Author Topic: Now that Jurisdiction has reverted to Braunschweig ....  (Read 5577 times)

Offline Brietta

Now that Jurisdiction has reverted to Braunschweig ....
« on: September 23, 2023, 10:57:10 PM »
The Maddie McCann case

"The decision of the Higher Regional Court does not change anything for the investigations in the Maddie case," prosecutor Christian Wolters told BILD. "We had continued the investigations unchanged anyway, because we were of the opinion that the responsibility for all investigations against Christian B. lies in Braunschweig."

These investigations are still ongoing: "They are ongoing. The results of the search operation from Portugal are not yet available." There, a reservoir had been searched in May, where Christian Brückner is said to have camped frequently.

It is theoretically possible, according to Wolters, that the investigation into the Maddie case will be completed and charges will be brought against Brückner before the proceedings in the Hazel B. case are concluded: "Both proceedings run independently of each other and have little in common apart from the accused."

"However, since the Higher Regional Court has asked the Regional Court to continue the current proceedings in the Hazel B. case and others quickly, I think it is very unlikely that the Maddie investigations will be completed before the end of the other proceedings," the prosecutor cautiously hopes for a speedy start at least the first trial against Christian Brückner.

https://www.bild.de/news/inland/news-inland/bild-erklaert-das-prozess-wirrwarr-und-was-ist-mit-maddie-85484622.bild.html

I never could understand why the jurisdiction issue took as long to resolve as it did. That's the law for you! At least now that it appears to have been sorted as far as the five pending sexual abuse cases Brueckner has been charged with are concerned, we can move forward.
Where to now though?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

Re: Now that Jurisdiction has reverted to Braunschweig ....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 12:32:55 PM »

Get Brueckner On Trial for the Five Outstanding Charges.  This will happen before his current conviction comes to an end.

This whole thing has been about waiting.  It is unfortunate that it has been left to Germany.  Or is it?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2023, 02:58:22 PM »
Get Brueckner On Trial for the Five Outstanding Charges.  This will happen before his current conviction comes to an end.

This whole thing has been about waiting.  It is unfortunate that it has been left to Germany.  Or is it?

It is very hard to see how Brueckner is going to wiggle out of the five serious and deviant charges he will now face.

At least no-one can point the finger at the German legal system and claim Brueckner is either a patsy or that he is being treated unfairly.  They have bent over backwards on his behalf by taking months out to sort out the jurisdiction problem which he must have known was a lie from the word go.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2023, 03:36:15 PM »
It is very hard to see how Brueckner is going to wiggle out of the five serious and deviant charges he will now face.

At least no-one can point the finger at the German legal system and claim Brueckner is either a patsy or that he is being treated unfairly.  They have bent over backwards on his behalf by taking months out to sort out the jurisdiction problem which he must have known was a lie from the word go.

I honestly don't know what Fulscher thinks he is up to.  Unless he is looking for more clients amongst the depraved.  Although I don't actually have a problem with that.  Someone has to represent them.

But Juristiction was pretty pathetic.  And isn't actually important if someone has committed a crime.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2023, 04:44:43 PM »
I honestly don't know what Fulscher thinks he is up to.  Unless he is looking for more clients amongst the depraved.  Although I don't actually have a problem with that.  Someone has to represent them.

But Juristiction was pretty pathetic.  And isn't actually important if someone has committed a crime.

Even horrors like Brueckner enjoy the protection of the law which they deny to others.  It is what differentiates us from them.  Somebody does indeed have to defend them and FF has chosen to do that but as far as jurisdiction goes it is obvious he had no option because the circumstances of the five charges left nothing to the imagination and all he could do was ro play for time.

One can only imagine the cries of shock horror from his support were the prosecution to have tried to use this ploy in reverse.  Incredibly this proven woman [ censored word ] actually does nave a following 🙄

Fulchers are a necessity as part of the system and Fulcher wouldn't have been doing his job if he hadn't done as well as he could.  In this instance the court belatedly applied the law and reinstated the status quo back to where it was in April.
But I think there will be other procedural ploys thrown in to disrupt the process if the opportunity presents itself.  After all we know what the indictments are and walking away from any one of them will be a bit of a miracle.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2023, 11:16:49 AM »

I do not expect Brueckner's upcoming Trial to pass without interference from Fulscher on Procedure, although it will never be ultimately about that if the evidence is there to convict Brueckner.

