Author Topic: The alleged assault on Leandro Silva by Gonçalo Amaral.  (Read 4618 times)

Offline Anna

The alleged assault on Leandro Silva by Gonçalo Amaral.
« on: August 16, 2014, 11:42:02 AM »
I am not sure what this is about.....Possibly settled out of court?

Gonçalo Amaral: Do not go to trial
Mar 18th 2010

The court in Faro decided not to pronounce the former PJ coordinator Gonçalo Amaral
in lawsuit by Leandro Silva (Joana's stepfather), who complained of torture.

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/goncalo-amaral-nao-vai-a-julgamento
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 02:45:45 PM by John »
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Mr Gray

Re: The alleged assault on Leandro Silva by Gonçalo Amaral.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 11:50:10 AM »

Mar 18th 2010

The court in Faro decided not to pronounce the former PJ coordinator Gonçalo Amaral

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/goncalo-amaral-nao-vai-a-julgamento

If Leandro was tortured inside the police station then perhaps there are simply no witnesses. We have seen in two other cases where the court have accepted torture took place but have not been able to prove who was responsible. I am starting to think the portuguese justice system is extremely unfair towards the accused...no miscarriages of justice...the system sees to that...appalling

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 11:55:10 AM »

Mar 18th 2010

I'm not sure either.  The article is dated 2010. 

But one Judge did try to get the case thrown out.  It was Reinstated on Appeal.  And as far as I know, is still ongoing.

Offline sadie

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 12:25:40 PM »
I am doing this from memory and am happy too be corrected if I have remembered wrongly.  Maybe someone else can confirm or better still find the report.

I read somewhere that Leandro was detained in hospital after the assault on him, over night at least and I think for a couple of days.  And it is my understanding that Amaral delivered the "punishment" himself.

Punishment to "persuade" him to write a witness statement indicting Leanor ? 

Now, am I remembering it correctly?  Leandro rescinded this statement after the case had used it to help convict Leanor and Joao?

Same as the witness in the Michael Cook case we are told rescinded his statement after it had been used to indict Michael ?

>@@(*&) .... Hmmm?   ..........We could do with a pegged nose emocion, me thinks

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 01:37:56 PM »
I am doing this from memory and am happy too be corrected if I have remembered wrongly.  Maybe someone else can confirm or better still find the report.

I read somewhere that Leandro was detained in hospital after the assault on him, over night at least and I think for a couple of days.  And it is my understanding that Amaral delivered the "punishment" himself.

Punishment to "persuade" him to write a witness statement indicting Leanor ? 

Now, am I remembering it correctly?  Leandro rescinded this statement after the case had used it to help convict Leanor and Joao?

Same as the witness in the Michael Cook case we are told rescinded his statement after it had been used to indict Michael ?

>@@(*&) .... Hmmm?   ..........We could do with a pegged nose emocion, me thinks

Here you go Sadie.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3213.0
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Anna

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 04:34:57 PM »
I'm not sure either.  The article is dated 2010. 

But one Judge did try to get the case thrown out.  It was Reinstated on Appeal.  And as far as I know, is still ongoing.

he didn't file the complaint until 2009 . I have a lot of info, but not relevant to this thread. I can find no appeal, but his family were witnesses and hospital report ......A bit here too
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id248.html
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.publico.pt%2Fsociedade%2Fnoticia%2Fmp-acusa-exinspector-da-pj-goncalo-amaral-de-tortura-a-leandro-silva-1389690&edit-text=
― Plato

Offline Montclair

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 04:35:28 PM »
If Leandro was tortured inside the police station then perhaps there are simply no witnesses. We have seen in two other cases where the court have accepted torture took place but have not been able to prove who was responsible. I am starting to think the portuguese justice system is extremely unfair towards the accused...no miscarriages of justice...the system sees to that...appalling

AFAIK, Gonçalo Amaral was cleared as there was no evidence to support Leandro's accusation.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 05:01:48 PM »
AFAIK, Gonçalo Amaral was cleared as there was no evidence to support Leandro's accusation.

amaral makes sure there are no witnesses

Offline sadie

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 05:15:59 PM »

A period in hospital with rib injuries and off work for several days.  all at the hands of our friend Amaral, it seems.

Thanks DCI for finding that.  Also thanks to Benice for originally finding it and Eleanor.

Nice guy, Amaral

http://www.publico.pt/sociedade/noticia/mp-acusa-exinspector-da-pj-goncalo-amaral-de-tortura-a-leandro-silva-1389690

Caso Joana
MP acusa ex-inspector da PJ Gonçalo Amaral de tortura a Leandro Silva
Por Lusa

01/07/2009 - 11:44

Gonçalo Amaral já tinha sido condenado em Maio no caso das agressões a Leonor Cipriano FIlipe Casaca (arquivo)

O Ministério Público (MP) acusou o ex-inspector da Polícia Judiciária Gonçalo Amaral por agressão a Leandro Silva, companheiro de Leonor Cipriano, condenada pelo homicídio e ocultação de cadáver da filha Joana Cipriano, em 2004, no Algarve.

