Author Topic: Madeleine McCann alive?  (Read 24073 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Madeleine McCann alive?
« Reply #195 on: March 13, 2019, 01:05:25 PM »
The signed statements are facts and evidence in the case. Your facts are opinions about the reliability of those statements and are not evidence in the case.

my posts contain facts....and are evidence in the case as they relate to the statemnts...if you cant see that its your problem...you have  aproblem understandiing what is a fact and what is evidence...imo

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2019, 01:07:14 PM »
They were leading their lives and were still doing it in 2014, just as they are in 2019, I presume. SY were unable to connect them to the case. Perhaps it's time to move on?

strange commnet...it looks like neither grange nor teh PJ have been able to connect teh mccans to any criminal case...certainly time to move on

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2019, 01:20:05 PM »
my posts contain facts....and are evidence in the case as they relate to the statemnts...if you cant see that its your problem...you have  aproblem understandiing what is a fact and what is evidence...imo

If it ever came to trial then the statements taken at the beginning would be admissible as evidence. A defendant might want to criticise those statements and they may be allowed to call expert witnesses for that. Those expert witnesses would not include the McCanns or Colin Sutton; their opinions would not be admissible as evidence any more than yours would be.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2019, 01:56:26 PM »
If it ever came to trial then the statements taken at the beginning would be admissible as evidence. A defendant might want to criticise those statements and they may be allowed to call expert witnesses for that. Those expert witnesses would not include the McCanns or Colin Sutton; their opinions would not be admissible as evidence any more than yours would be.
You said there was no evidence... I've shown there is.... Now you are arguing as to what is admissible....as the statements were taken as witness statements... Non arguido.... Can they be used against the mccanns...could you provide, a cite they would be admissable as you have claimed

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #199 on: March 13, 2019, 04:19:10 PM »
You said there was no evidence... I've shown there is.... Now you are arguing as to what is admissible....as the statements were taken as witness statements... Non arguido.... Can they be used against the mccanns...could you provide, a cite they would be admissable as you have claimed

Of course they can be used, in the same way as witness statements here can be used at trial.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #200 on: March 13, 2019, 04:21:15 PM »
Of course they can be used, in the same way as witness statements here can be used at trial.

suspects are interviewed under caution....can statements made without being cautioned be used against a witness,...if so whats the point of a caution...

Interviews under caution
Once police have grounds to suspect someone of an offence, the person must be cautioned before being asked any further questions. Unless this is done, the suspect's answers, or silence, cannot be used in court
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:23:44 PM by Davel »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2019, 04:49:05 PM »
suspects are interviewed under caution....can statements made without being cautioned be used against a witness,...if so whats the point of a caution...

Interviews under caution
Once police have grounds to suspect someone of an offence, the person must be cautioned before being asked any further questions. Unless this is done, the suspect's answers, or silence, cannot be used in court

Any statements made voluntarily can be used in court imo.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2019, 04:52:38 PM »

That's your opinion... But it doesn't seem to be what the law, says.. I think you are, quite, wrong

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2019, 04:57:34 PM »

What statements, aren't voluntary.... Those that are beaten out of a, suspect

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #204 on: March 13, 2019, 04:57:39 PM »
That's your opinion... But it doesn't seem to be what the law, says.. I think you are, quite, wrong

https://www.out-law.com/topics/dispute-resolution-and-litigation/court-procedure/witness-statements/

A witness statement is a formal document containing your own account of the facts relating to issues arising in a dispute. Comments made in the statement should be limited to fact, and comments based on opinion should be kept to a minimum.
The purpose of the witness statement is to provide written evidence to support a party's case that will, if necessary, be used as evidence in court. The statement is a crucial part of the case, designed to show it in its strongest light. It is important, therefore, to ensure that the statement is accurate and comprehensive.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #205 on: March 13, 2019, 04:59:33 PM »

https://www.out-law.com/topics/dispute-resolution-and-litigation/court-procedure/witness-statements/

A witness statement is a formal document containing your own account of the facts relating to issues arising in a dispute. Comments made in the statement should be limited to fact, and comments based on opinion should be kept to a minimum.
The purpose of the witness statement is to provide written evidence to support a party's case that will, if necessary, be used as evidence in court. The statement is a crucial part of the case, designed to show it in its strongest light. It is important, therefore, to ensure that the statement is accurate and comprehensive.

All very true but... Can a witness statement be used against the witness... Who has not been cautioned... My cite, says no

That's, why suspects are read their rights

Online Eleanor

« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2019, 05:06:24 PM »
All very true but... Can a witness statement be used against the witness... Who has not been cautioned... My cite, says no

That's, why suspects are read their rights

If people aren't cautioned then their statements aren't admissible.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2019, 05:09:43 PM »
If people aren't cautioned then their statements aren't admissible.

That's as, I understand  it.... Otherwise what's the point if the caution.... From the govt website

15. When there are grounds to suspect that a person has committed an offence, you must caution them before any questions about it are put to them to ensure that the answers (or any failure to answer) are capable of being admissible in evidence in a prosecution.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2019, 05:11:32 PM »

So are you stating a fact or opinion... It appears none of those statements, are admissible evidence ..
Although  it's UK law quoted the definition of arguido would indicate that's the applicable term in portugal

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #209 on: March 13, 2019, 05:50:49 PM »

deleted
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly