Author Topic: Is there a plausible, logical theory of abduction?  (Read 101680 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Is there a plausible, logical theory of abduction?
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2017, 01:57:45 PM »
It seems those who believe that Madeleine was abducted don't have a logical plausible theory showing who, how or why it happened. They just 'believe' it happened and some even hope she's alive, despite the statistical unlikelihood that she would be. It seems no-one is prepared to put any work in to support their beliefs.

I think it's called blind faith G.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2017, 02:06:35 PM »
Are you serious?!  If she was abducted by a stranger then no one here would have any idea who took her or why it happened.  We have demonstrated however that there was opportunity for her to have been taken. I can  speculate that she was taken to be raped or abused and then disposed of by a paedophile, which is a perfectly plausible (if unpalatable) theory.  I can also speculate that she was disposed of not that far from the place she was taken and murdered.  But to say that abduction is neither logical or plausible is patently absurd.

No one disputed that did they?
What I would like to see is a well thought out analysis of how the "abduction" was executed taking into consideration all the available evidence relating to the ambient conditions at the time.
So far no takers.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

ferryman

« Reply #212 on: January 23, 2017, 02:47:46 PM »
What I would like to see is a well thought out analysis of how the "abduction" was executed taking into consideration all the available evidence relating to the ambient conditions at the time.
So far no takers.

I'm not sure you could draw up a well-thought-out analysis of how Peter Voisey carried out his crime.

The one fact beyond dispute is that he did.

And that more difficult, I would say, than the crime of which Madeleine was a victim.

Offline Benice

« Reply #213 on: January 23, 2017, 02:59:20 PM »
I think it's called blind faith G.

I doubt if the Portuguese AG was using 'blind faith' Faith - when, after studying and pondering all the evidence  he removed their arguido status on the grounds that there was no evidence of any involvement by them in Madeleine's disappearance.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #214 on: January 23, 2017, 03:12:35 PM »
I doubt if the Portuguese AG was using 'blind faith' Faith - when, after studying and pondering all the evidence  he removed their arguido status on the grounds that there was no evidence of any involvement by them in Madeleine's disappearance.

Be honest Benice you thought the McCanns innocent even before the release of the files?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Alfie

« Reply #215 on: January 23, 2017, 03:13:41 PM »
If no one is disputing that there was clear opportunity for Madeleine to be taken by a stranger then that's really all that needs to be said - considering the child has disappeared never to be seen again, and considering there was opportunity to take her from an unlocked apartement, and considering there has been no indication of any crime committed by the parents with regard to her disappearance, then stranger abduction is both a plausible and logical explanation for her disappearance.  All the rest is guesswork. 

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2017, 03:27:04 PM »
So far no takers.
The mechanics of an abduction are ridiculously simple and the degree of risk involved using either potential method is ridiculously low.  It matters not a jot whether the timeline of checks that night is accurate or whether it is inaccurate.  It happens to get even easier with less frequent checks but it does not require them.  And both methods can be done by a single person.  Neither requires a team effort.

A while back I started from this point.  Given what we know of the checking, is it possible to mount an operation that results in the abduction of Madeleine, and better still, is low risk?  The answer is that there are two ways that satisfy both criteria.

There was low or zero risk until such times as an abductor entered the front door of apartment 5A or until an abductor passed through the unlocked patio doors.  From that point on it is simply a question of speed.

However, in the absence of evidence to support these two methods, I cannot claim that this is what happened, merely that both are feasible logistically.
What's up, old man?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2017, 03:30:19 PM »
If no one is disputing that there was clear opportunity for Madeleine to be taken by a stranger then that's really all that needs to be said - considering the child has disappeared never to be seen again, and considering there was opportunity to take her from an unlocked apartement, and considering there has been no indication of any crime committed by the parents with regard to her disappearance, then stranger abduction is both a plausible and logical explanation for her disappearance.  All the rest is guesswork.

No indication to this point.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2017, 03:32:47 PM »
You haven't solved the issues of how said perpetrator knew Madeleine was in there and method of entry.  Until you do, you cannot claim logical and plausible.

I have solved both, but those are the bits I can't post due to libel restrictions, given that I cannot support such a hypothesis with irrefutable evidence.
What's up, old man?

Offline John

« Reply #219 on: January 23, 2017, 03:46:59 PM »
i have come to the conclusion that abduction is by far the most probable solution

And what are you basing that on?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Alfie

« Reply #220 on: January 23, 2017, 03:49:53 PM »
You haven't solved the issues of how said perpetrator knew Madeleine was in there and method of entry.  Until you do, you cannot claim logical and plausible.

I have solved both, but those are the bits I can't post due to libel restrictions, given that I cannot support such a hypothesis with irrefutable evidence.
It is plausible and logical to suggest that an abductor would have chosen his quarry prior to abduction and through a process of observation / reconnaissance / tip-off ascertained where and when to strike.  Method of entry is simple.  There was an unlocked patio door and an open window - take your pick.  alternatively we know that burglaries had taken place in the same complex with no sign of a break in, so it is plausible and logical to suggest that spare or skeleton keys could have been used to gain entry to the apartment.  All perfectly plausible, all perfectly logical. 

ferryman

« Reply #221 on: January 23, 2017, 03:50:48 PM »

So long as you don't name anyone, neither are you libelling anyone, by merely posting a theory.

ETA: So long as nothing you say makes anyone (named and known!) identifiable.

Offline John

« Reply #222 on: January 23, 2017, 03:52:01 PM »
Are you serious?!  If she was abducted by a stranger then no one here would have any idea who took her or why it happened.  We have demonstrated however that there was opportunity for her to have been taken.  I can  speculate that she was taken to be raped or abused and then disposed of by a paedophile, which is a perfectly plausible (if unpalatable) theory.  I can also speculate that she was disposed of not that far from the place she was taken and murdered.  But to say that abduction is neither logical or plausible is patently absurd.

Then again she may have woken up, heard her fathers voice outside and tried to follow him only to be run over and carried off.  Point is, both scenarios are possible and plausible.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

ferryman

« Reply #223 on: January 23, 2017, 03:53:39 PM »
Then again she may have woken up, heard her fathers voice outside and tried to follow him only to be run over and carried off.  Point is, both scenarios are possible and plausible.

Not according to the final PJ report.

Offline John

« Reply #224 on: January 23, 2017, 03:53:42 PM »
So long as you don't name anyone, neither are you libelling anyone, by merely posting a theory.

ETA: So long as nothing you say makes anyone (named and known!) identifiable.

I hope you remember that next time you post that a certain unmentionable dog handler was incompetent.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 10:59:12 PM by John »