Segundo documentos do MP, a que a agência Lusa teve acesso, Gonçalo Amaral é acusado de um crime de tortura em co-autoria.

A acusação refere que no dia 13 de Outubro de 2004, nas instalações da Polícia Judiciária (PJ) de Portimão, o antigo inspector agarrou no pescoço de Leandro Silva e desferiu-lhe dois socos no abdómen e duas bofetadas na face ao mesmo tempo que pedia para lhe indicar onde estava a criança (Joana).

Como consequência directa das agressões, ainda segundo o MP, Leandro sofreu várias lesões, nomeadamente "contusão da grelha costal", que o impediram de trabalhar durante cinco dias.

Em Maio, o Tribunal de Faro condenou Gonçalo Amaral a um ano e meio de prisão com pena suspensa por falsidade de depoimento no caso das agressões a Leonor Cipriano.

Foi dado como provado que Leonor Cipriano foi agredida na PJ por elementos da Judiciária não identificados, e não caiu nas escadas, como chegou a ser aventado. No entanto, o tribunal não conseguiu determinar quais foram os autores das agressões.

Este caso remonta a 2004 e está relacionado com o denominado "caso Joana", que se refere ao desaparecimento, no dia 12 de Setembro do mesmo ano, de uma menina de oito anos da aldeia de Figueira, Portimão.

As acusações do Ministério Público contra cinco inspectores e ex-inspectores da Judiciária surgiram na sequência dos interrogatórios na PJ de Faro em 2004, altura em que Leonor terá aparecido com lesões na cara e no corpo no Estabelecimento Prisional de Odemira, onde estava em prisão preventiva.

A mãe de Joana e o tio João Cipriano estão condenados pelo Supremo Tribunal de Justiça a 16 anos de prisão cada um, pelos crimes de homicídio e ocultação de cadáver da criança.

-----------------------------------------------

http://www.publico.pt/sociedade/noticia/mp-acusa-exinspector-da-pj-goncalo-amaral-de-tortura-a-leandro-silva-1389690

MP accuses former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral torture Leandro Silva

The Public Ministry (MP) accused former Inspector of Judicial Police Gonçalo Amaral assault Leandro Silva, companion Leonor Cipriano, convicted of murder and concealment of a body of her daughter Joana Cipriano, in 2004, in the Algarve.

According to documents from the MP, that the agency Lusa had access, Gonçalo Amaral is accused of a crime of torture in co-authorship. The indictment states that on 13 October 2004 at the premises of the Judicial Police (PJ) in Portimao, the former inspector grabbed the neck of Leandro Silva and struck him two blows in the abdomen and two slaps in the face while asking you to indicate where the child was (Joan). As a direct result of the attacks, according to the MP, Leandro suffered several injuries, including "the rib cage injury" that kept him from work for five days. In May, the Court of Faro Gonçalo Amaral sentenced to a year in prison on probation for making false allegations in the case of attacks on Leonor Cipriano.

Was established as a fact that Leonor Cipriano was assaulted by members of the PJ Judicial unidentified fell on the stairs and not, as had been hypothesized. However, the court failed to determine which were the perpetrators of the attacks. This case dates back to 2004 and is related to the so-called "Joana case", which refers to the disappearance, on 12 September of the same year, a girl eight years the village of Figueira, Portimão. Accusations prosecutors against five inspectors and former inspectors Judicial emerged following the interrogation PJ in Faro in 2004, when Leonor has appeared with lesions on the face and body in the Establishment Odemira Prison, where he was in custody. Joana's mother and uncle João Cipriano are condemned by the Supreme Court to 16 years in prison each, for the crimes of murder and concealment of a body of the child.

End quote

Nice guy, Amaral

So, along with all the other things we have learned............
Judge for yourself:
Are miscarriages of justice in Portugal as rare as hens teeth?

Offline Anna

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 05:40:11 PM »
The words of his and Leonors  Lawyer...................................................

9th nov 2010 dn

Excerpt:-

Marcos Aragão Correia also denounced the "interception of correspondence" with the appearance of envelopes in open letters addressed either by Leonor Cipriano, for Leandro Silva, whose defenses sponsored a lawsuit against former - Judiciary Police coordinator, Gonçalo Amaral by suspicion of assault in inquiries after the disappearance of Joana. "There is an absolute lack of interest of justice in relation to the case named Joana.  's Aim is to smother it. In Portugal, when a child disappears instead of further police investigation, it always show the parents as the main suspects, as happened with the English Madeleine McCann "he lamented.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dn.pt%2Finicio%2Fportugal%2Finterior.aspx%3Fcontent_id%3D1706203%26seccao%3DSul&edit-text=
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 02:48:49 PM by John »
― Plato