Author Topic: New search of reservoir near Silves  (Read 7417 times)

Offline jassi

Re: New search of reservoir near Silves
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2023, 01:29:37 PM »
"The search is set to last for at least two days and beyond that if anything of relevance is found."

Two whole days to search an entire reservoir?! Doesn't say much for their intel.

There's talk of them digging in the surrounding woods as well, so can't see them getting very far in a couple of days - unless they have a map with X marking the spot to search.

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2023, 01:36:24 PM »
I know, finally, someone man enough to actually insinuate it seems it's all a farce....on a public forum with massive viewing figures.

Im sure you will have seen Talk TV
LOL, no I don't watch Talk TV I'm afraid - nearly all my least favourite people are regular presenters on there which might explain its "massive" viewing figures  @)(++(*
"In July 2022, the channel has the lowest viewership compared to similar news and opinion-based news shows".[42]
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2023, 01:40:03 PM »
I know, finally, someone man enough to actually insinuate it seems it's all a farce....on a public forum with massive viewing figures.

I've just watched a little... doesn't seem too bright and has an opinion from a position of ignorance.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 01:46:32 PM by Mr Gray »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2023, 01:42:05 PM »
This reservoir was named years ago as a likely body disposal site - was it not searched then by the PJ?

The lawyer Marcos Aragao Correia acting on information from the underworld privately paid for a search in 2008.

One wonders if his source spoke to the German investigators several years down the line.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2023, 01:48:48 PM »
Not by Peter Faulding and his towfish though.  Where is he when you need him!

The police didn't do much better. They only had to search a small stretch of river & still managed to miss the dead body in the reeds until a member of public pointed right at it.
Yes, I’m quite confident Wolters can find Maddie's body within a sodding great reservoir in the space of just two days & after 16 years.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2023, 01:49:48 PM »

I've watched all 60 seconds of it...not sure what you are getting so excited about. I agree with him that we should manage our expectations...but it's a positive move

Offline kizzy

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2023, 02:04:02 PM »
I've watched all 60 seconds of it...not sure what you are getting so excited about. I agree with him that we should manage our expectations...but it's a positive move

Well, at least you watched it D....Why would you think I'm getting excited... wasn't me who brought it here.

I would have thought it best to leave till the search had been done.

Instead of turning it into a farce before it has even started.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2023, 02:04:44 PM »
There's talk of them digging in the surrounding woods as well, so can't see them getting very far in a couple of days - unless they have a map with X marking the spot to search.

It tells us two things doesn't it, the two day allocation. Either they are supremely confident of where she is, or they haven't really a clue.
In two days time we'll find out it's the second answer.

Offline jassi

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2023, 02:11:19 PM »
Even if they find a body, which I think improbable given the time scale, will it provide any useful information regarding the person who dumped it there?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2023, 02:15:38 PM »
Even if they find a body, which I think improbable given the time scale, will it provide any useful information regarding the person who dumped it there?

What his name Parks. Wrapped his wife in carpet & weighted it down with distinctive rocks from his garden wall.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2023, 02:17:06 PM »
Well, at least you watched it D....Why would you think I'm getting excited... wasn't me who brought it here.

I would have thought it best to leave till the search had been done.

Instead of turning it into a farce before it has even started.

I don't see any farce......it's just your imagination

Offline jassi

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2023, 02:18:47 PM »
What his name Parks. Wrapped his wife in carpet & weighted it down with distinctive rocks from his garden wall.

Remember him from schooldays. He wasn't very bright then.

Or maybe not -

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2023, 02:23:06 PM »
I think it would mean that you could finally put your mind at rest that you were barking up the wrong tree wrt to the McCanns don't you?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2023, 02:23:24 PM »
If they think that they have a chance of finding the body it would explain why they are in no rush to charge him

A job for cadaver dogs in the surrounding woodland

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2023, 02:27:02 PM »
Remember him from schooldays. He wasn't very bright then.

That was only a rough synopsis. I think there's a thread about him here. Can't remember the exact of the case but it's pretty obvious he dunnit. Can't remember if he was tried, acquited, convicted & I can't be bothered to look it up right now. But yeah, that bloke. Something about the knots he tied the body with also. So yes, theoretically some link to the disposer could be established.