Author Topic: 276 Nigerian girls 'stolen' by Islamic extremists  (Read 6751 times)

Offline Tim Invictus

276 Nigerian girls 'stolen' by Islamic extremists
« on: May 07, 2014, 12:09:42 PM »
276 schoolgirls plus another 11 yesterday just stolen! What the feck! Imagine if this had happened in Europe or America; this story would be as big as 911!

And what the feck is up with radical muslims in all parts of the world. Literally 10's of 1000's are killed every year in the name of Allah and Mohammad. Thank god our brilliant, unheralded security services have foiled literally dozens of viable terror attacks in the UK since the London bombings. The irony of ironies is Islam calls itself 'the religion of peace'!

Have a look at the list of fatal Islamic terror attacks just this year. I was shocked!

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks-2014.htm

Offline Andrea

Re: 276 Nigerian girls 'stolen' by Islamic extremists
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 08:55:38 PM »
Just clicked on that link, shocking isn't it.
Let's go kill somebody in the name of an imaginary friend.

We should all be Pagan, Europe was Pagan before the introduction of Christianity, and now we have the growth of Islam.
Or the growth of Islamist extremism I should say.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 09:35:15 PM »
It truly is shocking. And muslims are killing muslims too by the 1000's! I made the mistake of following a comment to type 'Syrian torture' into youtube; OMFG what the different factions are doing to each other in that war is inconceivable ..... I have a strong stomach but came away utterly sickened!

God only knows what is going to happen to those 300 odd young girls in Nigeria!

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 12:33:11 PM »
Just clicked on that link, shocking isn't it.
Let's go kill somebody in the name of an imaginary friend.

We should all be Pagan, Europe was Pagan before the introduction of Christianity, and now we have the growth of Islam.
Or the growth of Islamist extremism I should say.
Good point Andrea.

My dad maintains that religion is in the main the root cause of most wars/conflict.  Here's an interesting article:

Jane Caro (Atheism)

As 14 year-old Malala Yousafzai sat on a bus in the grounds of her school in Pakistan's Swat Valley, a gunman shot her in the head. After proudly claiming responsibility, the Taliban told the world that the teenage education activist's work represented "a new chapter of obscenity, and we have to finish this chapter". The "obscenity" was the education of girls.
The Taliban felt no shame. They know that what they have done is right because their god tells them so. Gods have been used to justify almost any cruelty, from burning heretics and stoning adulterers to crucifying Jesus himself.

On the other side of the world, Anders Behring Breivik slaughtered 77 Norwegians. Breivik seems to have seen his murderous spree as a way of getting rid of Muslims, yet his 1,500-page manifesto revealed, at best, a weak attachment to religious belief. To Breivik, Christianity seems important mainly because he sees it as white. Breivik, like the devoutly religious Taliban, also appears to feel no shame.

The men who flew planes into buildings on 9/11, the Pakistanis who went on a murderous rampage in Mumbai and the Bali bombers, all killed as many people as they could in the name of their religion. Breivik did it in the name of his race. Timothy McVeigh, who killed 168 people and wounded 800, hated the government. All saw their mass murder as a political act of protest and all felt justified.

Atheists like Mao or Pol Pot have murdered millions in the name of political totalitarianism. Hitler used a quasi-mystical racist philosophy to exploit the ancient hatred of the Jews by Christians. I heard somewhere (I've never been able to discover where) that terrorism occurs when you combine a sense of military and economic inferiority with a sense of moral superiority. Religion is very good at conferring a sense of moral superiority on its followers.

Indeed, while the religious have murdered throughout history in the name of their god, I've been unable to find any evidence of atheists killing anyone in the name of atheism. Atheists are no more or less capable of evil than anyone else, but it seems that murder, particularly mass murder and war, is a sin of commission. In other words, human beings are generally only prepared to fight and kill in the name of something. It can be a god, but it can also be a political philosophy – like nazism or communism. Many fight for patriotism: for country, tribe or race. Some kill because they're psychologically disturbed, but none – so far – in the name of atheism.

So, while I don't agree that only religion causes conflict, I'd argue that all mass murder and war are fought in the name of a bigger-than-self philosophy or idea. Atheism, simply lack of belief in a god, has not yet proved compelling enough to motivate murder. So far no one has gone into a crowded public space and blown themselves up while shouting, "No god is great!".

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 10:08:48 AM »

There is no doubt in my mind that if enough celebrities post pictures of themselves holding up signs saying
'# bring our girls back'  then those extremist militants will have a change of heart.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 10:13:41 AM »
There is no doubt in my mind that if enough celebrities post pictures of themselves holding up signs saying
'# bring our girls back'  then those extremist militants will have a change of heart.

@)(++(*
You're so bad Spammy!

Offline abs

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 10:45:11 PM »
276 schoolgirls plus another 11 yesterday just stolen! What the feck! Imagine if this had happened in Europe or America; this story would be as big as 911!

And what the feck is up with radical muslims in all parts of the world. Literally 10's of 1000's are killed every year in the name of Allah and Mohammad. Thank god our brilliant, unheralded security services have foiled literally dozens of viable terror attacks in the UK since the London bombings. The irony of ironies is Islam calls itself 'the religion of peace'!

Have a look at the list of fatal Islamic terror attacks just this year. I was shocked!

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks-2014.htm

That!
This is truly awful. Not only for the abducted girls (I don´t even want to imagine what has happened/is happening to them).
The problem is that this happens all the time.  Not in those numbers, but maybe two or three girls a day.- and nobody does anything about it and it doesn´t make it to the press! It is very common in Nigeria.  The only reason it does in this case is that there are so many girls.
Then there is also the huge problem that girls are afraid to go to school - and of course parents are afraid to send their girls to school.
The president is worthless, he doesn´t care about this. He has been forced to pretend he cares because of the international focus on it now (which was also quite delayed in my opinion.)

