Author Topic: Was Russell really Gerry's boss?  (Read 10782 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Was Russell really Gerry's boss?
« on: June 20, 2017, 01:26:30 AM »
 Russell's rogatory interview "O’BRIEN continued to read through his statement.
Reply “It’s (inaudible), the Leicester Royal Infirmary, maybe rather than, it just reads a bit funny to me, ‘at that time Gerry was my equivalent’ it maybe just says ‘at that time Gerry was my equivalent at Glenfield.’
4064 “Okay.”
Reply “(Inaudible) you know, I’m his boss.”

Was that really true?

If Russell was Gerry's boss that could affect they way they interact. You don't really become too friendly with your boss. But your boss might want to correct your behaviour.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 07:55:04 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Was Russell really Gerry's boss?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 09:23:01 AM »
I have searched the internet and it appears that that comment by Russell has never been discussed before! 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 10:22:14 AM »
To pull rank on someone to say "I'm his boss" that has some importance.  What does that lead to"  "I'm his boss so I tell him what to do!"
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 12:28:06 PM »
Please could you copy and paste the full passage? I can't find it.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 01:33:57 PM »
It's in this part of the rogatory, G-Unit, scroll down a long way.

DC GIERC left the interview room.
 DC 4064 HOLLIDAY entered the interview room.
4064    “Hello Russell.”
 Reply    “Hello.”
4064    “There’s been a change of plans now, I’m going to finish off, we’re going to go through your statement.”
 Reply    “Oh right, okay. Is this the…”
4064    “This is the one I’ve amended, what I will say obviously for reasons because this is going out of the country perhaps we’re doing things slightly different than we would normally.”

ETA Oddly, reading further down that section to where DC Gierc re-enters the room, that seems to be part of Kate's interview.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 01:44:09 PM by misty »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 02:37:49 PM »
It's in this part of the rogatory, G-Unit, scroll down a long way.

DC GIERC left the interview room.
 DC 4064 HOLLIDAY entered the interview room.
4064    “Hello Russell.”
 Reply    “Hello.”
4064    “There’s been a change of plans now, I’m going to finish off, we’re going to go through your statement.”
 Reply    “Oh right, okay. Is this the…”
4064    “This is the one I’ve amended, what I will say obviously for reasons because this is going out of the country perhaps we’re doing things slightly different than we would normally.”

ETA Oddly, reading further down that section to where DC Gierc re-enters the room, that seems to be part of Kate's interview.

Thanks, Misty. I read it twice and couldn't find it. Interesting that he uses the present tense rather than the past tense.

I think Gierce is addressing DC Kate Halliday, not Kate McCann.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 03:27:11 PM »
Thanks, Misty. I read it twice and couldn't find it. Interesting that he uses the present tense rather than the past tense.

I think Gierce is addressing DC Kate Halliday, not Kate McCann.
So this interview  is recorded
In english
And there is, still some misunderstanding

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 05:36:40 PM »
Did you agree Russell says "I'm his boss"?  Which is Russell seeming to claim to be more important than Gerry.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:39:14 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 07:08:14 PM »
Did you agree Russell says "I'm his boss"?  Which is Russell seeming to claim to be more important than Gerry.

He does, but is it beyond doubt he's referring to Gerry?  He seems to be correcting this bit of his statement;

Gerry moved to the Glenfield hospital and worked in the same department as I did but I was based at the Leicester Royal Infirmary, at that time Gerry was my equivalent at Glenfield and a voice at the end of the phone- I’d say this was in 2001-2002................

it maybe just says ‘at that time Gerry was my equivalent at Glenfield.’
4064    “Okay.”
 Reply    “(Inaudible) you know, I’m his boss.”
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RUSSELL-OBRIEN_ROGATORY.htm

You can see the problem with the tense. He should have said 'I was his boss'. He certainly wasn't Gerry's boss at the time he made his statement; he'd moved to Exeter, where he still works.