But no one is better able to rule on Procedure than the German Judges.  Although I am not entirely sure that I trust them.  This Trial could well be a horror story.  Fulcher isn't stupid and perhaps knows exactly what he is doing.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2023, 09:12:18 AM »

Does anyone know what Evidence The BKA has against Brueckner in the three Rape Charges?  There must be some but I appear to have missed it.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2023, 12:16:38 PM »
Does anyone know what Evidence The BKA has against Brueckner in the three Rape Charges?  There must be some but I appear to have missed it.

The five charges in full:
  • At some point between 2000 and 2006: The rape of an unidentified woman aged between 70 and 80 in a holiday home in Portugal
  • At some point between 2000 and 2006: The rape of a German-speaking girl believed to have been at least 14 years old in his home in Praia da Luz
  • 2004: The rape of a 20-year-old Irish woman after entering her apartment in Praia da Rocha  Hazel waived he right to secrecy)
  • 2007: The sexual abuse of a 10-year-old German girl on a beach in Salema, Faro
  • 2017: The sexual abuse of an 11-year-old Portuguese girl in a playground in Bartolomeu de Messines
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65337797

We have it chapter and verse regarding the 2017 outrage in the playground: we know very little about Diane's ordeal which the BKA really did well to charge and bring to trial without it being associated with Madeleine's case and we are aware of what Hazel was subjected to.

The BKA don't say much about evidence unless inquiring about it and I don't think we will hear much until post trials.
I am expecting a positive identification from the testimony of the young German speaking girl and the policewoman at the playground incident, just need to wait and see.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2023, 06:31:28 PM »

Surely The BKA must have something concerning The Rapes? The Evidence has to be shared with Brueckner's Lawyers, does it not?

No, I absolutely don't need to know personally, but Fulscher does.  And he hasn't said anything about this.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2023, 12:08:08 PM »
Surely The BKA must have something concerning The Rapes? The Evidence has to be shared with Brueckner's Lawyers, does it not?

No, I absolutely don't need to know personally, but Fulscher does.  And he hasn't said anything about this.

I think that is a certainty.

Diane's 2005 rape was in PJ files; as was Hazel's 2004 rape. Who knows if the two anonymous women didn't also file a report - or at least one of them? But anyway, the BKA have enough information to lay charges in both cases which suggests to me they have witness statement from one or both women.

I think the BKA are taking great pains to avoid having to tell Fulscher anything until they have to, which is why no charges have been laid regarding crimes against Madeleine.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2023, 04:19:29 PM »
I think that is a certainty.

Diane's 2005 rape was in PJ files; as was Hazel's 2004 rape. Who knows if the two anonymous women didn't also file a report - or at least one of them? But anyway, the BKA have enough information to lay charges in both cases which suggests to me they have witness statement from one or both women.

I think the BKA are taking great pains to avoid having to tell Fulscher anything until they have to, which is why no charges have been laid regarding crimes against Madeleine.

I think the BKA are taking great pains to avoid having to tell Fulscher anything until they have to
, which is why no charges have been laid regarding crimes against Madeleine.

I think, or should I say certain they are not telling  Friedrich Fulscher anything ....as there is nothing to tell regarding Maddie.

The reason no charges have been laid is because....they have no evidence at all that CB is the abductor of Maddie.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2023, 05:29:20 PM »

I think the BKA are taking great pains to avoid having to tell Fulscher anything until they have to

I think, or should I say certain they are not telling  Friedrich Fulscher anything ....as there is nothing to tell regarding Maddie.

The reason no charges have been laid is because....they have no evidence at all that CB is the abductor of Maddie.
You are in no position to tell us anything about what evidence the BKA investigation may or may not have. You may think you know but you don’t.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2023, 07:24:09 PM »

The delaying tactic worked - but only up to a point.  Brueckner will be tried for the five postponed crimes of a sexual nature as charged.

But even in this pre trial period there can be absolutely no doubt that Brueckner has a record which most people would shudder at contemplating.  Even his lawyer is on record as saying he would not ask him to babysit for his daughter if he had one.

The BKA have told us they have evidence against Brueckner in Madeline's case; if you think otherwise that is your privilege - but I think you should prepare yourself to be disappointed when the sexual predator, paedophile and rapist runs true to form.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2023, 08:29:52 PM »

Have patience kizzy. Wolters will be delivering justice for Maddie, just as soon as he's finished with these entirely unrelated offences. This time next year, or maybe the year after, one fine day, Wolters will prove that MWTIACABAS. Not much longer to wait now.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2023, 08:23:25 PM »

With a bit of luck and a fair wind Brueckner will get locked up for so long on these five pending charges that Germany will have forever to deal with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.