Author Topic: Is there a plausible, logical theory of abduction?  (Read 102554 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Is there a plausible, logical theory of abduction?
« Reply #300 on: January 23, 2017, 11:04:03 PM »
My logic is not flawed.

You logic is absolutely flawed. Just because an occurrence is more improbable than another does not mean it couldn't have happened. Peter Voisey is just such a case. It was highly improbable that an individual unknown to the family would have taken the risk of entering a house which he knew to be occupied and finding a child, alone and vulnerable, and having the nerve to abduct her, but it happened. A number of improbable events leading to a criminal offence.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #301 on: January 23, 2017, 11:07:18 PM »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/kidnapper-spied-madeleine-mccann-police-1897649

If you have had a long hard day this will provide some light entertainment before you turn in.

Thanks Alice that's cheered me right up ! @)(++(*
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Alfie

« Reply #302 on: January 23, 2017, 11:07:58 PM »
You logic is absolutely flawed. Just because an occurrence is more improbable than another does not mean it couldn't have happened. Peter Voisey is just such a case. It was highly improbable that an individual unknown to the family would have taken the risk of entering a house which he knew to be occupied and finding a child, alone and vulnerable, and having the nerve to abduct her, but it happened. A number of improbable events leading to a criminal offence.
Er, if that is what I had ever asserted then you'd be right - my logic would be flawed.  But as I've never said that then I'm aftaid it's back to the drawing board for you, but thanks for highlighting the case of a sucessful child abduction from a house by a complete stranger.  So, as in this case, abduction is both possible and plausible.   

Alfie

« Reply #303 on: January 23, 2017, 11:09:58 PM »
Thanks Alice that's cheered me right up ! @)(++(*
What a strange pair you are, to find that article so amusing. 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #304 on: January 23, 2017, 11:11:49 PM »
Er, if that is what I had ever asserted then you'd be right - my logic would be flawed.  But as I've never said that then I'm aftaid it's back to the drawing board for you, but thanks for highlighting the case of a sucessful child abduction from a house by a complete stranger.  So, as in this case, abduction is both possible and plausible.

Is possible and plausible per se, there was time, but the surrounding importable events make it unlikely.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #305 on: January 23, 2017, 11:13:03 PM »
What a strange pair you are, to find that article so amusing.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so contemptible.

Alfie

« Reply #306 on: January 23, 2017, 11:13:50 PM »
Is possible and plausible per se, there was time, but the surrounding importable events make it unlikely.
Name one surrounding event that makes abduction unlikely.  Also, by "importable" did you mean "improbable", and if so did you not just write this?
"Just because an occurrence is more improbable than another does not mean it couldn't have happened"?

Alfie

« Reply #307 on: January 23, 2017, 11:15:24 PM »
It would be hilarious if it wasn't so contemptible.
You found it so hilarious it "cheered you up" - an article about potential vantage points of a child abducutor - you've got to admit that's a bit sick.  What is so contemptible about that article?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #308 on: January 23, 2017, 11:19:48 PM »
You found it so hilarious it "cheered you up" - an article about potential vantage points of a child abducutor - you've got to admit that's a bit sick.  What is so contemptible about that article?

If you really don't know Alfie then I'm not going to waste my time explain it to you.

Alfie

« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2017, 11:28:29 PM »
If you really don't know Alfie then I'm not going to waste my time explain it to you.
I know the article doesnt suit your agenda, and also that you seem to get your jollies by ridiculing the idea that Madeleine may have been abducted by a stranger, and also that you are firmly convinced that every article in the MSM that seems to support the idea that the Met are pursuing the abduction angle has been written by the McCanns, but beyond that no, I really don't know what you find so funny. 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2017, 11:30:00 PM »
The sceptcis have claimed for a long long time that SY have not said that they believe maddie was abducted but they merely believed that an abduction was possible....now they are trying to claim that an abduction was not possible....

that is a perfect example of totally flawed logic....

Offline John

« Reply #311 on: January 23, 2017, 11:44:23 PM »
I know this is a hot topic but could all posters please moderate their language. TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #312 on: January 24, 2017, 12:03:25 AM »
I know the article doesnt suit your agenda, and also that you seem to get your jollies by ridiculing the idea that Madeleine may have been abducted by a stranger, and also that you are firmly convinced that every article in the MSM that seems to support the idea that the Met are pursuing the abduction angle has been written by the McCanns, but beyond that no, I really don't know what you find so funny.

And while the MSM have done Madeleine and the McCanns such a disservice in the past I'm not at all sure why you're such a big fan.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #313 on: January 24, 2017, 12:22:37 AM »
The denial of the plausibility or logic of stranger abduction in Madeleine McCann's case as discussed by some on this thread ... in my opinion ... is akin to denying that child abduction by strangers does not happen.
Would that we lived in such enlightened times. 

O tempora o mores! "A British property owner in the resort of Praia Da Luz said the police had pinpointed “persons of interest” to the blocks" http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/kidnapper-spied-madeleine-mccann-police-1897649 is unashamedly and mockingly posted and unashamedly lauded.
Not a thought is given to the investigators who in 2007 failed to investigated ... while the investigators who did investigate in 2013 are derided.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7884.msg377825#msg377825
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7884.msg377832#msg377832
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:31:52 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2017, 12:32:04 AM »
To be perfectly blunt, I find this quite objectionable.

I have made it 100% crystal clear that I cannot provide sufficient evidence to support any particular scenario.

I have not explained how a scenario involving some or several of the Tapas 9 is feasible.  Further, I have accepted that other scenarios are possible.

IMO, you have done yourself a disservice with this post.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:32:37 PM by John »
What's up, old man?