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 09:37:17 AM »
When I heard that Procul Harum had been abducting Nigerian girls, my face, at first just ghostly, turned a whiter shade of pale.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 09:47:35 AM »
When I heard that Procul Harum had been abducting Nigerian girls, my face, at first just ghostly, turned a whiter shade of pale.

8)--))
You prat Spammy!  8((()*/

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 09:50:18 AM »

It's a crap joke, but someone had to do it.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 10:17:47 AM »
The Nigerian government are offering a $5 billion reward for information leading to the rescue of the 276 kidnapped girls.

To claim your reward just reply to this email giving your full name, bank account no., sort code and your mother's maiden name and the $5 billion will be transferred to your account immediately.

Offline Anna

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 04:22:20 PM »
This is so wicked and just unbelievable. These poor families   8(8-))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

US First Lady Michelle Obama has said the mass kidnap of Nigerian schoolgirls is part of a wider pattern of threats and intimidation facing girls around the world who pursue an education.
She said she and her husband Barack Obama were "outraged and heartbroken" over the abduction on 14 April of more than 200 girls from their school.
She was speaking instead of her husband in the weekly presidential address.
The Islamist militant group Boko Haram has claimed the abductions.
'Call to action'
Continue reading the main story
Boko Haram at a glance

Founded in 2002
Initially focused on opposing Western education - Boko Haram means "Western education is forbidden" in the local Hausa language
Launched military operations in 2009 to create Islamic state
Thousands killed, mostly in north-eastern Nigeria - also attacked police and UN headquarters in capital, Abuja
Some three million people affected
Declared terrorist group by US in 2013
Profile: Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau
Who are Boko Haram?
Abduction timeline
Mrs Obama, who was speaking ahead of Mother's Day in the US on Sunday, said the girls reminded her and her husband of their own daughters.
"What happened in Nigeria was not an isolated incident. It's a story we see every day as girls around the world risk their lives to pursue their ambitions," she said.
She cited the Pakistani schoolgirl and campaigner Malala Yousafzai, who was shot and wounded by the Taliban for speaking out for girls' education.
"The courage and hope embodied by Malala and girls like her around the world should serve as a call to action," Mrs Obama said.
It is unusual for a US first lady to make outspoken foreign policy remarks, but Mrs Obama has campaigned for the girls' release.
Michelle Obama has often appeared alongside her husband during the weekly address, but this is the first time she has delivered the speech alone.
Earlier this week, she tweeted a picture of herself in the White House holding a sign with the message "#BringBackOurGirls".
The UN Security Council expressed outrage over the abductions, saying it would consider "appropriate measures" against Boko Haram. The US is seeking to have UN sanctions imposed on the group.
Michelle Obama has been actively campaigning for the release of the girls Western help
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote
Right now, more than 65 million girls worldwide are not in school, yet we know that girls who are educated make higher wages, lead healthier lives, and have healthier families”
End Quote Michelle Obama US First Lady
From secret school to Afghanistan's future
Iran limits female education
Egypt's sexual harassment 'epidemic'
US and British experts are in Nigeria to assist with rescue efforts.
A senior US official said Washington was also considering a Nigerian request for surveillance aircraft.
British High Commissioner Andrew Pocock said drones could help gather intelligence but urged caution.
He told the BBC's Today programme: "The eye in the sky, even if it were able to be focused on the spot, isn't a panacea."
Traditional hunters armed with bows and arrows and old-fashioned shotguns are ready to enter the forest where the girls are thought to be held, local officials in Borno state have told the BBC's Mark Doyle.
They say 400 to 500 men have gathered but their departure is not imminent - they still hope the army will step up its efforts.
Our correspondent says it is a sign of Nigerians' frustration with the lack of progress in the search.
Nigerian army spokesman Major General Chris Olukolade told the BBC the allegations of a lack of action were being made in order to discredit the military and there was no truth in them.
"This is not the first time we're hearing of hunters wanting to go into the forest. The military has always carefully utilised the support and understanding of locals ... and others who have vital knowledge and information that could enhance counter terrorism operations," he said.
Boko Haram has admitted capturing the girls, saying they should not have been in school and should get married instead.
Boko Haram, whose name means "Western education is forbidden" in the Hausa language, began its insurgency in Borno state in 2009.
At least 1,200 people are estimated to have died in the violence this year alone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-27354230
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 10:08:09 AM »

I'm not saying that all Muslims are terrorists.

But most terrorists do seem to be Muslims.

Cariad

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 09:45:48 AM »
I'm not saying that all Muslims are terrorists.

But most terrorists do seem to be Muslims.

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not-all-terrorists-are-muslims/

All terrorists are Muslims expect the 94% which aren't....

Since when did 6% become 'most'?

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 10:31:36 AM »
http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not-all-terrorists-are-muslims/

All terrorists are Muslims expect the 94% which aren't....

Since when did 6% become 'most'?

Name any group that has carried out or attempted a terror attack in the UK in the past say decade? There have been literally dozens and 100% by muslims!

Can you name the last significant terrorist outrage worldwide that wasn't perpetrated by muslims? Then count how many muslim terror attacks you can name since that one!

Then type in 'Syrian torture' in youtube ..... if you have the stomach to watch the literally 1000's of videos of the most disgusting acts of barbarism carried out in the name of Allah!

There have been over 22,975 documented Islamic terror attacks causing death worldwide since 9/11. (Do you want the list?). If that figure is 6% as you claim then there must have been 359,942 deadly non-muslim terror attacks in that same period. Can you name any of them?

These are facts; not some silly pie chart on an obscure website.