Author Topic: Does anyone still believe that the investigation is active?  (Read 4711 times)

Offline Admin

Does anyone still believe that the investigation is active?
« on: October 06, 2019, 09:52:15 PM »

Please discuss.

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Does anyone still believe that the investigation is active?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 10:25:17 PM »

Please discuss.

Well OG have fairly recently received a tranche of money from HO so I guess they must be doing something?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 11:28:29 PM »

Please discuss.

As long as there is something to investigate they will keep the investigation going.  Apart from having to justify a budget I don't believe they would go beyond the point of if or when lines of enquiry become exhausted.

Therefore I believe the investigation hasn't reached its conclusion yet.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 08:37:11 AM »
Well OG have fairly recently received a tranche of money from HO so I guess they must be doing something?

Strange why the HO funds when the case is in support of the PJ,the FO would be the go to surely.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 08:39:12 AM »

Please discuss.

Guess we'll never know,with the murder rate in the capital as it is,one must wonder how many are solely assigned to grange, if any.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline The General

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 08:53:19 AM »
The scope and veracity is the actual question.
£130k does not go far. I reckon 4 bodies, plus prelims (IT, ad hoc support, etc).
I assume it will be the easiest touch going - apart from the lack of over time. Bobbies love overtime.
There's every chance there's a couple of phone jockys full time and two bobbies part time, one sergeant, one PC.
Again, I'm assuming, but I doubt it's full scale incident room like CSI: Miami, probably a portacabin in the car park.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline jassi

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 09:05:02 AM »

Guess we'll never know,with the murder rate in the capital as it is,one must wonder how many are solely assigned to grange, if any.
We can be sure that DCI 'Wonder woman' Wall will be spending her time more productively investigating current crime, rather than mulling over a cold case.

IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 09:18:04 AM »
We can be sure that DCI 'Wonder woman' Wall will be spending her time more productively investigating current crime, rather than mulling over a cold case.

IMO

Assuming she's not retired, of course.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 09:18:46 AM »
The scope and veracity is the actual question.
£130k does not go far. I reckon 4 bodies, plus prelims (IT, ad hoc support, etc).
I assume it will be the easiest touch going - apart from the lack of over time. Bobbies love overtime.
There's every chance there's a couple of phone jockys full time and two bobbies part time, one sergeant, one PC.
Again, I'm assuming, but I doubt it's full scale incident room like CSI: Miami, probably a portacabin in the car park.

Your assumption appears to belie the fact that many lessons have already been learned from the conduct of Madeleine McCann's case.

In 2010 it was discovered that Ricardo Piava direct from the portakabin where he allegedly broadcast information regarding body parts ... was also sitting on the Portuguese investigative files of which he was in charge and about which he was doing absolutely nothing except stamping them as irrelevant.
The inaction you suggest has therefore already been done and took two years of information out of Madeleine's case and may very well be why Porto Policia Judiciaria took over the case.  It won't easily be allowed again imo.

Thanks to FOI here and the courts in Portugal it really isn't as easy as you think it is to cover up the malfeasance practised by some police officers such as Paiva.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 09:20:52 AM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 09:19:53 AM »

IMO

In a recent post on my blog I suggested that DCI Nicola Wall appears to have retired, and that DCI Katherine Goodwin appears to have drawn the short straw in inheriting Wall's open cases.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 09:26:47 AM »
Your assumption appears to belie the fact that many lessons have already been learned from the conduct of Madeleine McCann's case.

In 2010 it was discovered that Ricardo Piava direct from the portakabin where he allegedly broadcast information regarding body parts ... was also sitting on the Portuguese investigative files of which he was in charge and about which he was doing absolutely nothing except stamping them as irrelevant.
The inaction you suggest has therefore already been done and took two years of information out of Madeleine's case and may very well be why Porto Policia Judiciaria took over the case.  It won't easily be allowed again imo.

Thanks to FOI here and the courts in Portugal it really isn't as easy as you think it is to cover up the malfeasance practised by some police officers such as Paiva.

A team from Porto carried out a review. The reopened case is in the hands of the Judiciary and the PJ in Portimao, as the first investigation was.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 09:29:10 AM »
In a recent post on my blog I suggested that DCI Nicola Wall appears to have retired, and that DCI Katherine Goodwin appears to have drawn the short straw in inheriting Wall's open cases.

If its the case,Madeleine's disappearance saw off another SY officer.Still she had a good 5 yrs at it.
They seek him here,they seek seek him there,the peelers seek him everywhere.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 09:38:43 AM »

Please discuss.

Probably not after my tip-offs!
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 12:18:44 PM »

IMO

I would think so. IMO all lines of enquiry, in as much as their remit allows, have been exhausted with OG doing nothing more than waiting out any new developments.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 12:22:17 PM »
If its the case,Madeleine's disappearance saw off another SY officer.Still she had a good 5 yrs at it.
They seek him here,they seek seek him there,the peelers seek him everywhere.

A senior officer will always be assigned to every case but their involvement in Madeline will be very minimal. They will have real and active policing to be getting on with on a daily basis.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!