Author Topic: A question of common sense?  (Read 23164 times)

Offline sadie

Re: A question of common sense?
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2017, 05:33:33 PM »
A simple question for members.  If you put your children to bed for the night and later when you go to check on them you aren't happy with the situation, what is the very first thing you would do?

Answers?

ps  its not a trick question, I will add replies to my op.

1. Open the door and go into the bedroom.
2. Go over to each cot and bed and check the child.
3. Satisfy yourself that what ever made you feel uneasy is not there.

You are having a dig at Kate here, aren't you?   Shabby tactics.

She arrived and found the door in an unexpected position which initially felt odd to her.

however, she is highly intelligent and I feel sure would instantly remember that Matt was the last person checking the children.  Matt did not know the way that the door was always left slightly open by the parents and she would instantly assume that he had left it open more widely than usual.

She went to close it to its normal position ..... when  ... WHOOSH !

stephen25000

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2017, 06:20:20 PM »
You are having a dig at Kate here, aren't you?   Shabby tactics.

She arrived and found the door in an unexpected position which initially felt odd to her.

however, she is highly intelligent and I feel sure would instantly remember that Matt was the last person checking the children.  Matt did not know the way that the door was always left slightly open by the parents and she would instantly assume that he had left it open more widely than usual.

She went to close it to its normal position ..... when  ... WHOOSH !

As a reminder Sadie, you do not know what happened.

stephen25000

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2017, 06:39:20 PM »
Cheers stephen

... And neither do you!

If Sadie, you had been paying attention to my posts, I have said that the case remains unsolved.

We have our opinions.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2017, 07:32:28 PM »
Everything else was normal, the blinds, curtains and windows closed, very dark, there only being the light that came from the lounge.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm

AND he noticed that Maddie was sleeping as he left her...on top of the covers as it was hot/warm
which according to Kate she was last seen put to be and uder the covers tucked in what with it being cold and all that. and to make the weather reports from the parents more questionable we have gale force winds just at the right moment...

So lets look at the timeline  without times... Gerry claims he leaves the apartment  knowing his children were safe and sleeping, Jane clames moments later to pass by Gerry & Jez and saw the alledged abductor, who did the window drama scene. To offer a possible explanation for this unfortunate timing problem I wonder why;Gerry denies seeing Jane pass by, AND he later claims 'someone' must have been the abductor' was in the apartment while he was there. BUT well, then we have no shutters jemmied, open windows, blowing curtains and ... well whatever else I am missing  from this scene.

It just doesn't fit. None of it.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2017, 07:42:46 PM »
AND he noticed that Maddie was sleeping as he left her...on top of the covers as it was hot/warm
which according to Kate she was last seen put to be and uder the covers tucked in what with it being cold and all that. and to make the weather reports from the parents more questionable we have gale force winds just at the right moment...

So lets look at the timeline  without times... Gerry claims he leaves the apartment  knowing his children were safe and sleeping, Jane clames moments later to pass by Gerry & Jez and saw the alledged abductor, who did the window drama scene. To offer a possible explanation for this unfortunate timing problem I wonder why;Gerry denies seeing Jane pass by, AND he later claims 'someone' must have been the abductor' was in the apartment while he was there. BUT well, then we have no shutters jemmied, open windows, blowing curtains and ... well whatever else I am missing  from this scene.

Hasn't it occurred to you that everything would have fitted like a glove and made total sense had Amaral's suspicions been correct.
For example there would have been 'evidence' of jemmied window furniture ... no one would have been allowed to play around with it either ... no point in setting a scene and then changing it before the police have entered the photograph into the evidence log.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2017, 07:46:33 PM »

The Weather Reports were official Weather Reports ... not Kate and Gerrys.   Some were recorded at Faro and some at nearby Lagos IIRC

They have been posted on here with full sources several times.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2017, 08:17:16 PM »
Hasn't it occurred to you that everything would have fitted like a glove and made total sense had Amaral's suspicions been correct.
For example there would have been 'evidence' of jemmied window furniture ... no one would have been allowed to play around with it either ... no point in setting a scene and then changing it before the police have entered the photograph into the evidence log.
You know what dawned on me yesterday was that the message that Gerry was saying over the phone has been misunderstood.
One person quoted Gerry as saying "they had broke the window shutter".

Now we had the video of the PJ demonstrating that the latch on the window was faulty.  The widow latch is the thing that keeps the window shut or in someone's panic "the window shutter".

All the time we've been thinking the outside window shutters or blinds, as they are sometimes called, were jemmied.
Well the PJ found they hadn't been damaged so we say "Gerry was lying" but all along it was the window latch the "window shutter".
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline John

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2017, 09:02:55 PM »
I think it is very relevant to the situation that neither parent saw fit to admit to turning the children's bedroom light on despite being unable to see the children clearly.   Why was that?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:42:17 AM by Angelo222 »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2017, 10:02:42 PM »
I think it is very relevant to the situation that neither parent saw fit to admit to turning the children's bedroom light on despite being unable to see the children clearly.   Why was that?
It would have been near automatic at some stage,  Kate does mention "not wanting to turn on the light".  That is the moment just before you do turn it on isn't it?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2017, 10:32:35 PM »

AFAIK most parents don't even check on their children overnight unless they hear a noise, let alone keep turning on a light to check that the kids are exactly where they were left - or am I just a bad parent?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2017, 10:47:00 PM »
AFAIK most parents don't even check on their children overnight unless they hear a noise, let alone keep turning on a light to check that the kids are exactly where they were left - or am I just a bad parent?
I asked my friend about she checked her kids and she turned on the light every night before the adults went to bed.
I can't say I did this. 
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2017, 11:11:59 PM »

I can understand why Gerry didn't; he was probably focused on getting back to his dinner and didn't want to wake the children. In Kate's case she sees;

A bedroom door open much further than they had left it.

She, unlike Gerry, doesn't wonder if Madeleine did it. Her only speculation seems to be about Matthew. Rather than checking the children she decides simply to return the door to it's normal position. It slams and she opens it again only to see the whooshing curtains, an open window and raised shutters.

She then enters the room and peers around in the dark to see if the children are there. She doesn't turn the light on because she doesn't want to wake them.

Firstly why was her first thought to check that the children were there? There are signs of a break-in and the person who did it could be anywhere; even in the bedroom with your babies. This is not a situation where you creep into a dark room, you turn on the light!

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline sadie

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2017, 12:18:19 AM »
Admit?  Admit what John?

They would see the children by the light that entered the bedroom from the sitting room lamp.   Going from a well lit room to a darker place means that the eyes had to adjust and then in the darker room look carefully.

John, I dont think that there is any doubt that after a moments adjustment, they could see all three.

We never ever, except in emergency (vomitting etc), switched on the bedroom light.  Light from the landing was sufficient, but our eyes had to adjust.

AIMO

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2017, 12:45:32 AM »
I can understand why Gerry didn't; he was probably focused on getting back to his dinner and didn't want to wake the children. In Kate's case she sees;

A bedroom door open much further than they had left it.

She, unlike Gerry, doesn't wonder if Madeleine did it. Her only speculation seems to be about Matthew. Rather than checking the children she decides simply to return the door to it's normal position. It slams and she opens it again only to see the whooshing curtains, an open window and raised shutters.

She then enters the room and peers around in the dark to see if the children are there. She doesn't turn the light on because she doesn't want to wake them.

Firstly why was her first thought to check that the children were there? There are signs of a break-in and the person who did it could be anywhere; even in the bedroom with your babies. This is not a situation where you creep into a dark room, you turn on the light!
Once she found he window open she probably did turn on the light.
Moderation