Author Topic: Should asking others’ opinions be against the rules?  (Read 5001 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Should asking others’ opinions be against the rules?
« on: June 26, 2018, 08:08:58 PM »
I have been instructed by another member to stop asking others’ their opinions.  Is this against forum rules now?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

Re: Should asking others’ opinions be against the rules?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 03:41:09 PM »
I have been instructed by another member to stop asking others’ their opinions.  Is this against forum rules now?

AFAIK it's not against the rules, but I don't see the point of asking. If two people have opposing opinions it's usually obvious from reading their posts. I find that posting my own opinion allows others to choose how to respond. They can post evidence which supports or contradicts my opinion or they can post their own opinions. Sometimes people don't have an opinion or they do but don't want to share it. In my experience people will give their opinions if they wish to without being asked.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 05:16:03 PM »
AFAIK it's not against the rules, but I don't see the point of asking. If two people have opposing opinions it's usually obvious from reading their posts. I find that posting my own opinion allows others to choose how to respond. They can post evidence which supports or contradicts my opinion or they can post their own opinions. Sometimes people don't have an opinion or they do but don't want to share it. In my experience people will give their opinions if they wish to without being asked.
Please rest assured I shan’t ask your opinion on any matter ever again, as it clearly irks you when I do so.  Your opinion is completely irrelevant anyway.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 05:22:46 PM »
Please rest assured I shan’t ask your opinion on any matter ever again, as it clearly irks you when I do so.  Your opinion is completely irrelevant anyway.

In your opinion of course VS. G-unit's opinion is of interest to me.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 07:24:36 PM by slartibartfast »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 05:30:40 PM »
In your opinion of course VS. G-unit's opinion is of interest to me. By the way perhaps you should mellow down you are very uptight on here.
  Your opinion is irrelevant also.  Kindly take your grievance with my posts to the actual mods and ask them to do whatever it is you think would be appropriate.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 07:26:13 PM by slartibartfast »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 05:32:40 PM »
You seem to have taken on the mantle of unoffical mod around here, issuing instructions to people whose posts you find wanting.  Your opinion is irrelevant also.  Kindly take your grievance with my posts to the actual mods and ask them to do whatever it is you think would be appropriate.

Don't worry I already have and I hope they will deal with you appropriately.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 05:38:51 PM »
Don't worry I already have and I hope they will deal with you appropriately.
Great  *&(+(+

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 10:18:52 AM »

I asked you to stop asking for my opinion, so I'm pleased you have listened to me. Thank you. I'm also pleased you have decided that my opinions are irrelevant because that's what I was trying to tell you at the time. I couldn't understand why you were interested in the first place.

Why are you still going on about it?

Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 05:49:41 PM »
I asked you to stop asking for my opinion, so I'm pleased you have listened to me. Thank you. I'm also pleased you have decided that my opinions are irrelevant because that's what I was trying to tell you at the time. I couldn't understand why you were interested in the first place.

Why are you still going on about it?
Your the one prolonging the discussion by asking me a question...

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 07:18:43 PM »
Your the one prolonging the discussion by asking me a question...

Which you didn't answer.  @)(++(*
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 11:58:47 PM »
Which you didn't answer.  @)(++(*
And now you’re trying to goad me into further prolonging the dialogue.  Just what do you want exactly - for me to leave you alone or for us to continue the discussion?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 06:33:34 AM »
And now you’re trying to goad me into further prolonging the dialogue.  Just what do you want exactly - for me to leave you alone or for us to continue the discussion?

Just a humorous observation.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2018, 08:09:19 AM »
Just a humorous observation.
Sure.   @)(++(*