Author Topic: Was Pamela Fenn having senior moments?  (Read 11886 times)

Offline John

Re: Was Pamela Fenn having senior moments?
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2017, 10:15:19 AM »
Mrs Fen's statement is non verbatim and translated
So again... How accurate is it

I noticed that this question was raised recently in another thread.  The answer is very simple.  An English speaker gives a statement in English and when it is typed up it is given to them to read or alternatively, if not in English, an interpreter reads it to them.  If the statement is correct it is signed by the witness.  The witness does not require to be able to read the statement in their native language. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:18:00 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2017, 10:20:19 AM »
I very much doubt that Mrs. Fenn heard the remark.  And nor would she have known how unnecessary it might have been.

It has never struck me as unnecessary, just horrendous bad luck.

I stick with unnecessary.  Had Madeleine's parents exercise a modicum of wit they would not have left three toddlers alone in an unlocked holiday apartment.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2017, 10:20:58 AM »
Take it somewhere else Davel for this is a serious thread.  It is important to know whether the crying was on Tuesday night or Wednesday night.

Actually both nights and for all we know it could have been every night.

* Mrs Fenn reported crying for over an hour on the Tuesday night.
* On the Thursday morning Madeleine asked her mother why they had not come when she cried (Wed night).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:23:52 AM by John »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2017, 10:34:25 AM »
I stick with unnecessary.  Had Madeleine's parents exercise a modicum of wit they would not have left three toddlers alone in an unlocked holiday apartment.

In Your Opinon.  Hopefully.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2017, 10:39:07 AM »
Actually both nights and for all we know it could have been every night.

* Mrs Fenn reported crying for over an hour on the Tuesday night.
* On the Thursday morning Madeleine asked her mother why they had not come when she cried (Wed night).
What I am contending from the times given in Pamela Fenn's statement and the Tapas 9 statements there was only one night that they were out that late and that was the Wednesday night, so there is an error, not a lie as such in her statement.

The extract from the Richard D Hall documentary goes through the Pamela Fenn situation very thoroughly and raises some good points.  What is rubbish and what isn't?  What is reported in the press is more than she says in her statement and some of it was prior to her making the statement i.e an article is dated 18th August 2007 yet her statement was the 20th.  So it was not that her statement was leaked but she appears to have said something  before making her statement to the PJ. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx_LmjO6-4A   emphasises some of the discrepancies I'm discussing.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:41:50 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2017, 10:39:32 AM »
I don't think Mrs Fenn was having senior moments.  I think this feisty lady would have been less than thrilled by the furore which accompanied the release of her belated confidential police statement - made four months after the event - into the public domain.

Which makes one wonder ... why the delay in interviewing her?
She was a material witness who lived directly above 5A ... but the police asked her nothing.  Extraordinary, in my opinion.

Mrs Fenn's son put on record "Gerry McCann did come up to apologise to my mother for all the unwanted attention – which was incredibly kind as he has endured a grief and pain that no parent should ever have to withstand.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/8469932/Madeleine-McCann-time-to-forget.html

On 5th May the PJ descended on Luz and did a house to house. Did they visit Mrs Fenn? We don't know so we can't say 'they asked her nothing'. 

If they did visit she didn't mention anything to them or she would have been interviewed. There was also a command post in Block 5 where she could have gone and spoken to the police.

The blame for her late statement can't be laid at the PJ's door unless we know a) if they visited her and b) what she said if they did. She also had the option of approaching them if she thought she had relevant information.

We visited 443 homes, some of which were occupied as the inhabitants of those respective homes were questioned whether they had any information relating to the disappearance of the child, Madeleine McCann or if they witnessed another situation and/or suspicious activity during the dates preceding the events;

In the case of an affirmative answer, these witnesses were taken for formal questioning related to the investigation;
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/EXTERNAL.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2017, 11:02:52 AM »
We don't know how accurate the police statement is because it is non verbatim and not recorded in the witnesses native tongue

That is an Important point
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 11:13:07 AM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2017, 11:12:09 AM »
If Mrs Fenn statement is accurate then Maddie wasn't checked for 90 min which I find hard to believe
The statement has no independent verification which is a favourite description of other statements
Is non verbatim and translated
Was given sometimes after the event
Lots of room for error

stephen25000

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2017, 11:15:27 AM »
If Mrs Fenn statement is accurate then Maddie wasn't checked for 90 min which I find hard to believe
The statement has no independent verification which is a favourite description of other statements
Lots of room for error

It can of course no longer be checked.

Offline John

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2017, 11:17:45 AM »
Lots of room for error

It concerned her so much she considered phoning the police.  Not the sort of thing one does unless pushed to the limit surely?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 11:20:41 AM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2017, 11:22:44 AM »
It can of course no longer be checked.
precisely

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2017, 11:24:20 AM »
It concerned her so much she considered phoning the police.  Not the sort of thing one does unless pushed to the limit surely?

She didn't call the police
That would be pushed to the limit
She didn't even go down to see what was going on so she couldn't have been too concerned

Offline Robittybob1

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2017, 11:31:15 AM »
She didn't call the police
That would be pushed to the limit
She didn't even go down to see what was going on so she couldn't have been too concerned

That's rubbish but then you know that.  She telephoned her friend to ask her advice what to do, she wasn't to know the apartment was open.

I felt sorry for Mrs Fenn having her life disrupted by the stupidity of others.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2017, 11:44:41 AM »
No one has ever told me how they worked out she wasn't home on Wednesday night.  Yet it seems to be the commonly held view.
Moderation