Author Topic: British police commence ground searches and digs in Praia da Luz.  (Read 39767 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: British police commence ground searches and digs in Praia da Luz.
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2014, 04:19:52 PM »
Of course not but maybe you can provide me with a photo of that same area in May 2007 to see if there was anything on top of that ground? Maybe a big pile of rubble was once there. Don't judge it on how it looks now.
If there was a big pile of rubble there that has now gone then it would have been at that point that a body would likely have been uncovered don't you think?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2014, 04:21:05 PM »
elsewhere     people     have said the  ground  is too hard    for   digging  well the police are now digging!!!
Yes with great big shovels and JCBs - were these available to the people whom you suspect of burying Madeleine's body?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2014, 04:22:28 PM »
Of course not but maybe you can provide me with a photo of that same area in May 2007 to see if there was anything on top of that ground? Maybe a big pile of rubble was once there. Don't judge it on how it looks now.
By the way, any reason you can think of why the Portuguese police wouldn't have checked out a big pile of rubble in a small village where a child had disappeared in suspicious circumstances...?

Offline jassi

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2014, 04:23:52 PM »
Perhaps this body was concealed in a crevice and then covered over, rather than digging a hole from scratch.

I'm interested that there now seems to be a more general acceptance that a body is being sought.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pegasus

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2014, 04:24:46 PM »
IIRC and JIMO the current area is mentioned in two statements in the files but this is not by address or map reference it is from my interpretation which others may think is rubbish as usual.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2014, 04:29:20 PM »
Perhaps this body was concealed in a crevice and then covered over, rather than digging a hole from scratch.

I'm interested that there now seems to be a more general acceptance that a body is being sought.

'There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Madeleine has been harmed.'
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2014, 04:31:25 PM »
'There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Madeleine has been harmed.'

As you don't seem to realise just because there is no evidence maddie is dead..death is not ruled out

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2014, 04:37:10 PM »

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.  It would certainly have been a stroke of luck for someone desperate to hide a body in the dark to stumble across a convenient pile of rubble or a crevice in the dark.   

As far as your second point is concerned, it has always been my view that Madeleine didn't make it far out of PdL and that the answers to her disappearance would be found in or near the town.  If the police are looking for a body I'm wondering why  it has taken 7 years to get to this point. 

Offline jassi

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2014, 04:39:53 PM »
Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.  It would certainly have been a stroke of luck for someone desperate to hide a body in the dark to stumble across a convenient pile of rubble or a crevice in the dark.   

As far as your second point is concerned, it has always been my view that Madeleine didn't make it far out of PdL and that the answers to her disappearance would be found in or near the town.  If the police are looking for a body I'm wondering why  it has taken 7 years to get to this point.

You are assuming that the body was concealed there that night. That may not be the case. It may have been hidden elsewhere (WS's bin for example) and them moved to a more permanent place later.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2014, 04:45:03 PM »
You are assuming that the body was concealed there that night. That may not be the case. It may have been hidden elsewhere (WS's bin for example) and them moved to a more permanent place later.
During daylight hours then you think?

And I  thought these bins got emptied daily, in the middle of the night...?

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2014, 04:53:03 PM »
Please note that posts specific to the ground searches and excavations currently taking place in Praia da Luz this week should be posted on this thread.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 05:00:42 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2014, 05:54:50 PM »
They have GNR dogs! One German Shepherd and one Rottweiler
IMO the only dogs searching are two Spaniels, who take their instructions in the Welsh language, Muzzy and Tito.
The GNR dogs I assume are to help guard the site.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 05:59:42 PM by pegasus »

icabodcrane

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2014, 06:07:35 PM »

Because for the last seven years the McCanns have been asking people to look for Madeleine all over the world ?

Remember that Oprah appeal ....   the one that went out to 140 countries ? 

You may have always thought Madeleine didn't make it out of PdL  but the McCanns didn't appear to, did they  ? 

Cariad

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2014, 06:12:11 PM »
IMO the only dogs searching are two Spaniels, who take their instructions in the Welsh language, Muzzy and Tito.
The GNR dogs I assume are to help guard the site.

Yes. Should Sandra wish to ask these dogs, she'll need to siarad cymreag...

What happened to searching for evidence, not necessarily a body?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2014, 06:28:14 PM »
You are assuming that this burial took place immediately following Madeleine's disappearance.  This may not have been the case.

Actually, I am assuming nothing of the kind, and until evidence to the contrary is found, I will continue to hope that Madeleine is still alive. Therefore I am not even assuming burial. 

I make no assumptions and like everyone else, will have to content myself with waiting for the police investigation to reach its conclusion. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....