https://medicine.exeter.ac.uk/people/profile/index.php?web_id=Russell_OBrien

He says elsewhere in his rog statement about Gerry;

he moved down to Leicester as a, as a sort of, as a Trainee Registrar in Cardiology......I worked on the Coronary Care Unit at one Hospital in Leicester and he worked at the, the main Cardiology Unit as a (inaudible), at Glenfield Hospital........then he rotated as part of his training, err down to the Coronary Care at the Royal Infirmary on another ward as well and we ended up working I think for, on the same ward for a, a period of, of about six months and he was down at the Royal for about a year as well and during this time, obviously we worked directly together,

Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 09:24:53 PM »
He does, but is it beyond doubt he's referring to Gerry?  He seems to be correcting this bit of his statement;

Gerry moved to the Glenfield hospital and worked in the same department as I did but I was based at the Leicester Royal Infirmary, at that time Gerry was my equivalent at Glenfield and a voice at the end of the phone- I’d say this was in 2001-2002................

4064    “Okay.”
 Reply   (Inaudible) you know, I’m his boss.”
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RUSSELL-OBRIEN_ROGATORY.htm

You can see the problem with the tense. He should have said 'I was his boss'. He certainly wasn't Gerry's boss at the time he made his statement; he'd moved to Exeter, where he still works.

https://medicine.exeter.ac.uk/people/profile/index.php?web_id=Russell_OBrien

He says elsewhere in his rog statement about Gerry;

he moved down to Leicester as a, as a sort of, as a Trainee Registrar in Cardiology......I worked on the Coronary Care Unit at one Hospital in Leicester and he worked at the, the main Cardiology Unit as a (inaudible), at Glenfield Hospital........then he rotated as part of his training, err down to the Coronary Care at the Royal Infirmary on another ward as well and we ended up working I think for, on the same ward for a, a period of, of about six months and he was down at the Royal for about a year as well and during this time, obviously we worked directly together,

4064    “Okay.”
 Reply   (Inaudible) you know, I’m his boss.”quote end
The word "Inaudible" may well indicate that Russell wasn't heard properly ... and as such may have been misquoted, IMO.
Personally I dont think that we should take too much notice of this

Furthermore, they were in seperate hospitals in Leicester and IIRC Russell is younger than Gerry so unlikely to be Gerrys boss. IMO.;   But that is all that it is .... my opinion based on the norm

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 11:15:45 PM »

4064    “Okay.”
 Reply   (Inaudible) you know, I’m his boss.”quote end
The word "Inaudible" may well indicate that Russell wasn't heard properly ... and as such may have been misquoted, IMO.
Personally I dont think that we should take too much notice of this

Furthermore, they were in seperate hospitals in Leicester and IIRC Russell is younger than Gerry so unlikely to be Gerrys boss. IMO.;   But that is all that it is .... my opinion based on the norm

I think the McCanns were two years older than Russell. He, however, seems to have had a more seamless career path. He went from the University of Leicester to work in the University Hospitals of Leicester, which includes Glenfield Hospital and Leicester General and Royal.

Gerry went to New Zealand, then to Glasgow's Western Infirmary where his interest was exercise physiology.  He arrived in Leicester in 2000 to move into Cardiology per se.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 07:47:47 AM »
I think the McCanns were two years older than Russell. He, however, seems to have had a more seamless career path. He went from the University of Leicester to work in the University Hospitals of Leicester, which includes Glenfield Hospital and Leicester General and Royal.

Gerry went to New Zealand, then to Glasgow's Western Infirmary where his interest was exercise physiology.  He arrived in Leicester in 2000 to move into Cardiology per se.
So he might have had a more senior role but not actually Gerry's boss.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 07:53:13 AM »
So he might have had a more senior role but not actually Gerry's boss.
I don't recall him being in cardiology so couldn't have been Gerry's boss
Gerry's career certainly has gone from strength to strength

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 07:56:29 AM »
I don't recall him being in cardiology so couldn't have been Gerry's boss
Gerry's career certainly has gone from strength to strength
So what could have prompted Russell to declare "I'm his boss"?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 08:07:12 AM »
So what could have prompted Russell to declare "I'm his boss"?

I don't see it as being of any importance whatsoever
Like most of the, current  threads
Imo
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:32:10 AM by davel »