Author Topic: No Interview This Anniversary ?  (Read 30127 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: No Interview This Anniversary ?
« Reply #225 on: May 21, 2018, 11:11:58 AM »
A tabloid doing what tabloids sometimes do best?  Kate and Gerry issued a statement ... that can be trusted to have emanated from them.  Unattributed quotes are not quite the same.

What Slarti and I have proved is that there was one "break from the norm" which was on the seventh anniversary.

You said "Every year since 2012 they have given an interview on the anniversary while the investigation trundled on. Every year they have said in that interview that they can't discuss any specific details about the investigation....why couldn't they simply say that this year ?" http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9435.msg459343#msg459343
In my opinion that statement which you cannot substantiate is wrong and your post suggests to me that you do not have the grace to accept that and move on from there.

2013 Interview...

http://www.itv.com/news/2013-05-01/mccanns-admit-struggle-allowing-twins-normal-childhood/
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #226 on: May 21, 2018, 11:21:52 AM »
A tabloid doing what tabloids sometimes do best?  Kate and Gerry issued a statement ... that can be trusted to have emanated from them.  Unattributed quotes are not quite the same.

What Slarti and I have proved is that there was one "break from the norm" which was on the seventh anniversary.

You said "Every year since 2012 they have given an interview on the anniversary while the investigation trundled on. Every year they have said in that interview that they can't discuss any specific details about the investigation....why couldn't they simply say that this year ?" http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9435.msg459343#msg459343
In my opinion that statement which you cannot substantiate is wrong and your post suggests to me that you do not have the grace to accept that and move on from there.

Puts me in mind of The Water Babies and wotzerface...... *%87 got it..... Mrs Do As You Would Be Done By  8(>((
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #227 on: May 21, 2018, 11:27:13 AM »
2013 Interview...

http://www.itv.com/news/2013-05-01/mccanns-admit-struggle-allowing-twins-normal-childhood/

Prior to the re-opening of Madeleine's case at the end of 2013 though.

Snip

17 May: UK detectives reviewing the case say they have identified "a number of persons of interest".

4 July: The Metropolitan Police says it has new evidence and has opened a formal investigation. It says it is investigating 38 "persons of interest".

14 October: A BBC Crimewatch appeal features e-fit images of a man seen carrying a blond-haired child of three or four, possibly wearing pyjamas, in Praia da Luz at about the time Madeleine went missing. It also shows a detailed reconstruction of events on the night she disappeared.

24 October: Portuguese police reopen their inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance, citing "new lines of inquiry". The Scotland Yard inquiry will run alongside the Portuguese investigation.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13386785
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #228 on: May 21, 2018, 11:29:58 AM »
Prior to the re-opening of Madeleine's case at the end of 2013 though.

Snip

17 May: UK detectives reviewing the case say they have identified "a number of persons of interest".

4 July: The Metropolitan Police says it has new evidence and has opened a formal investigation. It says it is investigating 38 "persons of interest".

14 October: A BBC Crimewatch appeal features e-fit images of a man seen carrying a blond-haired child of three or four, possibly wearing pyjamas, in Praia da Luz at about the time Madeleine went missing. It also shows a detailed reconstruction of events on the night she disappeared.

24 October: Portuguese police reopen their inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance, citing "new lines of inquiry". The Scotland Yard inquiry will run alongside the Portuguese investigation.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13386785

I’m not sure what you are driving at, the question was about the annual interview for the anniversary?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline slartibartfast

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #230 on: May 21, 2018, 11:41:33 AM »

What has been proved is that the parents have never given an excuse for their decisions re publicity
 around the anniversary...until this year.

As to it being a tabloid invention all I can say is ‘get you Mrs Tabloid Cut and Paste’.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 11:53:06 AM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #231 on: May 21, 2018, 12:46:58 PM »
I’m not sure what you are driving at, the question was about the annual interview for the anniversary?

Exactly ... an assertion made by Faithlilly for which there is no foundation ... since the re-opening of Madeleine's case, there has been no annual interview  ... as you have proved by the links you kindly provided.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #232 on: May 21, 2018, 12:53:39 PM »
What has been proved is that the parents have never given an excuse for their decisions re publicity
 around the anniversary...until this year.

As to it being a tabloid invention all I can say is ‘get you Mrs Tabloid Cut and Paste’.

Actually, it is my opinion that you have proved your disregard for forum protocol by not providing a cite in support of your assertion.
It has also been proved by slarti, who did take heed of forum rules by providing links, that your assertion was in error.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #233 on: May 21, 2018, 02:26:55 PM »
Actually, it is my opinion that you have proved your disregard for forum protocol by not providing a cite in support of your assertion.
It has also been proved by slarti, who did take heed of forum rules by providing links, that your assertion was in error.

I hold my hands up. I was rather laissez-faire.

What is true however is that

a) for the last at least three years the parents have not directly thanked OG for the work they are doing.
b) this year The Sun newspaper has alleged the parents have given an excuse for not doing an interview.
c) we still have heard not one word from DCI Wall since she took over.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:07:42 PM by Brietta »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #234 on: May 21, 2018, 02:36:40 PM »
I hold my hands up. I was rather laissez-faire.

What is true however is that

a) for the last at least three years the parents have not directly thanked OG for the work they are doing.
b) this year The Sun newspaper has alleged the parents have given an excuse for not doing an interview.
c) we still have heard not one word from DCI Wall since she took over.
One has to admire your blind faith in these little signs that you have woven together to create a narrative that suits your beliefs, but it is also a recipe for huge disappointment ahead, IMO.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:08:45 PM by Brietta »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #235 on: May 21, 2018, 02:37:02 PM »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #236 on: May 21, 2018, 02:50:50 PM »
Did you read the correction printed regarding that link a very, very short time thereafter?

ITV deny Kate and Gerry McCann talkshow booking despite rumours they cancelled Lorraine Kelly gig
https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/1153058/itv-deny-kate-and-gerry-mccann-talkshow-booking-despite-rumours-they-cancelled-lorraine-kelly-gig/

My, my I’m proved wrong again. They did make an excuse for not doing an interview in 2016.

I suppose with the 10th anniversary and all an interview was unavoidable hence the easy one with Fiona Bruce.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2018, 03:01:30 PM »
Did you read the correction printed regarding that link a very, very short time thereafter?

ITV deny Kate and Gerry McCann talkshow booking despite rumours they cancelled Lorraine Kelly gig
https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/1153058/itv-deny-kate-and-gerry-mccann-talkshow-booking-despite-rumours-they-cancelled-lorraine-kelly-gig/

You wonder they didn’t sue.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2018, 03:15:02 PM »
You wonder they didn’t sue.

Why would ITV sue The Sun?  The error was immediately rectified ... I think any libel lawyer or judge would find that acceptable.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:22:02 PM by John »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #239 on: May 21, 2018, 07:03:42 PM »
One has to admire your blind faith in these little signs that you have woven together to create a narrative that suits your beliefs, but it is also a recipe for huge disappointment ahead, IMO.
as long as there is disappointment that is a start.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.