Author Topic: Crecheman's identity finally revealed  (Read 50604 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Crecheman's identity finally revealed
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2018, 01:46:52 PM »
If he looked right and there was no one there then they will know that he couldn't have been the man JT says she saw.  JT can surely not be credited with knowing Julian Totman crossed that street if she was not in the vicinity at the time!

Jane Tanner could be far away when seeing him and not close. Totman will know if she was close or not like she said.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2018, 01:54:01 PM »
They may well have chosen not to take their daughter out and left  her at the creche... Simple
Out where? That was the point of my post.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2018, 02:00:08 PM »
Jane Tanner could be far away when seeing him and not close. Totman will know if she was close or not like she said.
How much further away could she have been and what does it actually matter if she was a few feet further back than she said?  She saw him. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #228 on: May 09, 2018, 02:44:35 PM »
Out where? That was the point of my post.

Local restaurant... Just because they are child friendly does not mean they took their daughter

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2018, 03:03:28 PM »
Local restaurant... Just because they are child friendly does not mean they took their daughter
Which local restaurant?  It is the distance and the time to get back to the crèche in an emergency that is important.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #230 on: May 09, 2018, 03:04:59 PM »
Which local restaurant?  It is the distance and the time to get back to the crèche in an emergency that is important.

I really can't be bothered to look on trip advisor... It's not that important to me

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2018, 03:10:07 PM »
I really can't be bothered to look on trip advisor... It's not that important to me
OK.  So pure speculation on your part with not an IMO in sight.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #232 on: May 09, 2018, 03:15:44 PM »
OK.  So pure speculation on your part with not an IMO in sight.

Where would you insert your.. IMO..

Your post is pure, speculation

According  to VS there were 11 children in the creche... Where were their parents..

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #233 on: May 09, 2018, 03:25:49 PM »
Where would you insert your.. IMO..

Your post is pure, speculation

According  to VS there were 11 children in the creche... Where were their parents..
I asked about Totman + child, not the others in the crèche.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #234 on: May 09, 2018, 03:46:54 PM »
I asked about Totman + child, not the others in the crèche.

You asked where he could be... Possibly in a similar place to the other parents who left their children in the creche... That's why I mention them

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2018, 03:50:43 PM »
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAPAS_BOOKING.htm

Having rechecked this, it appears the Totmans were booked in at Tapas for 7pm, 2+1, on Tuesday evening.  Presumably this meant their other child was being cared for separately.

There is no booking at the Tapas for the Totmans on Wednesday or Thursday.

This implies eat-in (from supermarket food or a take-away), out in Luz (to one of the many family-friendly options on offer) or the Millennium.  None of these sits comfortably with a child in the crèche.

In your opinion ...the Doctor says his daughter was in the creche... I see no reason to doubt him
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:58:09 PM by Davel »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #236 on: May 09, 2018, 04:18:11 PM »
In your opinion ...the Doctor says his daughter was in the creche... I see no reason to doubt him
I will leave you to believe that a man heading the wrong way fits Totman.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #237 on: May 09, 2018, 04:22:33 PM »
I will leave you to believe that a man heading the wrong way fits Totman.

That is rubbish as I've never suggested it

Offline Carana

« Reply #238 on: May 09, 2018, 05:03:41 PM »
Tim Craig-Harvey: She was then presented with a photograph of this guy George in the market at which point she broke down and said “That is the guy that I saw carrying the child”. This was a pretty strong indication that the guy who had been seen in Portugal, had an integral role in the disappearance of Madeleine. It was extraordinary to be in the room next door on my own, listening to the conversation, and to be part of her reaction.

Thanks Faith. On the Powerpoint presentation, it's presented as "Jane Tanner believes that there is an 80% likelihood that this is the same man that she saw carrying away the child, believed to be Madeleine."

But this is in reference to Cooperman...

I have a recollection that she explained that comparison episode somewhere, but I can't lay my hands on it for the moment. It doesn't seem to be in her rog unless I missed it.

Looking at those two impressions, I might also have been tempted to think it could have been the same person (similar hair, clothing style...), but Cooperman doesn't seem to resemble Totman to me.

So... dunno.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #239 on: May 09, 2018, 05:17:32 PM »
How much further away could she have been and what does it actually matter if she was a few feet further back than she said?  She saw him.

It would be unusual for all 3 witnesses not to see Jane at a close distance don't ya think? Or is that normal to you?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.