07:42:19 PM »
https://e-justice.europa.eu/37129/EN/legal_aid?GERMANY&init=true&member=1

Good link to show who gets legal aid

Thank you.

From reports shown on here, it sounds as though CB has acquired one of the top solicitors.  I wonder who guided him?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5284 on: August 17, 2022, 09:06:27 AM »
Speaking exclusively with nine.com.au, Mr Amaral hit out at Operation Grange, the long-running $20m London Metropolitan Police search for Maddie.
He alleged Operation Grange only had "one investigation line", and claimed it was blinkered to other possibilities about what may have happened in the resort where Madeleine was staying.

"[Operation Grange detectives] are preparing the end of the investigation, with a German paedophile who is in prison right now," Mr Amaral said.

"He is probably going to be the scapegoat for the case."

https://www.9news.com.au/world/madeleine-mccann-german-paedophile-took-maddie-uk-police-amaral-claim-podcast/cc225ca6-7123-4182-985c-89888224bd09

This guy was sacked from Madeleine McCann's investigation and has a long standing grudge against Madeleine's parents - not as a result of being sacked although there is probably an element of that but as a demonstration of his abject inability to follow evidence with an open mind.

Top Maddie detective sacked after a tirade
The Portuguese detective in charge of the Madeleine McCann inquiry has been removed from the case after accusing her parents of manipulating British police.

https://metro.co.uk/2007/10/03/top-maddie-detective-sacked-after-a-tirade-213714/

Can anyone understand why there are people uncritically promoting Amaral's opinions based on nothing but his long discredited theory and deliberate lies.
All with the intention of throwing a spanner into the works of a live police investigation which has spent years following evidence and building a case.

What is his game?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5285 on: August 17, 2022, 09:20:10 AM »
Speaking exclusively with nine.com.au, Mr Amaral hit out at Operation Grange, the long-running $20m London Metropolitan Police search for Maddie.
He alleged Operation Grange only had "one investigation line", and claimed it was blinkered to other possibilities about what may have happened in the resort where Madeleine was staying.

"[Operation Grange detectives] are preparing the end of the investigation, with a German paedophile who is in prison right now," Mr Amaral said.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/madeleine-mccann-german-paedophile-took-maddie-uk-police-amaral-claim-podcast/cc225ca6-7123-4182-985c-89888224bd09

This guy was sacked from Madeleine McCann's investigation and has a long standing grudge against Madeleine's parents - not as a result of being sacked although there is probably an element of that but as a demonstration of his abject inability to follow evidence with an open mind.

The Portuguese detective in charge of the Madeleine McCann inquiry has been removed from the case after accusing her parents of manipulating British police.

https://metro.co.uk/2007/10/03/top-maddie-detective-sacked-after-a-tirade-213714/

Can anyone understand why there are people uncritically promoting Amaral's opinions based on nothing but his long discredited theory and deliberate lies.
All with the intention of throwing a spanner into the works of a live police investigation which has spent years following evidence and building a case.

What is his game?

Why does Portugal put up with this?  Amaral is interfering with the course of justice.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5286 on: August 17, 2022, 09:31:55 AM »

What is his game?
to make hay while the sun shines I guess.  He’s done pretty well out of it so far but here’s hoping the storm clouds are gathering over his bald patch.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5287 on: August 17, 2022, 09:49:43 AM »
Why does Portugal put up with this?  Amaral is interfering with the course of justice.

Logic dictates that for all sorts of reasons and not just legal ones, common decency must come into it somewhere - he may have drawn attention to himself which will prove to be unwelcome.

However this is Amaral and this is Portugal we are talking about.  Where if anyone has enjoyed a "charmed" life I think he's your man!
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5288 on: August 17, 2022, 09:55:14 AM »

Wolters has 100% convincing concrete evidence Brueckner murdered Maddie.
Nothing Amaral can possibly say will change the course of justice.
When Wolters finally puts the evidence before a judge, you'll see.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5289 on: August 17, 2022, 10:08:11 AM »
to make hay while the sun shines I guess.  He’s done pretty well out of it so far but here’s hoping the storm clouds are gathering over his bald patch.

He did use the opportunity he instigated to publish yet another exposé aimed in some measure at the McCanns (going by what people say - I've not read it myself - then I don't think all that many of his target audience have either).

People aren't generally as daft as Amaral and sceptics think they are and my opinion is that the penny has dropped in Portugal.
They didn't make Brueckner an arguido just because the Statute of Limitations was due to kick in.  I reckon there was quite a bit of public shock attendant to the revelations of the German investigation of the type of monsters the inactivity of the Judicial Police had condemned them and their children to sharing their beautiful country with.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5290 on: August 17, 2022, 10:09:03 AM »
Logic dictates that for all sorts of reasons and not just legal ones, common decency must come into it somewhere - he may have drawn attention to himself which will prove to be unwelcome.

However this is Amaral and this is Portugal we are talking about.  Where if anyone has enjoyed a "charmed" life I think he's your man!

I think it's clear that Operation Grange were investigating only stranger abduction. It has nothing to do with decency to point out that fact. It is a fact too, unlike the oft repeated claim that the PJ only suspected and investigated the parents.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

« Reply #5291 on: August 17, 2022, 10:19:05 AM »

He is too arrogant to admit he is wrong.   I would like him to explain how he can say they ruled CB out when also saying they knocked on his door and he wasn't in.  How did they rule him out?  Amaral didn't even know how CB looked at the time as he stated he had dreadlocks.   If they had interviewed CB they would know he didn't have dreadlocks.  It's all a bit of a mystery.   I think they should question Amaral about what he said,  but I doubt that will happen.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5292 on: August 17, 2022, 10:19:55 AM »
I think it's clear that Operation Grange were investigating only stranger abduction. It has nothing to do with decency to point out that fact. It is a fact too, unlike the oft repeated claim that the PJ only suspected and investigated the parents.
no they suspected and investigated Robert Murat too, for a short while but police leaks made it clear very early on where their true focus of attention lay. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5293 on: August 17, 2022, 10:33:28 AM »
Unlike you - Amaral had for once left the confines of groundhog land to fill the boots of the media with the confidential information someone had passed him which set the ball rolling in prematurely exposing the line of investigation and the suspect being pursued in a very active and official police probe.

A deliberately spoiling initiative which in my opinion was designed to kill the investigation by exposing it.

I fully understand why you wish to down play Amaral's role in this.

I fully understand why you cannot bring yourself to think about what his motivation was and is.

I cannot envisage what the motivation the hatred for the McCanns is as revealed in your posts.  That's very much a matter for you and your own conscience.
I would only request you tone it down a little and follow the line of discussion in your responses to my posts.

My post concerns Amaral deliberately revealing confidential information on an active police investigation in 2019.
As I have said - I fully understand your difficulty in defending that.  Quite frankly - there is no defence!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5294 on: August 17, 2022, 10:42:36 AM »
no they suspected and investigated Robert Murat too, for a short while but police leaks made it clear very early on where their true focus of attention lay.

Why is there no understanding that individuals are investigated to rule them in or to rule them out of the equation.

Just because the first result doesn't work out as preferred doesn't mean that constantly covering the same ground using the same evidence is ever going to change things.

A police investigation is an evolving process leading from one evidential fact to the next.  It is not a roundabout!

Neither Amaral or his following seem to understand that and the least of what they are doing is harassment.