Author Topic: Should we have faith in SY given the wrongful conviction of Barry George?  (Read 32771 times)

AnneGuedes

In fact the Yard never claimed they had examined and eliminated one by one the possible crimes listed by the AG to find out that abduction was the only explanation.
It would be a great finding, but I don't think they'll afford it.
The main reason why they focused on abduction is that it leaves a chance for Madeleine to be alive. None of the other possible crimes does.
Only that hope can legitimate the huge amount of money and human energy spent by OG. In the abduction scheme it's hard to see how the parents could be suspects.

Offline Albertini

My fear is that too much time has elapsed for any significant clues to be unearthed at this stage.  If she is still alive the only hope really is that at some stage she comes across a media article or reads something on the internet and realises who she is.

If she is dead I can't see the secret of that death or the location of her final resting place ever being discovered.

Do you accept that Redwood's words, have put her life in danger (if of course she is still alive)?

I generally agree with you although that being said IF at some point in the future the Yard go back to the group and interview them individually then breakthrough's may occur.

Miss Tanner in particular springs to my mind.

Offline Lace

Do you accept that Redwood's words, have put her life in danger (if of course she is still alive)?

What if Redwood's words encourages someone to come forward with evidence of who abducted her?  They can see that SY are getting too close for comfort and want to make sure they get in first before they seek them out?    Show that they want to help and so securing a lighter sentence for their part in it?

Why would the abductor kill Madeleine?    If the abductor knows that SY are eventually going to catch up with him,  then it would be stupid to kill her,   he would have a sentence for murder.

stephen25000

What if Redwood's words encourages someone to come forward with evidence of who abducted her?  They can see that SY are getting too close for comfort and want to make sure they get in first before they seek them out?    Show that they want to help and so securing a lighter sentence for their part in it?

Why would the abductor kill Madeleine?    If the abductor knows that SY are eventually going to catch up with him,  then it would be stupid to kill her,   he would have a sentence for murder.

This case has been in the news on a regular basis for over 6 years and nothing.

I remember when the so called 'eye defect' came up and it was stated then, by advertising that, it would be risky, because if she had been alive , it would be a means of identifying her.

Offline John

Wonder how much of this is true. Shocking, if it is.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2372265/Jill-Dando-shot-dead-olive-skinned-assassin-says-eyewitness.html

Excellent find Redblossom.  8((()*/

The Jill Dando case and Scotland Yards botched investigation of it just gets worse and worse.  The Daily Mail is to be applauded for running this exposé since it reveals another botched investigation.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:41:35 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Luz

It's your police force.

I wouldn't condemn a whole corporation for the miss or under-dids of some. The SY has a place in the world police forces and because there are some bad apples we cannot and must not tinge the work of thousands. Scotland Yard is and always will be praised as an example (come on, I grew up reading novels about those guys).

Unfortunately corruption (or more acurately, politics pressure) permeates even our most sacred institutions. I've watched it in our PJ (which 10 years ago I would have sworn would never oblige) and it's very clear in this late PR attempt to justify the millions expended on an operation they knew would lead nowhere.

Grange Operation is an hoax of the neo-liberals, or conservatives, or whatever they call themselves nowadays (if they know what to respond to)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 06:20:29 AM by Luz »

Offline sadie

The Barry George fiasco was a disgrace.  Little doubt about that .

I think that time will show that the Madeleine Mccann fiasco was also a disgrace.  Not your average cop; he worked hard.

Just the top guys ... many / most of them

Offline John

It just isn't good enough that police officers who target innocent individuals are allowed to carry on with their careers as if nothing had happened.  I find it gutwrenchingly appalling what those b........s did to poor Barry George.  What a bunch of shits and to now deny him some sort of decent compo, those judges are just as bad.

In my opinion the Barry George and the Stephen Lawrence cases have revealed just what SY is about these days.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 12:19:03 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Carana

I would agree that it is unfair to qualify entire police forces as incompetent/corrupt or whatever else because of a few bad apples.

If a police force still has an underlying brutal/quick-conviction/corrupt/racist/nationalistic culture... that may require longer-term change, which may be underway to different degrees in various jurisdictions.

Even so, I wouldn't find it fair to tar everyone with the same brush.

ferryman

This is an interesting read:

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Crim/2007/2722.html

The successful appeal seemed to rest on the likelihood/unlikelihood of that particle in his pocket coming from the bullet of the fired gun that murdered Ms Dando

Offline Carana

This case has been in the news on a regular basis for over 6 years and nothing.

I remember when the so called 'eye defect' came up and it was stated then, by advertising that, it would be risky, because if she had been alive , it would be a means of identifying her.

If she had been your daughter/niece/grandchild, what would you have proposed to ask concerned citizens to be attentive to in order to distinguish her from every other little blonde 3-year-old?

ferryman

told officers they needed to find a man with olive skin, dark hair and who looked like he was of Mediterranean origin,' he told the Sunday Mirror.
'But straight off, they said "We are looking at a local guy over this murder. He is called Barry George." They asked if I knew him and described what he looked like.'

I'm appalled if it's true that police said that ...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2372265/Jill-Dando-shot-dead-olive-skinned-assassin-says-eyewitness.html#ixzz2Zn7FBlSd
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline Albertini

Well if SY were knocking on his door they would have a harder task convicting him without the child than with the child, wouldn't they?

And really, given the case do you think an abductor would be worried about the length of sentence he'd get between this kidnapping and murder? There will be no difference other than being caught without the evidence gives you more of a chance than being caught with the evidence.

It's common sense!

The simple answer is "yes" he has endangered her life if she is still alive.

Offline Albertini

Oh and in reply to the question posed in the thread i would suggest this is the best answer for the majority of this forum:

"Yes we should have faith whilstever the Yard are pursuing an abduction, but that faith will mysteriously vanish to be replaced with contempt and cries of no faith if the Yard come back to investigate the parents or their friends!"

8(0(*